The Glade lineup - 2023

ghostdancer1

Just now, LS-Charlton said:

Seriously disappointed again, im sure it will be great but I don’t remember ever being so disappointed by the line ups as a whole 

Interested to hear what you were hoping for.

That's pretty much a classic Glade line up in terms of genres covered.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

Interested to hear what you were hoping for.

That's pretty much a classic Glade line up in terms of genres covered.

It's gradually drip fed me enough to give me plenty sets I want to see without massive clash fears, options that I reckon I'll enjoy, and loads of time to go a-wandering or be led by mates to see things I don't know. Working out pretty sweet so far.

3 minutes ago, BigMarv said:

There’s no Dub Pistols. Where are The Dub Pistols? Either a bump onto a bigger stage. Another stage that’s yet to announce. Or… not at all. Hope it’s not the latter.

They said on Twitter they were going to be playing, but not on The Glade this year. Not sure where's left for them to play that hasn't been announced yet...

Just now, jackarmy said:

They said on Twitter they were going to be playing, but not on The Glade this year. Not sure where's left for them to play that hasn't been announced yet...

I can only think Pyramid or Other as an earlier act. Having earned it over the years?

21 minutes ago, gazzared said:

The actual singer Loleatta Holloway past away in 2011 😭 I think Celestine Walcott was just they're to mime for the vids i think

Saying Loleatta Holloway was the singer for Black Box is a bit of a stretch, she was sampled and apparently not very happy about it.

Edit - realized I might've misunderstood the OP

Edited by Johnnyseven

1 minute ago, Johnnyseven said:

Saying Loleatta Holloway was the singer for Black Box is a bit of a stretch, she was sampled and apparently not very happy about it.

Indeed, also the singer for most of Black Box's tracks of this era was Martha Wash and she wasn't very happy about how that ended up either 😄

Just now, BigMarv said:

I can only think Pyramid or Other as an earlier act. Having earned it over the years?

Not big enough for either, nor are they suited to either.

Glade, Park, Truth Stage, Avalon or Woodsies would be best.

Glade, Truth, Avalon gone, so I'm predicting Woodsies.

Anyone into Dub Pistols, check out Gentleman's Dub Club.

Feeling pretty meh about this line up. Last few Glade line ups for me have been immense. I have just turned 50 though so its possible that there is loads I will like that I just dont know on there. Beauty of festivals is discovering new music

27 minutes ago, crumbler said:

Is the drip feeding of individual stages a recent thing? Haven't been to Glasto for a while but it was a lot more satisfying when you got the full line-up in one big drop, this is interminable 😄

They've been doing it a few years now, getting the whole line up at once is a bit of an infomation overload but I think I prefer it too, BTW downvoting someones second post on here for what is a fairly innocuous opinion is a bit harsh!

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Flying_Hellfish said:

Indeed, also the singer for most of Black Box's tracks of this era was Martha Wash and she wasn't very happy about how that ended up either 😄

Just read that the record company got Heather Small from M People to re-record the vocal and put that out but everyone already had the original sampled version so just kept playing that. I think I heard that Heather Small also re-recorded the Minnie Riperton vocal on The Orb - A Huge Ever Growing Pulsating Brain That Rules From the Centre of the Ultraworld after Riperton's management complained about the sample.

Just now, Johnnyseven said:

Just read that the record company got Heather Small from M People to re-record the vocal and put that out but everyone already had the original sampled version so just kept playing that. I think I heard that Heather Small also re-recorded the Minnie Riperton vocal on The Orb - A Huge Ever Growing Pulsating Brain That Rules From the Centre of the Ultraworld after Riperton's management complained about the sample.

Yeah t's very jarring to hear the Heather Small version, though she is excellent as well

12 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Not big enough for either, nor are they suited to either.

Glade, Park, Truth Stage, Avalon or Woodsies would be best.

Glade, Truth, Avalon gone, so I'm predicting Woodsies.

Anyone into Dub Pistols, check out Gentleman's Dub Club.

Yeah, love them but they'd be lost on both of those. Woodsies has been announced and I dont see them as big enough to warrant being a TBA.

Only stage I can think of left is Greenpeace, that could work!

Also a def +1 for GDC. Loadsa fun

6 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

Surprised that Stanton Warriors aren't on there as historically they very often played there - they've confirmed on Facebook that they're attending. Trying to think what other stage they could play!

I'm guessing Greenpeace for them as well