Predict the final TBAs

churlie100

22 minutes ago, Sasperella2 said:

Is it just me that thinks Rick Astley doing a secret set on top of his already 'surprise' addition on the lineup is deeply underwhelming?

But then I feel the same about churnups being Foos, who literally headlined 3 fests ago and 2 before that. 

Edited by D-Low

5 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Would be better if Blossoms just played as part of Rick Astley's main set. Pyramid Smiths singalong. He's only actually got one song hasn't he? Genuine question.

It's crossed my mind that maybe that's where the rumour comes from... maybe Blossoms are just joining him on the Pyramid for a few Smiths songs.

36 minutes ago, The Other Steve said:

They are doing a full Smiths set on the Friday.  Rick's Saturday slot is just Rick.

Sounds like you are 100% on that? If so great stuff best of the rumoured TBAs (unless Pulp do show up but I'm ignoring that for now till we get some real info)

1 hour ago, ICGenie said:

Any chance someone can do a summation of the rumours with some sort of percentage of how nailed on they are?

Doing percentages is next to impossible here because we’ve got four names in the mix for three slots and conflicting info.

Friday Woodsies: The Sun say Hozier in today’s paper. @The Other Steve says with total certainty that it’s Blossoms and Rick Astley doing a Smiths set. And he’s from Stockport, round Blossoms way, and he has said this is 100% locked.

Saturday Woodsies: The Sun say Pulp in today’s paper (with some quotes from ‘a source’ etc etc you know the drill). However we know from a tweet that Hozier is definitely travelling to the site, so this would be the logical slot for him if Blossoms/Rick play Friday.

Saturday Park: This one seems like a lock - Pretenders have been the only name in the frame here for a while. But if they pop up somewhere else, then this could be open.

Basically, once we know who’s playing where Friday, the Saturday slots should figure themselves out.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

The festival is over now if they cant just keep booking a stadium level act to be inside the woodsies tent. Ask for a refund.

Lol, we got the Foos for a pre sub TBA. I think we'll be okay. No idea why you're always trolling these forums as you clearly enjoy festivals and music

45 minutes ago, Ashl said:

Sounds like you are 100% on that? If so great stuff best of the rumoured TBAs (unless Pulp do show up but I'm ignoring that for now till we get some real info)

Is it? I'm not trying to troll, i genuinely don't understand. Are Blossoms and Rick Astley friends and do they have sime kind of affinity with the smiths? 

(maybe its obvious like they're all from manchester or something) 

1 hour ago, Sasperella2 said:

Is it just me that thinks Rick Astley doing a secret set on top of his already 'surprise' addition on the lineup is deeply underwhelming?

Watch the YouTube videos. It will be a massive hour-long sing-a-long. Just give in to it. Rather this than someone like George Ezra.

1 hour ago, D-Low said:

But then I feel the same about churnups being Foos, who literally headlined 3 fests ago and 2 before that. 

Did the Foos headline 5 years ago? They've only headlined once in 2017 no? With previous apperance before that 25 years ago?

On that - I imagine if the Churnups were actually say Radiohead nobody would have a problem with it, even though they headlined in 2017 as well. 

In my view it's a pretty massive get to have a headline level act do a 3rd from top set - and if they were just listed as "Foo Fighters" everyone would be talking about how massive a booking it was to have them there. Somehow because it's "secret", people seem way more upset about it. Last year's same slot was Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, the year before Lauryn Hill, 2017 Royal Blood.

I actually missed Foo Fighters in 2017 in favour of Goldie at Arcadia (which was worth it), so just because they headlined doesn't mean everyone looks at it and says "oh i don't think they should play again so soon"