Ashcombe Park Private Parking - Tips for getting there!

discgoesmic

Hey all,

I've decided to book a parking space at Ashcombe Park, since it's close to the festival (I may need to come in and out for care giving reasons) and has 24hr security patrol.

https://ashcombepark.com

The website shows a pin drop to get there, which also has co-ordinates. Now normally this would be very easy, but I'm conscious that the festival will be re-routing traffic to minimise the chaos.

Does anyone have any tips/tricks of best directions to go, what to say to festival crew (etc) to easily get there? Is it best to approach the car park from an alternate direction etc?

Any advice would be massively appreciated. Thanks!

(By the way, currently spaces are still available at £60 if anyone is looking for parking.)

10 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

It's not clear form your post how you are going to be getting there from the festival, by car or on foot? What car park/gate will you be exiting the festival from?

Sorry, by car! We are camping at Darble. I live nearer Bath so I'll be coming to/from Pilton direction.

7 minutes ago, paulshane said:

head east from Glastonbury itself - it's the same route for Gate A but you don't go that far.

you can't usually come from the East side as the Cannards Grave turning is one way only

image.png.3ca80c30f735f9915f66f61c11b91adb.png

Brilliant, this was exactly my thoughts. I'll come from Shepton Mallet so best go around to Glastonbury and then back east. Thank you!

Isn't Ashcombe on the same side of the road as the festival? They let you turn right, coming from Glastonbury? I'm not saying they don't it's only I would have thought the right turn would mean stopping traffic.. probably applies to the main car parks too though.

• 5 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, PassingCloud said:

Which gate do you go to walk back to this car park? A friend has booked a space. I thought she had said gate a, but an old thread seemed to suggest gate d. Anyone know how long a walk from whichever gate it is? 

1km to gate D 👍

IMG-20220404-WA0006(1).jpg

• Like 1