Site Changes 2023

Crazyfool01

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

So last year the reason ole Spiddy the Spider felt a little bit reduced in scope was the absence of those elbow extender things?

Well I never.

(And the inflatable balls around the base)

The ball things around the base and the arm bits were used in the Metamorphosis show which they didn't bring last year, so I suspect that's why the arms were missing.

4 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

just reading on Glasto chat we got the small spider last year as the big one got damaged in transit ? anyone know about this ? if thats the case then im sure we will get the big one this time and probably not quite as late as last year 

As far as I'm aware, there is only one spider. 

It was reduced in size several years ago when Arcadia started to get non Glastonbury bookings. It was so that it could then fit inside 40 foot shipping containers which made transporting it much easier and cheaper. 

3 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

I took a walk on site today and whilst not much is going on. the area where Williams green normally is has been marked out. 

nothing else has been marked out. 

EA6FD8B2-CDD3-48EE-B6D5-FC356F551831.jpeg

Ohhh interesting. Planning out the new venue and walkways. Confirms there's at least something there this year that's probably not just food.

With Williams Green, couldn't they just place a bigger tent there to fit more people in?

As for Woodsies and the surrounding wood, could they not create a more unified/connected area, sort of like the Park and have more venues dotted around that area? I feel with the name change and the Wood right there, they must have a vision of that corner having potential for something more than what's there currently.

With the new installations like Cinemaarmegeddon and Glastonbury-On-Sea, I can see the former making way before the latter. The latter could certainly expand into the camping area it sits in, with more stands dotted around. Cinemarmaggeddon feels more likely to be culled given it takes up roughly a quarter the size of the Park, yet must hold far less than a quarter of what the Park holds. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

With Williams Green, couldn't they just place a bigger tent there to fit more people in?

As for Woodsies and the surrounding wood, could they not create a more unified/connected area, sort of like the Park and have more venues dotted around that area? I feel with the name change and the Wood right there, they must have a vision of that corner having potential for something more than what's there currently.

With the new installations like Cinemaarmegeddon and Glastonbury-On-Sea, I can see the former making way before the latter. The latter could certainly expand into the camping area it sits in, with more stands dotted around. Cinemarmaggeddon feels more likely to be culled given it takes up roughly a quarter the size of the Park, yet must hold far less than a quarter of what the Park holds. 

they got rid of the bar in the woods last year, so if they are cost cutting even more then I cant see them adding stuff back 😞

edit - I think I read somewhere here that Cinemarmaggeddon has already been confirmed as binned.

Edited by gazzared

1 hour ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Cinema car mageddon is gone … 

2 hours ago, gazzared said:

they got rid of the bar in the woods last year 😞

I liked that little bar, it was a tad cheaper and went specifically there last year for a pint in the shade and it was gone 🥴

1 minute ago, spg said:

I liked that little bar, it was a tad cheaper and went specifically there last year for a pint in the shade and it was gone 🥴

yeah we were really disappointed as last year we were staying in Bath Shitground and it wouldve been a good place to stop off on the long slog to gate A

3 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

The Williams green issue is about the set up of the paths around it and the scheduling. No tent could hold that many people if there's nothing against it on site, and there's no way for them to easily close off that area as it's major through route across the site on that side of the valley. 

Whatever comes in its place I'd expect to be set out a little more like BBC introducing this year, and be in its own field they can close more easily. 

Woodsies, I absolutely agree and have been saying they need to treat it more like the park! 

Glastonbury on sea I still feel like there's a little more they can do for it. Maybe in a wet year it'll come into its own.

3 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

We know that the ribbon tower is going to be different:

Spotters badge for you! Love how we get so excited about these details. Monochrome ribbon tower? I’m here for that.