Newbie poll

guypjfreak

Who's a newbie to Glastonbury and efests   

113 members have voted

1. 1. Who's a newbie to Glastonbury and efests

Not sure of the question or how to vote.

As sig states first attendance was '95. then didn't get back 'till '04 and have been fortunate enough to attend since.

Joined eFests about a week or two before the '09 fest opened in a completely blind/never having lurked/forums were totally new to me, type of way.

Had a pertinent question. at the time. The responses were just totally emotionally overwhelming. Truly felt the love and the spirit of Glastonbury.*

Been addicted since I think.

Think my first eFests meet was '10. Wish I'd known they were a thing in '09.

Hoping I'm not jinxing it by stating this, but I'd really quite like to be jammy enough yet again to attend next years fest, just for the two decade straight run stat. But then, knowing me, I'd then want to go for the twenty festivals total achievement. Which may lead to me wanting to go for a twenty five year run or total.

It's turtles all the way down isn't it.

* Edit: I think I can honestly credit this site with getting me in on six occasions now.

Edited by MrZigster
  • Like 1

This is year 7 for me. My first festival was 14 and I’ve been incredibly lucky to make it every year since. 

I think I joined at the same as my first festival which would put me at 9 years on the forum.

EDIT: Just checked and I joined in Jan 2016 so it’s actually 7 festivals and 7 years. 

Edited by DareToDibble

I've been on here for 10 years, but I've mostly lurked and locked myself out of my other account. 😅

First went to Glastonbury in 2013.... and first time returning. Plenty of festival experiences as you can see. My very first festival was the super waterlogged Glade 2007. 

Edited by WhatADin

First glastonbury in 2010. Managed to make my way to the fields one way or another every festival since.

According to my profile, I joined here in 2015 but I'm pretty sure I lurked for a few years before the pull of the place got me to register and now it's fully part of the build up for me.

Wasn't entirely sure how to vote, I technically joined Efest in 2018 when we bought tix to Mad Cool for 2019, but didn't post or comment much (that I can recall).

Not european so didn't come on efests again until we got our glasto tix in November, it's our first glasto this year.  (and given the cost of travel to the UK and wanting to do new fests every year, probably our one and only time)

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

I imagine there'll be something.  A proportion of people will end up gravitating to R&F about the usual time regardless I expect.

i won't as i don't expect to be at the festival (final decision still to be taken).

35 minutes ago, Neil said:

i won't as i don't expect to be at the festival (final decision still to be taken).

I really hope you make it Neil, but I can only imagine the problems navigating the crowds in a mobility buggy. There must be times when you feel very vulnerable.

Just now, Ommadawn said:

I really hope you make it Neil, but I can only imagine the problems navigating the crowds in a mobility buggy. There must be times when you feel very vulnerable.

the worst was with the macca crowds climbing all over the scooter, cos walking round it was too much for them.