Glastonbury Charity bins

Crazyfool01

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

They have to / are going to paint 14,000 bins!? That's an insane number of bins. Do these bins get stored on the farm outside of the feastival, does anybody know?

They do, all stacked up on their sides.

8abeda5cce205b932c850ef5a94d78b8.jpg.59c2c7fbf127a36f6159bba902da4685.jpg

Edited by Gnomicide
Photo added

I got one made for a friend last year and couldn’t find it, despite looking from Monday when the site was empty and they weren’t being empty! 

Maybe I’ll try again, it’s for a good cause! 

1 minute ago, stuie said:

I got one made for a friend last year and couldn’t find it, despite looking from Monday when the site was empty and they weren’t being empty! 

They were all up by William's Green last year, Dan normally lets you know the location.

6 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

They were all up by William's Green last year, Dan normally lets you know the location.

Yes, I had a photo of it but it wasn’t where the photo was taken (by the astrolabe) and looked all over for it. We guessed it had maybe ended up behind catering trucks or backstage as everything came in! 

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

They have to / are going to paint 14,000 bins!? That's an insane number of bins. Do these bins get stored on the farm outside of the feastival, does anybody know?

From above, you can get an idea of the scale especially given the other photos show that they're stacked at least 5 high:

image.png.5bb3cebab6b86343201de158872d2be8.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Nice one incident. That has provided the clarity that I still needed - if truth be known.

A thought has come to my mind that 'they' could send a message out to 'the above', by carefully painting the faces of the bins on show. Like a giant mural. They would be the bins that just keep on giving. 

I've had another thought - maybe that mural could be of a Twix bar.

I have had a smoke ie. there may be more ramblings. 

6 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

They do, all stacked up on their sides.

8abeda5cce205b932c850ef5a94d78b8.jpg.59c2c7fbf127a36f6159bba902da4685.jpg

Weird seeing this screenshot on here, as it's from a video I made in 2011 at university in the lead-up to the festival. I spent a couple days on-site during the build to make some various bits of content for YouTube/Glasto site.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, grayfitz said:

Weird seeing this screenshot on here, as it's from a video I made in 2011 at university in the lead-up to the festival. I spent a couple days on-site during the build to make some various bits of content for YouTube/Glasto site.

Interesting, I just Googled Glastonbury bins storage and it was one of the first that came up.

On 4/16/2023 at 10:44 AM, stuie said:

Please do ... they were all near Williams Green last year all together, which one was yours last year. If you message me and let me know if you order one this year, I will try to message you and let you know where it was last seen (they can get moved )

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...