Elton v Fred clash poll

gfa

Elton John v Fred Again clash  

319 members have voted

1. 1. If they were to clash who would win for you?

• Elton John
    • Fred Again
    • Probably wouldn't see either

2 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Oh I know exactly what I'm taking about

He's an act for the picnic blanket posse and those who got lost on their way to a Stately Home somewhere.

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

Just another angle. Still right though.

Another thread for everyone to say the same things… again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

I actually think it says a huge amount that 12% of the efests demographic is intending to see Fred over Elton (if that happens). I've got a feeling his set is gonna be rammed, regardless. 

In fairness, I voted Fred because there wasn't an 'undecided / don't want to think about it' option. I can't be the only one.

Not convinced that seeing Fred would be the right choice, no matter how much you enjoy his music, as he's going to be around a long time, without a doubt. I can see him being a regular at the farm even. Elton is a once in a lifetime kinda thing. 

8 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

In fairness, I voted Fred because there wasn't an 'undecided / don't want to think about it' option. I can't be the only one.

Not convinced that seeing Fred would be the right choice, no matter how much you enjoy his music, as he's going to be around a long time, without a doubt. I can see him being a regular at the farm even. Elton is a once in a lifetime kinda thing. 

Yeah, hit the nail on the head with this one. Although I think me and my group will be much more set on Elton, as we've all seen Fred a couple times, it still will be a tough clash to choose - but very very likely we will set on Elton, or maybe doing a bit of both, but can't really see us doing that. If Fred *does* clash with EJ, I just hope he does a couple more sets elsewhere, ideally Arcadia with Skrillex and Four Tet, then it'll make the blow softer, and if Fred's 'main' set is on Sunday, it hopefully rules out The Prodigy clashing with EJ too (really don't want to manifest any of these clashes though into existence). 

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Currently watching Fred. Nowt special.  Generic beats, generic melodies. Generic banter. Actually...banter is fucking shite 🤣

Eltons last ever uk show v's a DJ who'll pop up everywhere - it's a no brainer

• Upvote 1

Hardly totally different.

Both are producers making commercial/mainstream pop-house music, primarily build around vocals, with occasionally cheesey elements. Harris has leant into the cheese/pop side of it a lot more as he's gotten much bigger, and working with superstars, but Fred isn't far off. Main difference is that Fred's vocals are overwhelmingly samples, whereas Calvin's were purpose written/recorded.

9 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Both are producers making commercial/mainstream pop-house music, primarily build around vocals, with occasionally cheesey elements. Harris has leant into the cheese/pop side of it a lot more as he's gotten much bigger, and working with superstars, but Fred isn't far off. Main difference is that Fred's vocals are overwhelmingly samples, whereas Calvin's were purpose written/recorded.

Yeah I’d agree, they’re both very much on the commercial/mainstream end of dance. I think the issue is people like to think that isn’t the case with Fred and he’s somehow edgy and cool because they like him, but by definition that isn’t the case.

Edited by Jose Pose

56 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Calvin makes pop music. Albums were centred around collaborations with massive artist to garner chart success.

That’s not what Fred has done, up to this point anyway.