Thread Again

CaledonianGonzo

Just now, Matt42 said:

This irks me. I’ve never said this. I’m merely taking a view on trends and where I see things going.

Some of y’all think the only acts that will go on to headline are those you like. You think that acts derivative of others can’t climb the ladder. When in reality, acts that make a career pulling some previous influences are way more likely to become headlining acts than the OG’s. Walking so they could run is a perfect way to phrase it.

Dude, you’ve been on here long enough to know everyone has their opinion. All I said was it’s not dance music in the way I love it. I didn’t say in anyway he shouldn’t be headlining.. At some point  on any various stage  

You do seem very protective of Mr Again, linked in some way? 

Take a chill pill lol 

27 minutes ago, IceCreamVan said:

That's unfair. Interplanetary Criminal is absolutely smashing it at the moment. Playing decent venues and B2Bs with the likes of Skream. Him and Eliza Rose aren't a permanent pairing so in that sense yes it's literally one hit, but it's not like he's been doing nothing since 

Fair enough but neither have nearly the momentum of Fred Again, was more my point.

Rising up lineups isn't solely about having a big hit, you need the proper back catalogue - few DJs get far up the glasto lineup playing other people's stuff really

10 minutes ago, Franky said:

I’ve literally just listened to his first album again as replying on here in case I missed it. There is nothing like this on it. So is he doing a DJ set of other peoples music or his reworked, or will he be playing his own stuff?

Like don’t take it personal dude but he ain’t no Chems, Prod, Fatboy, etc etc 

Listen to Jungle or Rumble, hardly chill out music

A lot of the album stuff is but the random stuff isn't - and thats a lot of his biggest work

4 minutes ago, Franky said:

Dude, you’ve been on here long enough to know everyone has their opinion. All I said was it’s not dance music in the way I love it. I didn’t say in anyway he shouldn’t be headlining.. At some point  on any various stage  

Take a chill pill lol 

Fuck sake 😂 I’m not protective of him or linked - I’m not even a fan of his. I just think it’s a very interesting debate - especially after the Stormzy booking was a massive surprise to most of us. I’m very interested to see where the next booking of that type is going to come from. Glastonbury jumping on a a major up and comer and growing the festival further (which they always do). I feel like Fred is the only candidate right now that fits that mould.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Franky said:

Take a chill pill lol 

Matt is protective of all new artists that start blowing up. He puts blinders on and think that people saying that he might not headline as a personal attack on the artist and the industry.

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

This irks me. I’ve never said this. I’m merely taking a view on trends and where I see things going.

Some of y’all think the only acts that will go on to headline are those you like. You think that acts derivative of others can’t climb the ladder. When in reality, acts that make a career pulling some previous influences are way more likely to become headlining acts than the OG’s. Walking so they could run is a perfect way to phrase it.

I love Fred, after Elton he'll be 2nd on my "must see" list, but I don't think he's got a chance of headlining The Pyramid in the future.

Other headliner will be his ceiling IMO, ditto Bicep. 

4 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Matt is protective of all new artists that start blowing up. He puts blinders on and think that people saying that he might not headline as a personal attack on the artist and the industry.

No idea how I can be protective over an act I don’t even like that much? I don’t need a vested interest in thinking an act will become a headliner and challenging others who disagree?

30 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Fuck sake 😂 I’m not protective of him or linked - I’m not even a fan of his. I just think it’s a very interesting debate - especially after the Stormzy booking was a massive surprise to most of us. I’m very interested to see where the next booking of that type is going to come from. Glastonbury jumping on a a major up and comer and growing the festival further (which they always do). I feel like Fred is the only candidate right now that fits that mould.

Well that’s cool enough lol kinda shoulda worded it that way in the first place lol 

All good dude. 

50 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Suprefan? What have you done with Matt?

• Thanks 1

Will be interesting to see where he ends up, really do hope the production level is upped a bit more than it currently is (not saying I don't like the current one), I just think a few more lights/lasers would do the trick perfectly. 

Absolutely living for the title of this thread too, haha!

6 hours ago, Franky said:

For me this is chill out music, cafe mambo, del mare, sunset vibes.

I actually started with his Boiler Room set, so the albums were surprisingly chilled for me. Which isn't to say I didn't enjoy them - they're great background music I can tune into at any point and enjoy, but they generally don't pull me from the moment and demand my attention. As I've said, when he does manage to do that I enjoy it because it sounds like someone else.

That doesn't sound very complimentary, but I did enjoy all three Actual Life's. That said, the live set linked to above looks pretty poor when thinking about the likes of Bicep or Justice on WH. He'll need to up his game considerably to compare well.

8 hours ago, kalifire said:

Can definitely picture @Gnomicide in the front row for that one.

Are there two of him? Os that were the Again bit comes from?

6 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

His first "taps aff" moment of Glasto 23, soon followed by the moment the drums kick in on Welcome to the Jungle

No-one should be subject to that.

9 hours ago, kalifire said:

I actually started with his Boiler Room set, so the albums were surprisingly chilled for me. Which isn't to say I didn't enjoy them - they're great background music I can tune into at any point and enjoy, but they generally don't pull me from the moment and demand my attention. As I've said, when he does manage to do that I enjoy it because it sounds like someone else.

That doesn't sound very complimentary, but I did enjoy all three Actual Life's. That said, the live set linked to above looks pretty poor when thinking about the likes of Bicep or Justice on WH. He'll need to up his game considerably to compare well.

Agreed my friend. Good to see you still here if I remember correctly you’re the dude that travels from Aus yeah? 

have a good one. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Dazmandingo96 said:

Calvin Harris has more crossover hits then Fred repeated has eaten hot dinners. He's never got near el pointo. granted he's headlined others. but that's freds yard stick. no chance he's headlining. matt on the hype train again 

Calvin Harris is a different type of act, until he wanted tickets for his mates he wasn't even on their radar i think

21 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

So where's his Firestarter / Hey Boy Hey Girl / Open Up / Born Slippy / Chime?

21 hours ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Marea is a pretty big crossover hit.

Marea kinda reminds me of bicep for some reason. It's great but not my favourite. He has so many good songs, some of my faves are Clara (the night is dark) Turn on The Lights Again and Jungle. 

I think the only clash that would get me thinking is Elton. All of the other main rumours would see me choosing Fred. 

Edited by Alvoram