Self Confirms 2023

Gnomicide

1 hour ago, Olshansky said:

you didnt hear it from me 

but Lisa O'Neill for the acoustic stage on friday and Glen Hansard for the acoustic stage on Saturday 

Any idea if Glen is bringing the lads with him? I mean, they're playing together a couple weeks before in Belfast..

12 minutes ago, incident said:

Any idea if Glen is bringing the lads with him? I mean, they're playing together a couple weeks before in Belfast..

yes, he will be with band 

edit: i dont think this is a Frames show though, I think it's just Glen with band. 

Edited by Olshansky
more info

2 hours ago, Olshansky said:

but Lisa O'Neill for the acoustic stage on friday and Glen Hansard for the acoustic stage on Saturday 

I was at Lisa's album release show in Whelans in February.  Sooooo good!  Hope she can bring the full band to Glastonbury.

14 hours ago, Olshansky said:

Fantastic! Her last 2 albums are stunning. She’s a top priority for me. Her music takes a while to get into but it’s well worth the time.

On 4/29/2023 at 6:04 PM, Breeze said:

Also does Otway still play the cabaret stage?! 

He hasn't done for a few years, sadly, but there is a bit of a gap in his 50 Years of Otway & Barrett Tour that would make it possible..... Should have asked him at the gig in Newport last month, he was on very fine form with Willy, who is very local to the fest....  it could happen!

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Aeroplane Over the Sea said:

If he’s there anyway, do we think Swell Season could be in play? Touring just after Glastonbury

i regret not asking - but, based on the conversation I had, marketa wasn't mentioned so I would guess not.

On 4/30/2023 at 5:47 PM, Avalon_Fields said:

Fantastic! Her last 2 albums are stunning. She’s a top priority for me. Her music takes a while to get into but it’s well worth the time.

Never even heard of Lisa before, so chucked on her album and Old Note stopped me in my tracks. Absolutely beautiful.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Not sure if it's been confirmed elsewhere but just met kae tempest and they are playing on west holts with the speaker quartet.

Unfortunately it sounds like that will be the only performance they will be doing that weekend but at least they will be on the farm

7 hours ago, BambooShanks said:

Not sure if it's been confirmed elsewhere but just met kae tempest and they are playing on west holts with the speaker quartet.

Unfortunately it sounds like that will be the only performance they will be doing that weekend but at least they will be on the farm

I'd be surprised if this was the case. It's possible they were aware that was the only appearance that had been officially announced, and had been asked not to leak any others. That might just be wishful thinking on my part though.

3 hours ago, FrankieX said:

I'd be surprised if this was the case. It's possible they were aware that was the only appearance that had been officially announced, and had been asked not to leak any others. That might just be wishful thinking on my part though.

It's certainly a possibility and there's always a chance they'll be asked to do another appearance elsewhere but more likely to be a spoken word set rather than their musical one