Self Confirms 2023

Gnomicide

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

Saw this earlier, sounds more like punters to me tbh

If anywhere yes - were booked for it last year but got covid

Disagree, that is as good as a confirmation in my opinion, we were all expecting them back given they missed it last year due to covid, so fully expect them back on the spider this year 

9 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

Disagree, that is as good as a confirmation in my opinion, we were all expecting them back given they missed it last year due to covid, so fully expect them back on the spider this year 

Agree. Nailed on DJ set from that.

12 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Agree. Nailed on DJ set from that.

Both pleased and dissapointed at the same time.

Am a big fan, but so are 1000's of others, would much prefer to see them on a big stage, Arcadia will be rammed and frankly that venue doesn't work unless you can get right in between the speakers.

33 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

Happy to be wrong they are my favourite act. keeping expectations low after last year which wrote off a lot of friday for me

They said no more DJ sets for a while and have no others planned, generally they only seem to do them to test new material - makes sense to me they are leaving it ahead of coming back to do the live show next year with the new album (new material will all be recorded etc by then based on the album release date). If they do this year it would be their fourth year in a row being on the poster

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

Happy to be wrong they are my favourite act. keeping expectations low after last year which wrote off a lot of friday for me

They said no more DJ sets for a while and have no others planned, generally they only seem to do them to test new material - makes sense to me they are leaving it ahead of coming back to do the live show next year with the new album (new material will all be recorded etc by then based on the album release date). If they do this year it would be their fourth year in a row being on the poster

Eh, last year didn’t actually happen so they make feel like they owe it to the festival, and their DJ sets usually feature very little of their own music so it’s not like people are hearing those big well known tunes year on year. Can very much see them DJing this year and then back for their regular slot next year as they’re two completely different shows. 

It seems pretty certain they’ll play. They left cancelling to the last minute last year so it’s something they’re keen to do. Arcadia were very happy to have booked them too so can’t see they’ll suddenly play elsewhere now.

Edited by t0paz
Typo

47 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Both pleased and dissapointed at the same time.

Am a big fan, but so are 1000's of others, would much prefer to see them on a big stage, Arcadia will be rammed and frankly that venue doesn't work unless you can get right in between the speakers.

Me too. I'd much rather see them headlining the Other come Friday night. Not gonna happen, but I doubt I'm gonna go see them on Arcadia.

35 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Ah I hope it’s daytime somewhere but maybe … could they be a croissant Neuf act maybe ? 

I expect a couple of appearances.  I am always appreciative of a Venutian Apocalypse update.

11 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Truth Stage 3am is about it IMO

I think I saw them in the Rabbit Hole around 1am on the Thursday in 2019. I say 1am but I have no idea on the time. It was wonderfully perfectly weird for my headspace at that time

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rwoo said:

I think I saw them in the Rabbit Hole around 1am on the Thursday in 2019. I say 1am but I have no idea on the time. It was wonderfully perfectly weird for my headspace at that time

I was at that too, it was the first time I had come across them so it was a rather strange experience!

• Like 1

What a typical pyramid booking. Something so middle of the road that nobody really asked for in particular but will keep a few happy and the casuals get a sing along or 2. Each to their own but thats a ridiculous waste of a slot if you ask me. They’ve been treated well as theyre playing the abbey thing too arent they?

Edited by Memory Man
  • Upvote 1