Self Confirms 2023

Gnomicide

7 minutes ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

I used to be an absolutely massive fan of Blondie in their heyday. 

Now they're like the expectation of a perfect avocado that turns out to been left for too long. 

If you read back to lmreviews from when they were in their heyday it seems like they've never really cut it as a live act.

The Arctic Monkeys of Morrisseys.

11 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I've said before, I feel like they've painted themselves into a corner with this teatime slot, setting some precedents, particularly over the past few years with more colourful, anthemic, upbeat pop acts. There's maybe an expectation now that the slot will be filled with acts that encourage flash mobs and fancy dress. From what I've heard, we won't be getting that this year. And that will disappoint those who have become accustomed to this slot being a fun beginning to the closing out of the weekend

What have you heard? Rod easily fits the bill.

21 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I've said before, I feel like they've painted themselves into a corner with this teatime slot, setting some precedents, particularly over the past few years with more colourful, anthemic, upbeat pop acts. There's maybe an expectation now that the slot will be filled with acts that encourage flash mobs and fancy dress. From what I've heard, we won't be getting that this year. And that will disappoint those who have become accustomed to this slot being a fun beginning to the closing out of the weekend

Agreed, but at the same time a Ray Davies style set in the sun is a lovely way to spend a sunny afternoon. Would rather that than shoehorning some crap like S Club 7 into the slot because it has to be some flash mob worthy act. 

That being said, am sure the time will come for Spice Girls and the like to make their mark again.

37 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I agree, there are only so many acts who fit that bill.

I'd love it to be Blondie as they have the tunes for sure. Wasn't bowled over by the 2014 performance but it was early in the day and I was likely hungover - can't remember it very well tbh.

Mid afternoon Pyramid in the sun would be great.

For me a much better legend than Rod. If it's less busy all the better. But I can see why it wouldn't be them given they've done a different slot quite recently.

16 hours ago, dreams_burn_down said:

Woo hoo, happy about Blondie 😁 I know they have a patchy live reputation, but I've never seen them before.

Fair to assume they wouldn't be tossing this out on a random radio show if they were the Legend?

Patchy? Saw them 10 years ago and Debbie already totally lost her voice.

What's with Glastonbury and booking really bad vocalists this year. 

12 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Glen Matlock responding he'll be with them. He played on their recent album.

Screenshot_20230216_214616_Twitter.thumb.jpg.63fe33202300c7626fe02b0eecf89b7e.jpg

This is like a new tactic of baiting self confirms. Tell a guitarist whos active on twitter that the lead singer self confirmed and see what happens

1 hour ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

I used to be an absolutely massive fan of Blondie in their heyday. 

Now they're like the expectation of a perfect avocado that turns out to been left for too long. 

Agree also, the 2014 set was disappointing imo. I hate to say it but Rod is a better “legend” for what that slot requires. 

1 hour ago, kingbadger said:

Agreed, but at the same time a Ray Davies style set in the sun is a lovely way to spend a sunny afternoon. Would rather that than shoehorning some crap like S Club 7 into the slot because it has to be some flash mob worthy act. 

That being said, am sure the time will come for Spice Girls and the like to make their mark again.

That was 13 years ago. I agree with you, but that's not what the slot has become in recent years

15 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

That was 13 years ago. I agree with you, but that's not what the slot has become in recent years

Yes but I'll take the booking of a Ray Davies style legend over a pound-shop pop act all day long is what I'm saying. Even if that flies in the face of what's come before - being a legend should still be the prerequisite mandate. 

4 minutes ago, stuie said:

Rod has more known songs to sing along with than Roxy. Fact.

Rod is dull as fuck, a fact he proved last time at glastonbury, there's a reason why hes not been booked again.

Edited by Neil

Just now, Neil said:

Rod is dull as fuck, a fact he proved last time at glastonbury, there's a reason why hes not been booked again.

and last time he played his manager was logging on here randomly  to say how great he is, is that you? lol