Glasto 2023 Solo Attendee

Tommy0

Hi all

Due to some unfortunate circumstances I can't attend with my ticket group at Glastonbury this year and am wondering if anyone has found themselves in a similar situation or knows of any groups or pages where people can find eachother? I'm 28, work in Cardiff as a doctor, am sporty and easy going!

Any help much appreciated! 

• Like 2

There's been quite a few solo groups set up via these forums over the years, I was in one in 2014 and quite a few of us still camp together.

I'd say just keep using the forums and closer to the festival, if someone else hasn't posted about getting a group together, have a go at it yourself.

• Like 2

Or just do it solo! Chat to your neighbours when you or they arrive, and pretend to be more extroverted than you are for a few days. You’ll find most people are lovely and receptive. I’ve been rewarded with great conversations and companionship just by putting myself out of my comfort zone.

Everyone is there just to have a good time. It’s an incredibly friendly place but sometimes you need to test it to find out. 

34 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Maybe think of the positives.

Not having to hang around waiting for people, no discusing where to go or what to see.

No being "made" to watch an act you're not in to.

Moving about is much quicker.

You might end up taking to me.

Hey look at you who's come back in 2023 as a ray of sunshine 🌞

7 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

I've been going on my own for years now. It's fine; don't miss the arguments about 'who we're gonna see'.

you seemed to bump into me a few times last year 🙂 .... was mostly wandering on my own ... think i saw all the headiners on my own last time . is fine 🙂 

Over the years I've realised I really prefer to be mostly alone, base camp for the group so occasionally see each other, or if I go off with group can easily drift away if I want. Some people need other people. I don't

One thing I will never do again is spend 5 days in the company of 1 other person I only saw once a year 

• 1 month later...
On 1/3/2023 at 2:34 PM, Tommy0 said:

Hi all

Due to some unfortunate circumstances I can't attend with my ticket group at Glastonbury this year and am wondering if anyone has found themselves in a similar situation or knows of any groups or pages where people can find eachother? I'm 28, work in Cardiff as a doctor, am sporty and easy going!

Im going alone this year too. 

Coming from London, but would be great to have a others to say hi to and grab a set or a couple of drinks with 👍🏻

Still to work out if I’m going via motor home or camping. Unsure if the ex is using the motor home ticket and will know more in a couple of weeks to look at camping spots. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/3/2023 at 2:34 PM, Tommy0 said:

Hi all

I will buy u a cider pal 😉 

I’m solo for parts this year, as I’m a similar situation, can’t fucking wait tho!!!

You lucky Bxxxxxd!

I’ve been wanting to go solo for a while but never had the chance due to family etc

Cant wait to go solo, 5 days of going where I want, when I want with no one else to look after/consider.

• Upvote 3

It’s the absolute best thing to go solo, and also know a few people to meet up with and have a few drinks/walk around with before the music starts.
Now I don’t know if this is searingly mercenary or owt, Imbut I tend to drop my friends from Friday onwards and operate on my own schedule 🤣 might meet up for a band, or maybe at a particular performance, but I’m 90% on my own and it’s absolutely brilliant. I went with my then girlfriend the first few times I went and we were very happy to split and see what we wanted to, after the debacle that involved me seeing Clean Bandit . . . After that, I swore I wouldn’t sit through anything shit just to be polite, cos I’d have had a much better time just outside the tent having a nice beer or a mooch around a stall, or perhaps some halloumi fries. Basically, don’t do crap things when there’s an ocean of brilliant things in every direction! 

I'm going fully solo for the second time this year - I usually spend the whole weekend on my own too really as the mates I usually go with just get mashed and go to the dance bits. But always nice to have a bit of time chilling at campsite before the days start! 

I'll be going solo this year. My group that normally goes has fallen apart over the years and the last few of us aren't going due to price increase. Not looking for a massive hang out/loads of us going to see the bands, just a place where I know people will be that I can chat about my day/head out in the evening. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I like going solo for reasons mentioned by others.  You can do what you want, not being made to see an act you're not into, no waiting around, you move faster etc.  There is a crowd called 'Camp Solo' though, and I know many people like camping with them.  Someone else may have a link?

I've gone solo four out of six times, and will be again this year. I love it and have made so many great discoveries through having no-one to please but myself - but I miss being able to chat about the day's events back at camp. I'd love to meet up with anyone else going solo! Not 100% sure where I'll be camping, but I'm thinking about Bushy.

• Like 1