2023 ticket competitions

Leyrulion

15 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

These must be the non ticket winning bars now 🙂 

1 hour ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Has there been any social media posts about anyone actually winning the golden ticket yet? I don’t know why I’m so invested in this because I’ve already got a ticket but I’m really excited 😆 

I’m always so cynical about these sorts of things, I can just imagine them all being backdoored to friends or family of someone high up at the chocolate company! 

6 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

well if you've already got type 1 .... the conversion is decent . 🙂 

Snap. Bought 2 bars earlier on from the book shop in Balham, there was only 4 left from the whole box but didn't want to be too greedy and was already gutted about paying £4 each for an inevitable loss (glad it's for charity!) - the chocolate looks quite good though so will enjoy tasting that when I'm battling a hypo and try to ram it down my throat to feel better.

Edit - I didn't win anything if anyone was wondering.

Edited by Joey01

11 hours ago, jonnyisRFC said:

I’m always so cynical about these sorts of things, I can just imagine them all being backdoored to friends or family of someone high up at the chocolate company! 

This is my worry too.

Last night Tony's posted on Twitter saying all of the winning tickets were circulating and none had been claimed. 

I've purchased 12 bars now and no luck. It's a lot of money to spend on chocolate 😞

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

well if you've already got type 1 .... the conversion is decent . 🙂 

as a type 1 myself, i usually try to avoid chocolate, but decided to buy one on my way home from work yesterday (the Oxfam on Oxford Road in Manchester had plenty of bars left if anyone is in the area), unfortunately no golden ticket but may pop in again to buy another one later on today, just get the 1 bar at a time, surely they need to put a limit on them to stop people just buying up the whole stock.

I'm not a fan of the salted chocolate though, I'll be giving the chocolate bars away to other people once I've checked for a golden ticket first of course

1 minute ago, prestonmike said:

as a type 1 myself, i usually try to avoid chocolate, but decided to buy one on my way home from work yesterday (the Oxfam on Oxford Road in Manchester had plenty of bars left if anyone is in the area), unfortunately no golden ticket but may pop in again to buy another one later on today, just get the 1 bar at a time, surely they need to put a limit on them to stop people just buying up the whole stock.

I'm not a fan of the salted chocolate though, I'll be giving the chocolate bars away to other people once I've checked for a golden ticket first of course

as long as the insulin given matches the chocolate its all fine ( i dont eat it as standard either ) . Just not ideal for weight loss . I wonder if the ticket / QR code is inside the paper or inside the foil inner 

There was a full box in my local today. The woman said no one in our area was interested. She put me off really so I only bought one. Bought four yesterday in a proper branch. I know ive asked before but where would the ticket be? Inside the first wrapper or in the foil? Is it separate or printed on somewhere?

1 minute ago, angelin said:

There was a full box in my local today. The woman said no one in our area was interested. She put me off really so I only bought one. Bought four yesterday in a proper branch. I know ive asked before but where would the ticket be? Inside the first wrapper or in the foil? Is it separate or printed on somewhere?

not found this answer anywhere ... but its a QR code 

5 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

I think you've missed the humour in the message comparing myself to a 10 year old boy who's pocket money won't stretch to buying a bar of chocolate to win tickets.

I did indeed, I'm afraid some of the posts I just take at face value 😉

13 hours ago, angelin said:

I contacted Tony's to ask this, they replied and said that it will be inside the first paper wrapper, not inside the foil. 
There are promotional 25,000 bars being produced, although not all stocks released at once so possibly there isn't all 5 tickets out there at the moment. 

13 hours ago, angelin said:

It's in the T's and C's... 

https://tonyschocolonely.com/uk/en/glastonbury

2 hours ago, Phoenix Girl said:

I can’t believe they haven’t sold out tbh and I also can’t believe we’ve not heard of someone winning a ticket yet (although I expect there could be people holding onto the tickets before registering them until after the resale?) 

To be fair I ordered 4 last week and they still haven't arrived so some people might still be waiting!
Hope they're wrapped properly, don't want the postman nabbing a winning QR code.