2023 ticket competitions

Leyrulion

16 hours ago, incident said:

I'd rather that they just did a more equitable version - but in all honesty I was far more offended by the EE atrocity last year where you had to do some debasing shit via TikTok and then convince people to like it. Though it did finally answer the question "What would you do for Glastonbury tickets?" - not fucking that.

Thing is though there were 5 pairs of tickets and only about 7 people got enough likes to be eligible on their tiktok. Had i not got tickets already i'd have been first in line to save £600 making a silly tiktok, little bit of effort and it would be an easy win!

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Thing is though there were 5 pairs of tickets and only about 7 people got enough likes to be eligible on their tiktok. Had i not got tickets already i'd have been first in line to save £600 making a silly tiktok, little bit of effort and it would be an easy win!

Can you recall (even roughly) how many votes were needed to be eligible? 

56 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Really stupid cheese competition question incoming...

I'm assuming once you've entered with the picture of the code - you don't need to keep hold of the packaging? Could do without that stinking out the gaff 😁

I don't believe so.  The picture should be enough.

Are we still in the position where we hardly know of any winners through the cheese comp?

27 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

2 or 3 I think … @Gnomicide had one on twitter I think 

Yep, definitely one. Long time Thingy follower who had missed out on tickets but won a pair through the cheese thing, I was made up for them.

You could probably write and ask for a list of winners from last year, I believe they have to make that available or publish them somewhere? 

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

Yep, definitely one. Long time Thingy follower who had missed out on tickets but won a pair through the cheese thing, I was made up for them.

You could probably write and ask for a list of winners from last year, I believe they have to make that available or publish them somewhere? 

Yep was in terms and conditions definately but I think available for a month or so after the final draw last year , I forgot unfortunately. 

14 minutes ago, Dazmandingo96 said:

i had a friend who goes with our group most years who missed out last year.

he won a pair of tickets through a carlsberg competition. might be useful this year for someone

Nice. Not sure if they're running one this year, not seen anything yet anyway

13 hours ago, oldbird said:

I won through the WF cheese, only bought one block!

That's great to know!  Thank you (obviously very jealous as have had many more blocks than that)

Edited by Greenelk

18 hours ago, mufcok said:

Nice. Not sure if they're running one this year, not seen anything yet anyway

the competition did start closer to the resale if i do remember. im sure he was unsuccessful in the resale and managed to nap a set from a carlsberg multipack from a co op store in liverpool around april time

27 minutes ago, Dazmandingo96 said:

the competition did start closer to the resale if i do remember. im sure he was unsuccessful in the resale and managed to nap a set from a carlsberg multipack from a co op store in liverpool around april time

That's amazing

44 minutes ago, Dazmandingo96 said:

So not only do people from Liverpool get the most tickets on ticket-day they win the bloody competitions as well!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

not a ticket comp but a Glastonbury painting competition .... for a great cause too 

WIN THIS PAINTING
On the 24th Feb 2022 as we were setting out the Bath Art Fair war broke out in Ukraine.
We know this had a profound impact on our artists and visitors to the fair and a year on the war is still raging.
Our thoughts turned to all the innocent families displaced not just from Ukraine but refugees around the world who found themselves homeless.
So this year we decided to raise some much needed funds for our local charity Bath Welcomes Refugees
Well known for her fabulous original paintings capturing Glastonbury Festivals award winning artist Alce Harfield (who organises the fair) has painted this brand new original of last years festival.
Entitled simply and poignantly 'Home' it is has been donated to raise funds.
You can win this original painting (which is 30x30" painted in acrylics and alcohol inks on wooded panel and UV varnished) for £5.00 by entering our raffle (Closing date is 31st March) and the painting will be displayed at this year fair.

7D078223-CFAC-4778-995C-793214F4F814.jpeg

Edited by Crazyfool01