2023 line up thread

Guy Incognito

On 3/31/2023 at 6:21 PM, noisenoiseandmorenoise said:

I don't mean this disparagingly (well okay maybe a bit) but it is perfect music for those who want to sit on the grass and talk to friends, not really listening to the music.

Honest to god, always enjoy this forum and getting hyped about the festival, but some of the fart sniffing that goes on about how incredible one's subjective experience of music is makes it a hard read at times

Edited by robith
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, robith said:

Honest to god, always enjoy this forum and getting hyped about the festival, but some of the fart sniffing that goes on about how incredible one's subjective experience of music is makes it a hard read at times

There is a lot going on in your imagination to get from what I said to where you ended up.

19 minutes ago, noisenoiseandmorenoise said:

There is a lot going on in your imagination to get from what I said to where you ended up.

I would counter that of all the critiques you could choose of said band, you choosing "they're music for posers who don't care about music" is a fairly childish one, and indicative of a reductive and infantile elitism that permeates this board. Just my humble opinion.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, robith said:

I would counter that of all the critiques you could choose of said band, you choosing "they're music for posers who don't care about music" is a fairly childish one, and indicative of a reductive and infantile elitism that permeates this board. Just my humble opinion.

I think you are performing some mental gymnastics here. I don't mind their music though find it rather background-y. Thus my response explaining why I think it may appeal to a certain type of festival goer. Nothing to do with posers who don't care about the music.

1 hour ago, noisenoiseandmorenoise said:

I think you are performing some mental gymnastics here. I don't mind their music though find it rather background-y. Thus my response explaining why I think it may appeal to a certain type of festival goer. Nothing to do with posers who don't care about the music.

Tbf I kinda took it that way too. Perhaps it was unintentional?

41 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I took it as "music for complete c**ts....fuck you" but maybe I read it wrong.

No that's what I think of <insert your favourite band here> 😜

Okay then apologies all, if the consensus is that I came across as an elitist arsehole then it is clearly my wording. For the record, I probably am an elitist arsehole but that was not my intent here.

Let's all get back to talking about Moin.

Edited by noisenoiseandmorenoise

3 hours ago, noisenoiseandmorenoise said:

I took it the way I think you meant it, that it's quiet music likely to be talked over by the garden-dwellers. But my experience of this forum is that if you say anything remotely controversial there's always someone ready to translate it into whatever they think you meant and throw it back at you as if you said something completely different. Careful, now.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Thruxton Appleby said:

I took it the way I think you meant it, that it's quiet music likely to be talked over by the garden-dwellers. But my experience of this forum is that if you say anything remotely controversial there's always someone ready to translate it into whatever they think you meant and throw it back at you as if you said something completely different. Careful, now.

What did you call me?

8 hours ago, moonage505 said:

Had my fingers crossed for boygenius at GM or EOTR. Shucks, I’m all outta luck…

Me too. I can’t get to any of their other gigs either…shame. Unless they rock up at Glasto but I can’t see that. 

On 4/3/2023 at 6:04 PM, Thruxton Appleby said:

Wow, you got criticised for saying there were too many women playing like 5 years ago and are still going on about it. Could we get a prescription of copium over here, stat

5 hours ago, paulwa said:

"Jangly indie-rock", "psychedelic wonderland", and "Motorik punkers" are right up my street. Will be checking them out.

Beige Banquet are a good watch live. I've not heard of the other 2 so will be checking them out.

• Thanks 1

On 4/6/2023 at 3:04 PM, robith said:

Wow, you got criticised for saying there were too many women playing like 5 years ago and are still going on about it. Could we get a prescription of copium over here, stat

...proving my point perfectly. You don't get criticised for what you say, you get criticised for what some people choose to believe you said.