2023 New Music

FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

What surprised me is that Free As A Bird came out at a point when they seed more culturally omnipresent (after Britpop) and even that didn't get to number one.

Wonder if the whole AI thing has driven up listens. It certainly made for a more interesting story than just ‘here’s some song we found’, even if it’s had its detractors.

I haven't posted here in ages, but after attending Glastonbury 2022 and having the time of my life, I thought it might be worth sharing this.

I've just put out a 20 minute indie rock EP that's also a horror-comedy short film! I was incredibly lucky to show it at some film festivals in Canada this year. Applied to a few in the UK, but had no takers unfortunately lol. If you take the time to check it out, thanks so much and I hope you enjoy!

Really hoping to get back to the farm one day!

On 11/10/2023 at 11:10 PM, Punksnotdead said:

Just bathing in the beauty of the new Beirut album today. Absolutely gorgeous!

Been listening tonight, nothing ground break but, as you say, absolutely gorgeous. 

Others I have been listening to

Prince Fatty v The Gorgon- dubtastic stuff

Penguin cafe, Rain Before Seven - cracking album can't wait to see them live

Sevdaliza new tune is fantastic,  I assume an Album on the way and I am here for it

Andre 3000 has announced his first solo album and first recorded album in 17 years out on Friday and it’s an album almost entirely of flutes and this is the tracklist:

1. I swear, I Really Wanted To Make A "Rap" Album But This Is Literally The Way The Wind Blew Me This Time 
  2. The Slang Word P(*)ssy Rolls Off The Tongue With Far Better Ease Than The Proper Word Vagina . Do You Agree? 
  3. That Night In Hawaii When I Turned Into A Panther And Started Making These Low Register Purring Tones That I Couldn't Control ... Sh¥t Was Wild 
  4. BuyPoloDisorder's Daughter Wears A 3000™ Button Down Embroidered 
  5. Ninety Three 'Til Infinity And Beyoncé 
  6. Ghandi, Dalai Lama, Your Lord & Savior J.C. / Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, And John Wayne Gacy 
  7. Ants To You, Gods To Who ? 
  8. Dreams Once Buried Beneath The Dungeon Floor Slowly Sprout Into Undying Gardens

1 hour ago, FloopFiller said:

Andre 3000 has announced his first solo album and first recorded album in 17 years out on Friday and it’s an album almost entirely of flutes and this is the tracklist:

1. I swear, I Really Wanted To Make A "Rap" Album But This Is Literally The Way The Wind Blew Me This Time 
  2. The Slang Word P(*)ssy Rolls Off The Tongue With Far Better Ease Than The Proper Word Vagina . Do You Agree? 
  3. That Night In Hawaii When I Turned Into A Panther And Started Making These Low Register Purring Tones That I Couldn't Control ... Sh¥t Was Wild 
  4. BuyPoloDisorder's Daughter Wears A 3000™ Button Down Embroidered 
  5. Ninety Three 'Til Infinity And Beyoncé 
  6. Ghandi, Dalai Lama, Your Lord & Savior J.C. / Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, And John Wayne Gacy 
  7. Ants To You, Gods To Who ? 
  8. Dreams Once Buried Beneath The Dungeon Floor Slowly Sprout Into Undying Gardens

he doesn’t seem to be the joking type so I guess this is gonna be it.

f**ker has consistently nailed practically each feature he’s done since he left outkast. I gave up on a solo album years ago, now he trolls us with a load of flutes?

24 minutes ago, The Nal said:

He's churning out albums at a ridiculous rate. Mainly retreads of course. Have to say I consider the - at last released - Chrome Dreams earlier in the year right up there with the best.