What would your job at Glastonbury be?

moogster

I reckon I could probably do a good job of managing the trader applications, selecting the food outlets, and sourcing beer suppliers, given my business. 

We'd certainly have a better range of beer than what they currently give us. Although I do wonder just how big the financial rewards for dealing with Carlsberg are to GFL. 

19 hours ago, incident said:

I've got a rough list of ways that I would try to get into the Festival if I ever needed to. Most of them take advantage of the above. One that I probably wouldn't try myself but I'm not certain doesn't already happen is to turn up at Blue Gate in an unusual vehicle without any credentials or documentation whatsoever, and just keep repeating the phrase "But Haggis said it'd be ok", while the gate staff try and fail to radio through to T&C production to confirm, and eventually give up and let you drive onto the site.

Man, the amount of times I have heard that phrase. Sometimes he does Rock up and says it is ok. 

4 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

In 15 Glastonbury’s I could count on 1 hand the number of dickheads I’ve had conversations with …. On a night out in Town I’d be up to that number in 5 mins 

My number is probably slightly higher than that, but I do steward though. Even with that it's still astonishingly low. I'll deal with more dickheads on my first shift back at my actual job than I have the whole week at the festival

40 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

My number is probably slightly higher than that, but I do steward though. Even with that it's still astonishingly low. I'll deal with more dickheads on my first shift back at my actual job than I have the whole week at the festival

I was thinking the other day I’ve not ever come across any fights either … the odd domestic incident , which is pretty remarkable considering the substance / alcohol consumption and the amount of time there … ah yeah and then there’s work with the public outside 😂

• 4 months later...

Missed this one first time round.. 

I work with maps and spatial data for my day job so would happily take on the Glastonbury map updates.   I also do mapping for emergency planning so could work on the major incident plans too. 

5 minutes ago, Pipine said:

I work with maps and spatial data for my day job so would happily take on the Glastonbury map updates.   I also do mapping for emergency planning so could work on the major incident plans too. 

We must work for similar organisations? Are you involved with flooding and coastal erosion perhaps?

6 hours ago, Jay Pee said:

We must work for similar organisations? Are you involved with flooding and coastal erosion perhaps?

I manage GIS in local government. I do flood maps but nothing coastal.  

I found the detailed glasto site maps they’d printed and put up in the green fields last year and had a proper map geek out with another guy who was passing and also worked in GIS.. they were beautiful maps. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/8/2023 at 1:31 PM, Pipine said:

I’ve recently retrained and am now doing LVAs/Landsacpe plans & some GIS - whereabouts where the maps? Just been looking at the recent planning application for the Pyramid & Storage barn! So that and work on Biodiversity Net Gain would be good! But love my volunteer role - so happy with that! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Another eforum account said:

whereabouts where the maps?

Just alongside some stalls in the main drag up through the green fields, stuck to a bit of heras fence I think? A0 print with lots of detail.. it was fascinating!  Would love the raw data to play around with .. 

Edited by Pipine
  • Like 1