Stadium Ticket Pricing

stanh

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

I think at this stage it's almost on fans to stop paying this money if we don't want to be ripped off. There's a lot of artists I'd like to see but I'd have to win the lottery to justify the prices they charge. I'm resigned at the moment that my days or arena and stadium gigs are probably just over. 

I'd maybe try and pay base price for some of them but this surge pricing can get in the bin as far as I am concerned. 

That 5000$ ticket is obviously ridiculous but you'll never be able to stop stadiums rising to like £150-200 for standing for big acts that are rarities i think, with rarities especially there is that FOMO

3 hours ago, Quark said:

So long as you've got just enough people willing and able to pay the stupid money, it'll keep going.  If you're selling 100,000 tickets and 100,001 can afford and will pay it, you've sold out.  Fuck the rest.

Yep I think though these sort of prices will start to impact the resale market and I hope eventually if people buy 1 or 2 big ticket priced gigs that they end up not being able to go to and have to sell them at a big loss it will make people more cautious about buying them in the first place. 

2 hours ago, gfa said:

That 5000$ ticket is obviously ridiculous but you'll never be able to stop stadiums rising to like £150-200 for standing for big acts that are rarities i think, with rarities especially there is that FOMO

I kind of understand it when there are big shows being put on and dancers, musicians set producers etc to be paid. I do believe everyone involved in putting on a show should be paid fairly but I also believe you know how much it takes to bring your show to the market for everyone to be paid and they should be sold for that price in a transparent way. I no longer want to participate in the whole capitalism running rampant thing that is going on. 

The one thing about market forces and the way they work is supply and demand and I think if people stop buying things when they do the surge pricing then it would stop it. 

Was quite glad to see a lot of Bruce Springsteen fans agree with me. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Yeah, I love Springsteen, but this tour has been a fiasco.

This said, lucky if you live in a smaller market. Pickups on the day with Platinum in America have been as cheap as $25 in less crowded cities.

You would be surprised how cheap resale can get in LA. Got a ticket last year that shouldve been $100 for $12 day of. Different kinds of oversaturation

4 hours ago, gigpusher said:

I kind of understand it when there are big shows being put on and dancers, musicians set producers etc to be paid. I do believe everyone involved in putting on a show should be paid fairly but I also believe you know how much it takes to bring your show to the market for everyone to be paid and they should be sold for that price in a transparent way. I no longer want to participate in the whole capitalism running rampant thing that is going on. 

The one thing about market forces and the way they work is supply and demand and I think if people stop buying things when they do the surge pricing then it would stop it. 

Was quite glad to see a lot of Bruce Springsteen fans agree with me. 

That springsteen thing was pretty unprecedented yep! older audience with more disposable income too (although i think younger people are more willing to chuck £100s at harry styles or someone on viagogo after getting unlucky)

Keeping an eye on Twickets for Springsteen in the UK. Was meant to be out of the country for all four UK shows, but now here, so makes sense to catch rather than sticking with the tickets I've got for Monza. (Short-haul flights for the latter to Italy are through the roof, probably because it is the first week of the school holidays.)

Mind you, he's got supports in Italy, an unusual one for his shows. Sam Fender is in Rome and Tash Sultana is in Monza, I do believe.

52 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Keeping an eye on Twickets for Springsteen in the UK. Was meant to be out of the country for all four UK shows, but now here, so makes sense to catch rather than sticking with the tickets I've got for Monza. (Short-haul flights for the latter to Italy are through the roof, probably because it is the first week of the school holidays.)

Mind you, he's got supports in Italy, an unusual one for his shows. Sam Fender is in Rome and Tash Sultana is in Monza, I do believe.

There are Springsteen tickets for UK, Europe and US dates now appearing on Twickets....couple of Detroit tickets on there today for $130 each...although it does concern me that there appear to be some Platinum Ticketmaster tickets for Villa Park on there at £675 a pop 😮

26 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

There are Springsteen tickets for UK, Europe and US dates now appearing on Twickets....couple of Detroit tickets on there today for $130 each...although it does concern me that there appear to be some Platinum Ticketmaster tickets for Villa Park on there at £675 a pop 😮

Got notified for them a few weeks ago. Not on my nelly.

Nor am I fussed for the £145 ones either. Springsteen is pretty much the only artist I'd break the barrier for, but that's a silly price. Still chewing the cud over The Killers at O2 Academy Sheffield, but was kind of willing to accept those prices because it was an intimate show.

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Elton & Springsteen stadium gigs for me this year. No more, definitely, unless Bowie or Hendrix are resurrected.

Reckon these two may be my last two. Would rather go to 4 small gigs for the same price as one of these.

Depends who you slap on a bill, and I suppose the novelty of what it may be.

They're not a stadium band in the UK, for example, but if someone stuck Iron Maiden in London Stadium with a fine three-artist support bill for £90, I probably would shell out for it.

On 2/14/2023 at 8:11 AM, NorthernSoul52 said:

Ooh is it definitely Sam Fender for Rome. Got tickets for that. €100. Glad I got them before this dynamic pricing came in. 

4 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

There was dynamic pricing for that?!

Monza - possibly because it's all standing - was just one and done.

Not sure if they had dynamic pricing for it I got a presale link. I meant the dynamic pricing for the rest of the tour. Rome is all standing as well

• 2 months later...
On 2/14/2023 at 9:32 AM, Drinky said:

Looking forward to seeing how much U2 are going to charge for their Achtung Baby Vegas Sphere residency

I was going to say that it would be a fuck of a lot, and then I saw the most recent post...

14 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

U2. Doing it for the fans.

F921F320-33D4-4BC0-9AD3-712AB6932503.jpeg

Yikes.

Shame. I think Achtung Baby is U2's best album and would've been more up for a tour of that than Joshua Tree, not least if it also brings some of the show they had on Zoo TV, but at those prices, the fact Las Vegas is a long way to go and the controversy about hiring a fill-in on drums, perhaps not.