Blur

jannybruck

1 hour ago, Al2006 said:

Hey - long story short, I have a spare golden circle ticket for Sat night.

Is anyone after one? Sold one the other day for £135 (i.e. below face value) and happy to sell this other one below as well! If anyone wants it for £110 (similar to normal standing ticket price!) just let me know 🙂 

Dropped to £90 in case anyone is interested

3 hours ago, Toilet Duck said:

Agreed, much better than Kilmainham (can’t believe that was 10 years ago!). Lucked out completely with the weather at recent outdoor gigs, Pulp, DM and Blur all in glorious sunshine. Just need someone else to supply the beer and we’d be sorted (that Island’s Edge stuff is awful). Takes bloody ages to get out of Malahide castle though. I live 10 minutes walk from the stage and I got home quicker from St Annes! 

Yeh was a super atmos. I was there at 4pm and enjoyed every moment. Had a fair few of those dicey lagers.

😎

(The Mrs drove 6 of us back to D12)

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Just me, as a guy who has seen them a dozen times, who didn’t feel it at all then?

And in fairness, given the spout up above about as stadium gig never being the same, they only had an uphill battle for you this evening. 

Incredible show. I have seen Blur 40+ times and up there with one of the best. Whenever Damon is in a talkative / happy / playful mood, the band perform well and he was on top form last night. No messing around, bangers all the way. Crowd were also up for it from where I was located. 

Edited by Dg_vic

9 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Not trying to be a contrarian or anything but it just didn’t work for me tonight.

I wasn't there but I get this.  I've been to many a gig where I've hyped it up in my mind that it's going to be the greatest thing ever, and then for some imperceptible reason it just doesn't measure up.  Could be the venue. could be the set list or the band dynamic on that night but just...something doesn't quite fit.

Congratulations to all those expressing incredulity that you didn't 'get it' last night.  One can only assume that they've only ever experienced 'the best gig ever' for literally everything they've ever attended.

7 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Probably expected Damon to sing right on his lap cause of the high ticket price.

Loads of mates went, a few of em flew over for the gig and loved it. 

Some guy shares he didn't have a great night at a band he loves and you can only throw jibes at him?

Nice.  Thanks for the input.

11 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Some guy shares he didn't have a great night at a band he loves and you can only throw jibes at him?

Nice.  Thanks for the input.

Ah it’s fine, I’m big and ugly enough to take a bit of Suprefan snark. The way some were carrying on you’d think I’d shagged their mums rather than just not feeling a gig.

Just wasn’t feeling it last night at all, it all felt strangely flat to me. I’m not sure the stadium setting suited them, it didn’t feel full, the atmosphere was poor where and I was stood and the sound down in the standing section was f**king garbage - few songs sounded completely mangled. Tried moving around a few times but because of the massive golden circle I just could land anywhere decent. Went to the Wolverhampton warm up show last month and that was fantastic. Should have just left it at that really.

Doesn’t help too that I went to Pulp last week and Glasto the week before and it definitely suffered in comparison.

• Like 1

I guess it was down to where you were stood. I was in a he first bank of seating, 10 rows up and everyone was up dancing and singing. 
One thing about Wembley though; it’s not got the greatest acoustics. Where I was it sounded ok but I’ve been at gigs before where it’s been awful. Again, depends on where you were in the stadium.

6 minutes ago, henry bear said:

I guess it was down to where you were stood. I was in a he first bank of seating, 10 rows up and everyone was up dancing and singing. 
One thing about Wembley though; it’s not got the greatest acoustics. Where I was it sounded ok but I’ve been at gigs before where it’s been awful. Again, depends on where you were in the stadium.

Interesting. I've been to Wembley for a few gigs, if admittedly not for a very long time, but I've found it less variable than some other stadiums I've seen gigs at. London Olympic Stadium is particularly inconsistent for what sound you get in comparison to where you stand.

Edited by charlierc

I was originally central about half way to the stage in the standing area and the sound was indeed pretty ropey, couldn't have made out St Charles Square unless I'd known they were opening with it, but moved towards the back of the standing section and it seemed fine.

The atmosphere where I ended up was pretty good. Everyone seemed to be having fun and going for it in a respectful way. I tend to avoid big gigs by acts of a certain vintage as crowds can be a bit aggro but all seemed quite good natured inside. 

29 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Yeah down at pitch level it sounded appalling. A few songs you couldn’t tell what was being played if you didn’t already know, Country House was a particularly bad offender.

About halfway through I went to the toilet and bar and as I was asking up the steps the guy next to me commented on how much better it sounded up there than it did where we were.