Blur

jannybruck

On 5/21/2023 at 10:14 AM, FirstGlastoHype said:

Bournemouth/Blur Fan?/Free Gig Ticket

Blur fans! Help me! Free Wolverhampton ticket!

Please can I just preface this with, this is not a joke! 

I managed to get 2 tickets for next Fridays Wolverhampton show! My friend (who was driving) has now cancelled, I’m utterly devastated and I can’t get there on my own! 

If there is anyone who is south based (I’m near bournemouth) and would take me to and from the gig, you can have the ticket free! 

This is my last shot 😂 this would suit someone based in the south/Dorset/bournemouth, all you have to do is drive me there and back, and you get a ticket to this historic gig free! Please reply on here or message me 🙂 I’m happy to add on socials and send screen shots ect! 28 male

Ah such a shame for you, hoping you can sort a lift. If by any chance you cant, then i would happily take those 2 tickets off your hands for face value?

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

A lot of MLIR stuff getting an airing on these warm ups.

Feels like an album they always go to for their deep cuts on the reunion shows.

It's also the 30th anniversary of MLIR - being reissued and all that, and lots of revisiting some of the more overlooked songs from that era.

Show last night was incredible - they seemed to be loving every minute of it.  Here's Parklife, with Phil Daniels:  

• Like 1

Echo what all are saying here about the band having fun. In Eastbourne Damon was the most playful I have seen him with Blur for 20 years. Elvis impressions and jokes with smoggy (the Darren from the album title). Be interesting to see if they can keep it going for what is turning out to be a longish reunion tour. 

Edited by Dg_vic

1 hour ago, dumbsaints said:

Within a short time saw two sets of balcony tickets coming on sale for Wolverhampton, kept refreshing and got two for standing! They're out there, anyone looking keep trying \o/

See you there!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mufcok said:

What time have the been coming, 9ish?

People had better be standing on that balcony..

Noticed last night the venue site specifically says one can stand at seats (except front row), just to mention, in case someone complains you can't 😏

10 minutes ago, dumbsaints said:

Noticed last night the venue site specifically says one can stand at seats (except front row), just to mention, in case someone complains you can't 😏

YeaH. They've gotta say that, it will depend on others up there I guess. Most gigs I've been to like that end up lively upstairs but we'll see. If everyone is sat on their hands I'll be going to negotiate with the staff downstairs 

I’m a Blur fan, but I’d be lying if I said I was much of an active listener of them  these days and I kind of bought these tickets on a bit of a post-Glastonbury resale failure whim, but been getting back in to them the past month and my god am I stoked for this show now, especially after seeing the setlist and reception to the other two shows. I’ll be the one cry-wailing to This Is a Low.

I almost bought these 2x balcony tickets but then I only need one and wasn't too keen re-selling a resale ticket.
I admit I haven't really listened to the band in 28 years(!) but I know the older songs very well from my younger years!