Other Stage Headliners

airwaves

7 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Interesting. From the rumours I've seen (from very credible sources btw), the Other Stage and the general undercard is going to save the day for me. This year could be a clash nightmare of Sophie's Choice proportions in some cases

Of the headliners listed above, none of them are relevant anymore. The Prodigy might be the only saving grace assuming it's right. They missed a trick not having the 1975 headline with their current show and I'd be surprised if there's not one female headliners across the two main stages, even Boardmasters managed two this year

Surely being relevant is just an opinion. Of all the people mentioned, rumours or otherwise they will be very relevant to many people going. New or young acts don’t equate to relevance.

Just my opinion of course. I’m going for the first time and will have a blast regardless.

8 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

Of the headliners listed above, none of them are relevant anymore. The Prodigy might be the only saving grace assuming it's right. They missed a trick not having the 1975 headline with their current show and I'd be surprised if there's not one female headliners across the two main stages, even Boardmasters managed two this year

Define "relevant".

There's probably been more interest in Elton John over the last few years than in decades, he's massive right now.

Arctic Monkeys released a divisive but hugely successful album and have sold out a dozen stadium dates for the summer.

Sam Smith has been causing scenes left, right and centre recently...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

Relevance is a funny word though, isn't it? Relevance in terms of being a more contemporary act? Relevance to a certain demographic? Relevance to the charts? There's many strands to that term.

Sam Smith is a good option up against Arctic Monkeys, they're riding the wave of Grammy and Brits exposure. Actually surprised they're not subbing the Pyramid, tbh.

I'm assuming you're a 1975 fan, so I'll take your word on their suitability to headline. They seem really popular and I suppose one could argue that they might have been a better fit than Arctic Monkeys.

I agree with you on your point regarding female artists. I'm also surprised there's apparently not going to be more female representation at a higher level but this year maybe artist availability, suitability and willingness to play under certain terms has made booking a little more difficult? I think we all know that Emily is a champion of ensuring a wider range of representation, no doubt they've tried their best.

3 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Spotify Top Artists in the World:

Sam Smith - #7
Elton John - #40
Arctic Monkeys - #55
Guns n Roses - #147

The Prodigy - (outside the top 500)

Slightly OT, but am I the only person in the world who thinks Unholy is a bag of shit?  Everyone I know seems to like it but I can't listen to it.  Awful dirge.

Just now, 4AssedMonkey said:

Slightly OT, but am I the only person in the world who thinks Unholy is a bag of shit?  Everyone I know seems to like it but I can't listen to it.  Awful dirge.

Yeah it's rubbish. I've never been a fan of Smith's voice. Just sounds like they've swallowed a theremin.