Manually refresh or leave it alone

BristolJT

1 hour ago, dazzledrops said:

Could anyone who uses refreshinator or equivalent explain how it works once you get through to the booking page - does it then just keep refreshing that page until you turn the auto-refresh off/how much time does doing that cost you? Thanks!

So you select a key word to either appear or disappear and then select your refresh rate, I’ve always used 0.01 and got through. If your word doesn’t appear or disappear, it will still refresh but! It will refresh the page your on so you won’t loose your place. 

One tab each on two different browsers (Chrome and Safari), refreshing alternately (so probably each tab was being refreshed every 2 seconds or so). This is what I've always done and it's generally worked for me, whether in general sale or resale. Can't remember which one worked in the end, but bizarrely the reg page showed up on both at around the same time. Both browsers kept dropping in and out of the countdown page simultaneously as well. Also had phone counting down on 5G, which did bugger all.

Reading this topic, it does just seem like sheer luck to me!

5 hours ago, charlie.light said:

So you select a key word to either appear or disappear and then select your refresh rate, I’ve always used 0.01 and got through. If your word doesn’t appear or disappear, it will still refresh but! It will refresh the page your on so you won’t loose your place. 

Out of interest what word do you choose? I had the same question as @dazzledrops and was always scared you'd get card details in and it would refresh as it's taking payment and mess something up, for example

36 minutes ago, Sundance said:

Out of interest what word do you choose? I had the same question as @dazzledrops and was always scared you'd get card details in and it would refresh as it's taking payment and mess something up, for example

It stops refreshing when it finds the word. I had parking down as mine, also on 0.1 second refresh 

Had been hammering F5 for a while, with no luck. Then the site went down, unable to connect, after that I got holding page back on Chrome and left it for a while, checked the tips thread here and Twittrr, flicked back to see a registration page waiting. This was about 9.50 

The lucky girl that got ours got to the holding page straight away and left it.  She got binned out once after entering reg numbers.  She got back to the holding page soon after and left it again and then got them. 

no F5’s were harmed in this process.

The rest of us never had a sniff.

Edited by Derby_Dave

Useful thread, but the conclusion is that it remains a matter of luck.  Amazed to read that people DO actually manage to arrive at that elusive booking page.  I did get there, but after 10:30.  Put in some attempts but got 'all tickets allocated', even though some people were still reporting success stories at that point.

4 hours ago, Watergirl said:

Useful thread, but the conclusion is that it remains a matter of luck.  Amazed to read that people DO actually manage to arrive at that elusive booking page.  I did get there, but after 10:30.  Put in some attempts but got 'all tickets allocated', even though some people were still reporting success stories at that point.

I reckon, after this year's experience, that 'all tickets allocated' isn't the end. There may still be tickets that become un-allocated as payments fail, which I believe was still happening at 10:30 this time

I now think you only know it's over when you get the 'Event not found' screen

5 minutes ago, billum said:

I reckon, after this year's experience, that 'all tickets allocated' isn't the end. There may still be tickets that become un-allocated as payments fail, which I believe was still happening at 10:30 this time

D710A57B-F576-49BB-B22F-96B1110124D0.gif

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, billum said:

That's always been the case with the tickets allocated message. 

Question for the techie people here, would it be possible for those who left it to refresh every 20 seconds, for that automatic refresh to be directed to a dedicated server? As opposed to the manual refresh being directed to the same servers as everyone doing the same?

Not saying this happened, just querying if it’s technically possible.

10 hours ago, Derby_Dave said:

We did. Twice.

It is 20x less likely though, it can obviously be done 

24 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

Question for the techie people here, would it be possible for those who left it to refresh every 20 seconds, for that automatic refresh to be directed to a dedicated server? As opposed to the manual refresh being directed to the same servers as everyone doing the same?

Not saying this happened, just querying if it’s technically possible.

People have checked before and all it does is refresh the page after 20 secs, nothing special

Lots of people saying Chrome was rubbish and got through on Edge! I had Chrome, Opera, Firefox and Edge running.... Chrome was hands down the worst, got through on Edge (and then had payment rejected 6 times from different cards and timed out! the pain!). Wonder if its worth a poll on which browser people had success with.

Also seemed to be a much higher success rate with Mobiles/ Tablets vs Desktops, different servers maybe?

10 minutes ago, rhyscork said:

Lots of people saying Chrome was rubbish and got through on Edge! I had Chrome, Opera, Firefox and Edge running.... Chrome was hands down the worst, got through on Edge (and then had payment rejected 6 times from different cards and timed out! the pain!). Wonder if its worth a poll on which browser people had success with.

Also seemed to be a much higher success rate with Mobiles/ Tablets vs Desktops, different servers maybe?

I've always believed Mobiles for purchasing tickets in geenral are better and have always gotten tickets for whatever I wanted using it! Could it be servers?