Resale Club 2023

Jack.194

30 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Only one thing for it if you are still ticketless.

2110722989_Screenshot_20230423_111136_AutoPhotoCutPaste.thumb.jpg.21619c688cc157c8c5d9f93db54af2fe.jpg

I saw Terry Jones do a talk at the Watershed in Bristol years ago.

He said that they had all sorts of people who had volunteered to be in the Mr Creosote sketch as they were such Python fans.  They used russian salad dressing for the vom, which they launched from catapults and the sketch took 5 days for them to film, so by the end it really did smell suitably awful.

5 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

It helped me. I got a ticket in 2017 after missing out on a couple of previous years. 

Didn't necessarily reduce demand in the sale...

1 October 2015 (Thu): Coach packages on sale - Sold out in 23 minutes
4 October (Sun): General tickets on sale - Sold out in 33 minutes

6 October 2016 (Thu): Coach packages on sale - Sold out in 22 minutes
9 October (Sun): General tickets on sale - Sold out in 50 minutes

https://theglastonburythingy.weebly.com/when-does.html

Edited by clarkete

1 hour ago, Rex2 said:

Downside if you get load of random box tickers going each year the festival is in danger of losing its appeal. Part of what makes it great are the crowd who are glasto obsessed

Yes, I had wondered if this is why the organisers make it so complicated to understand and skew the ticketing process in favour of people who are either going with friends or can get others to help them - it means that those who get tickets feel grateful for having got through the obstacles, and they then are determined to make sure everything goes well.  And means the festival is full of people who have been before and the hubbub of groups of friends 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, briddj said:

They absolutely can oversell if something goes wrong with the See system that allowed sales to go through over the limit.

We're not talking about extra tickets being sold, we're talking about tickets being sold that shouldn't have been.

Glasto and See would then have had the chance to refund those over the limit as sold in error, or hope they would be covered by relinquished tickets leading to a smaller resale.

Going by the high number of people who got tickets between 10.15 and 10.30am in November, when the sold out message went up at 9.45am, I would say "spurious at best" is a bit silly.

I would say the fact you think see tickets oversold tickets to glastonbury festival is a bit silly but we’ll agree to disagree

I agree the fact tickets were available long after sold out was strange but you have to think that overall the numbers would have been quite small and due to payment failures / errors

If the festival found out their ticketing provider oversold they’d be in big trouble for breach of contract and could be grounds for re-tender. As a worldwide force in ticket selling i highly doubt see are daft enough to have oversold, they will have things in place to ensure its not possible.  

people just didnt return their tickets, accept it!

Edited by Memory Man

4 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

I would say the fact you think see tickets oversold tickets to glastonbury festival is a bit silly but we’ll agree to disagree

Tickets were not oversold. They were tickets returned due to failed payments like myself as Seetickets had not done all the correct things behind the scenes the blocked certain ways of paying due to new security regulations. In my case getting the Ok from my banking app but failing at see tickets end on the final OK button. These tickets, many of them by the looks of things were then auto returned to the pot I assume after a set time and hence people getting tickets well after the sold out message in October.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, faymondo said:

Tickets were not oversold. They were tickets returned due to failed payments like myself as Seetickets had not done all the correct things behind the scenes the blocked certain ways of paying due to new security regulations. In my case getting the Ok from my banking app but failing at see tickets end on the final OK button. These tickets, many of them by the looks of things were then auto returned to the pot I assume after a set time and hence people getting tickets well after the sold out message in October.

Your opinion, not fact!

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Dan :D said:

I might be in the minority but I preferred the old system, purely to feel like the smashing of F5 was having some effect. Now I just sit watching the same page and then get a twitter alert that it’s sold out. 

I think this is the issue I have. I sit on the holding screen F5ing and never seem to get in. You genuinely question sometimes if what you’re doing is even working 😅

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Anecdotally feels like fewer people got through this morning than last year when lots of people seemed to get sorted.  Which would back up the 'fewer tickets in the pot this year' rumour.

Defo feels that way , I also think last year was exceptional. It has been a big gap , people’s life’s had changed probably lots in the resale bucket , plus a little hesitancy from some to attend due to covid …. Last got two resale groups in - this year not a sniff … felt so brutal 

11 minutes ago, briddj said:

Your opinion, not fact!

Well having spoke to my bank who fully explained the problem was not my card but the retailer could not process my payment as they had not carried out the latest checks due to new payments regulations to stop fraud and speaking to several other people who had the same problem. I know that is a fact. It is also a fact the tickets were held when you got in. It was also a fact that Glastonbury tweeted themselves there were problems with the sales process. It was also a fact many people got tickets well after the sale "ended" 

So based on the above facts I give my opinion about what happened. 

• Upvote 2

Whether it made it more or less difficult to get a ticket for the persistent aside, I weirdly kinda missed the longer drawn out sale period. As others have said, it felt like you had a chance rather than it all being over so quickly! Even if it actually made no difference. We managed 4 out of about 20.

• Upvote 1

With this new format and seemingly how difficult it is going to be to get tickets in the future, I wish they’d just do away with the resale to be honest. Or have the final round a week after the first with immediate payment then required.

Whilst the deposit scheme is nice to give people the opportunity to not lose out if their circumstances change, by no means does this need to be mandatory does it? Is it fit for purpose with the ever growing demand? The vast majority of events operate without this scheme in place  

I’d just like to know in October if I’m going to the festival or not, rather than having a glimmer of hope drag out to two months before the gates open. I can then make alternate plans over that weekend etc. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, faymondo said:

Well having spoke to my bank who fully explained the problem was not my card but the retailer could not process my payment as they had not carried out the latest checks due to new payments regulations to stop fraud and speaking to several other people who had the same problem. I know that is a fact. It is also a fact the tickets were held when you got in. It was also a fact that Glastonbury tweeted themselves there were problems with the sales process. It was also a fact many people got tickets well after the sale "ended" 

Exactly the same situation as me, so frustrating my bank even sent a letter of complaint to See but nothing in return.

30 minutes ago, Blank Expression said:

Exactly the same situation as me, so frustrating my bank even sent a letter of complaint to See but nothing in return.

Yep I had a try via Glastonbury themselves but no joy either. Again like you with something from my bank. 

Ahh well it was what it was. 

October will be swift but should be painless in processing. 

1 hour ago, faymondo said:

Absolutely, I don't doubt any of what you say about the bank issue.

However, you don't know for a fact your ticket wasn't simply resold straight away after the transaction failed.

Just as I don't know for a fact they oversold. 

Both are valid theories, and neither are spurious. 

1 minute ago, briddj said:

However, you don't know for a fact your ticket wasn't simply resold straight away after the transaction failed.

I suppose its all history now and like all matters regarding tickets it is never general knowledge. 

We accidentally got tickets for someone who didn't want to go and they're the lead booker.

Their reg is the lead booker and they can't get into the contact see ticket forms on glastonbury.seetickets.com. Anybody have any idea how we might get in touch with See?

Cheers

Want to just give a massive thank you to the good people on this forum, and in particular group 4 which I was part of. There’s been such hard work to get as many people as possible tickets and it’s amazing that strangers have come together with such spirit. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, briddj said:

The "theory" that tickets were oversold requires a bit more mental gymnastics though. It just seems to have been plucked out of thin air, is there even any evidence at all to support it?

On the other hand, knowing that lots of people had problems with bank-vendor transactions, meaning tickets were being held presumably while the site is trying to resolve the issue, before finally putting them back in the pot (say after 10 minutes or whatever the hold time is), seems a much more plausible explanation for tickets being obtained after a sold out message. 

It's not a man and his dog manually counting the sales as they come in and then trying to press a big red button to shut everything down before another order comes in.

It's a system with a stock count that can't physically allow for a sale once all stock is allocated.

Edited by 6XRy0PnAZHuxifz0LqVp

28 minutes ago, cellar said:

The "theory" that tickets were oversold requires a bit more mental gymnastics though. It just seems to have been plucked out of thin air, is there even any evidence at all to support it?

On the other hand, knowing that lots of people had problems with bank-vendor transactions, meaning tickets were being held presumably while the site is trying to resolve the issue, before finally putting them back in the pot (say after 10 minutes or whatever the hold time is), seems a much more plausible explanation for tickets being obtained after a sold out message. 

Well the anecdotal evidence is absolutely no different. 

We all know payments failed, but we don't know why ticket sales started going through again for 20 minutes some 30 minutes after the SOLD OUT signs had gone up. 

We don't know why that is. Was the portal incorrectly reopened for a short time? Or was it failed payments? Or was it a bit of both causing an oversell?

No theory is any less valid unless you can categorically say what it was. 

And it's far from the most outlandish theory about Glastonbury that's been posted on here!