Resale Club 2023

Jack.194

1 hour ago, Colorblindjames said:

"A very limited number of tickets"

Does this indicate a lot less than previous years?

They are never going to say the line up is a bit weak and everyone’s skint so there’s loads of tickets available in the resale!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

weird change. what if people dont buy them? miss th email? it goes to junk?? i have a ticket but i dont know how much better this is than the normal way. what are we going to have like 2/3 secret sales going forward?!

If you dont pay your ticket within 24 hours knowing you booked it…. There will hardly be anyone who falls foul of it, surely.

i still expect the lead booker will need to pay the entire amount for all tickets booked rather than each person being able to pay separately

5 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

weird change. what if people dont buy them? miss th email? it goes to junk?? i have a ticket but i dont know how much better this is than the normal way. what are we going to have like 2/3 secret sales going forward?!

It does seem a bit mad. Could be a significant %age of folks that won't complete. People could even do it just to screw the process up. Not seeing big motivation for that but when you design a system or process you design out the ability for people to screw it up. 

They could have a good chunk of tickets still on their hands after this and might even need more than a secret sale or two as a result. Certainly it seems very likely indeed there will be yet another resale or a secret sale after this as a result of the approach. 

3 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

If you dont pay your ticket within 24 hours knowing you booked it…. There will hardly be anyone who falls foul of it, surely.

i still expect the lead booker will need to pay the entire amount for all tickets booked rather than each person being able to pay separately

I'm not sure, the deposits were paid by registration number, when  I read the new way of doing things on the resale I assumed the emails would go to the email linked with the registration. Another thing that fits with the cost of living if so,  meaning nobody needs over a a thousand in their account to pay for everyone (or credit card)

Edited by efcfanwirral

30 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

You can now “game” the system pretty easily based on your popularity. This was limited before because you either had to share payment details, or strangers had to trust you’d pay them back.

Now, say you had a social following, get a load of them to try on your behalf and your chances increase markedly. I think we’ll see people sharing their reg details everywhere online as a result.

Edit: predicted end result for seetickets is an extremely large increase in initial traffic, causing just as many problem as they had with the payment funnel being overwhelmed. 

This 100%.

That said, that might also shift the balance towards communities like this too.

Either way, without having payment required to hold a ticket, anyone with influence over a large following or otherwise is going to have a better chance than the average person.

That doesn't make things fairer in my eyes.

• Like 1

I dont agree that there will be many people that dont pay. Why attempt to book if you have no intention of paying? The small (tiny?) amount of non payers will likely be absorbed by the festival and there will be no secret resale as there hasnt been over the last few years

a new / second resale is possible, but not likely imo

3 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

I dont agree that there will be many people that dont pay. Why attempt to book if you have no intention of paying? The small (tiny?) amount of non payers will likely be absorbed by the festival and there will be no secret resale as there hasnt been over the last few years

a new / second resale is possible, but not likely imo

Yeah. They've had no problem distributing any returns via the Friends and Family scheme in recent years, so I think that'll continue to be the preferred option until they can exhaust it - which probably isn't going to happen.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, incident said:

Yeah. They've had no problem distributing any returns via the Friends and Family scheme in recent years, so I think that'll continue to be the preferred option until they can exhaust it - which probably isn't going to happen.

Tend to agree.

side point… friends and family scheme. I am aware of one person i know being able to get a ticket via this but as far as i know there is no public information about it. 

they work on a stage but wouldnt qualify for a free ticket based on what they do, but were given access to purchase before the main sale by a private link. Their reg had to be white listed ie you cant buy for just anyone.

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

In theory they could go within a couple of minutes then?

At least some carts will be dropped (10 minutes) and that will likely happen a second time for some tickets. Also people faffing with coaches etc, will mean at least 20 mins.

After the first wave with this new system it will be very difficult i reckon

1 hour ago, Colorblindjames said:

"A very limited number of tickets"

Does this indicate a lot less than previous years?

Ancedotally but feel like that this year would have tons more than norm just because everyone I know is a bit meh with the line up. Last year I had zero drop outs in a group of 30 people I knew going, this year its 7 in a group of 20 

The more I think about the new payment system, the more it sucks. 

Technologically it's a step backwards, and a lot of gymnasics to avoid the obvious answer of building the tech capacity to do payments in real time.

Also risks being massively unfair - what stops people with a decent following, offering a finders' fee to anybody who can put a booking through on their reg?  So we are effectively now into auctioning tickets, with none of the "premium" going to Glastonbury or the charity partners.  If you have a following and can offer a finders' fee, welcome to the party!  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, aj6658 said:

Ancedotally but feel like that this year would have tons more than norm just because everyone I know is a bit meh with the line up. Last year I had zero drop outs in a group of 30 people I knew going, this year its 7 in a group of 20 

More fool them. We only know a tiny bit of the lineup.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

I don’t like this, feels like it benefits the lesser organised

3 minutes ago, goonerben said:

The more I think about the new payment system, the more it sucks. 

Technologically it's a step backwards, and a lot of gymnasics to avoid the obvious answer of building the tech capacity to do payments in real time.

Also risks being massively unfair - what stops people with a decent following, offering a finders' fee to anybody who can put a booking through on their reg?  So we are effectively now into auctioning tickets, with none of the "premium" going to Glastonbury or the charity partners.  If you have a following and can offer a finders' fee, welcome to the party!  

I think for those of us going this year, we should remember not to take it for granted as, if they bring this in on main sale day, there will be a pretty big shakeup in who's able to go and it won't be the same people going every year as it has been before. Maybe every couple/few years except for the very lucky few

Edited by efcfanwirral

10 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Tend to agree.

side point… friends and family scheme. I am aware of one person i know being able to get a ticket via this but as far as i know there is no public information about it. 

they work on a stage but wouldnt qualify for a free ticket based on what they do, but were given access to purchase before the main sale by a private link. Their reg had to be white listed ie you cant buy for just anyone.

There's no public information on it.  I was put up for it in 2022 and the email explicitly says not to post any details of the offer on social media and only whitelisted registrations will work on the booking page. 

Two of my friends who work for FMS have just been asked if they wish to nominate anyone to be able to buy a full priced ticket as a guest. 

• Like 1

Just now, Skip997 said:

More fool them. We only know a tiny bit of the lineup.

We know 3x Pyramid headliners, 2x Other headliners, 3x West Holts headliners, 2x Woodsies headliners, 2-3x Pyramid subs, and 1x Other sub.  So at the top end of the bill at least, we know most of the people playing - there are very few slots free for big acts to magically appear.  

I know there is a lot more beyond the big names - but among the big names, there is a lot of "meh".

• Like 1

I think the new payment system will make it much more difficult to get tickets in the late stages of the sale, which I've managed to do for the past several years. There won't be failed/timed out transactions to pick up on and it also means the sale will end extremely quickly if there's no payment step. It streamlines the process (which is a good thing for everyone overall) but I also think it takes away some chances of getting a ticket.

Good luck everyone! Hope to see a huge success rate on here as you also had last year.

22 minutes ago, goonerben said:

We know 3x Pyramid headliners, 2x Other headliners, 3x West Holts headliners, 2x Woodsies headliners, 2-3x Pyramid subs, and 1x Other sub.  So at the top end of the bill at least, we know most of the people playing - there are very few slots free for big acts to magically appear.  

I know there is a lot more beyond the big names - but among the big names, there is a lot of "meh".

It depends what you go for... we know virtually nothing of Silver Hayes, Common, Block9, iicon, Glade, Avalon, Greenpeace etc. 

We know about 60 names of maybe 1000.

Edited by stuie
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Lubic87 said:

Not sure I'm a fan of these changes. Just makes getting into a huge booking group even more essential. Might have to look at joining one on here for the first time.

Agree with this, but.... we don't actually know yet that this late-payment system will be carried through to the next main ticket/deposit sale

It could be just being used for this resale to completely guarantee that we don't see a repeat of the payment-failure debacle in last year's main ticket/coach deposit sale. Then when it's all fixed and tested, we'll go back to the normal pay-as-you-book system we know and, er, love 🤞