Banned!

tarw

2 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

I recall him being rather partial to a certain cheddar earlier this year before his success in the resale! 🙂

glasto-cheese-2-1000x600.jpg

Is there a version in pink so he can have a pink Rolls. 

7 minutes ago, km9 said:

Just tried to look at the forum from my phone and I've been banned. Seems I can get on at work though. Any particular reason?

Presumably you're on WiFi at work, whereas on mobey you're in the same range as somebody who has been ip banned. 

Just now, clarkete said:

Presumably you're on WiFi at work, whereas on mobey you're in the same range as somebody who has been ip banned. 

I've got a feeling it dates back to the apple v android 'debate' a few weeks ago, where everybody who admitted to owning an apple device was labelled as an upper class twit with money to burn

9 minutes ago, km9 said:

I've got a feeling it dates back to the apple v android 'debate' a few weeks ago, where everybody who admitted to owning an apple device was labelled as an upper class twit with money to burn

Unless your mobile network is doing something exceptionally unusual, IP range is totally unrelated to device type.

36 minutes ago, incident said:

Unless your mobile network is doing something exceptionally unusual, IP range is totally unrelated to device type.

No you've misunderstood, I meant that there was a bit of a row between lots of people on here, not that iphones were banned from accessing the site

16 minutes ago, rascalpete said:

Hi @Neil my access to efestivals over WiFi has been banned in the last 4 hours or so but is working on my mobile internet. Is this an IP ban?

edit: just tried again and it worked

guess its an ip ban.

19 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Me too... why has my wifi been banned? 

There was a block ban of certain IP ranges, it's not personal, you're not banned yourself. It's just that for now your router has connected through your ISP using an IP in the blocked range. Restarting your router may or may not put it in a none blocked IP, may take a couple of attempts, may not ever give you a safe IP, cannot be sure. 

Just rest assured it's not you, you're just unfortunate collateral damage. A VPN also fixes it. 🙂

• Upvote 1

Another one here who’s IP has been banned for some reason. Can’t access via my laptop or phone. Can only get on via my iPad. 

Hopefully not permanent or there’s a fix? Would hate to lose access to this forum 

Edit: this has only happened in the last few hours. Was working fine yesterday and even first thing this morning 

Edited by mike46

Just a heads up, for folks like @mike46 and @Bike_Like_A_Mum

Just because this has only just happened, doesn't necessarily mean @Neil has been swinging the banning axe again. He may have been, I don't know, but it could also just mean that your router / device has cycled onto a new IP address within the already banned range of addresses.

Most ISPs these days use dynamic IP addresses, which means your IP address will change regularly. If you ISP puts you on one within the banned range, then BAM, device blocked. Until you're given an IP address outside the banned range again.  

Or maybe he has just done another round of mass killings... Who knows. 🤷‍♂️

43 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Just a heads up, for folks like @mike46 and @Bike_Like_A_Mum

Just because this has only just happened, doesn't necessarily mean @Neil has been swinging the banning axe again. He may have been, I don't know, but it could also just mean that your router / device has cycled onto a new IP address within the already banned range of addresses.

Most ISPs these days use dynamic IP addresses, which means your IP address will change regularly. If you ISP puts you on one within the banned range, then BAM, device blocked. Until you're given an IP address outside the banned range again.  

Or maybe he has just done another round of mass killings... Who knows. 🤷‍♂️

Thanks! It was definitely the IP thing rather than a ban. I reset my router which fixed the laptop and turned my phone on/off which seemed to sort that 🙂

• Upvote 1