Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

1 minute ago, serendipitous said:

Yes, you're a real feminist icon Neil.

There is no real point in engaging with you as it's clear you're not interested in thinking about why people read your comments the way that they did.

they do because they see its about a sensitive issue, and choose to take offence, rather than understand all that was posted.

1 minute ago, serendipitous said:

Obviously you'd prefer to feign ignorance when people point out it's near identical to the "reasonable" talking points and jokes made by people trying to roll back trans rights at a time when they are very much under attack.

headliners with penises was under attack, so i pointed out that they are potentially  women, (an acceptance of the trans possibilities) -  nothing offensive in that.

8 minutes ago, Neil said:

they do because they see its about a sensitive issue, and choose to take offence, rather than understand all that was posted.

Or, they expect a thread about Headliners 2023 to be about just that and get annoyed when you keep spouting your tedious bollocks and spoiling the potential build up many of us have come to enjoy from your site. 

See it as self moderation and make a thread for it in General Discussions. Is that too much to ask? 

Edited by kalifire

3 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Or, they expect a thread about Headliners 2023 to be about just that and get annoyed when you keep spouting your tedious bollocks and spoiling the potential build up many of us have come to enjoy from your site. 

See it as self moderation and make a thread for it in General Discussions. Is that too much to ask? 

He won't. Because he knows people won't go into it. He thrives off it because he knows people come into this thread regularly. Must be difficult being the villan in your own story.

4 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

He won't. Because he knows people won't go into it. He thrives off it because he knows people come into this thread regularly. Must be difficult being the villan in your own story.

It’s literally the “it’s fine” gif, isn’t it. ‘My house might be burning down, but look how many people have come to watch!’

28 minutes ago, Neil said:

headliners with penises was under attack, so i pointed out that they are potentially  women, (an acceptance of the trans possibilities) -  nothing offensive in that.

I get that, it's kinda funny in a "well if we take political correctness to an extreme" point of view... I'm lost as to how you bought rape into it though? 

12 minutes ago, kalifire said:

It’s literally the “it’s fine” gif, isn’t it. ‘My house might be burning down, but look how many people have come to watch!’

Hang on, throw fuel on it. 

Just now, DeanoL said:

I get that, it's kinda funny in a "well if we take political correctness to an extreme" point of view... I'm lost as to how you bought rape into it though? 

There was a feminist diatribe above, so I used the standard feminist line of all men are rapists, and then some people dog whistled themselves to invent their own version. 

On 3/5/2023 at 3:08 PM, Tranquility of Solitude said:

So how are we all feeling about Arctic Monkeys, GnR and Elton? I’m very happy with Elton and will definitely be there, will give GnR a go, clashes permitting, could be fun, and won’t be at Arctic Monkeys.

In an attempt to get this thread back on track...

Among my friends it's had a great response. Elton is nailed on for all of us to see. That'll probably be the only 1 of the 3 for me. My best friend is definitely in for AMs and "we'll see" for GnR.

I actually quite hope that on Friday or Saturday the headliners of other stages don't appeal to be either so I can head over to SE corner before it becomes super busy. Did that last year when Kendrick was on and had much more fun there than when it gets absolutely rammed.

Edited by DareToDibble
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, fullfathom5 said:

I wish Lana was on opposite AM, as fancy seeing her (if she does play) and not fussed about AM as saw them headline in 07 & 13. GNR, never seen them so think I have to really. And obviously Reg.

There you go!

That was a very odd and short lived tantrum she had but I believe she has commented now saying she is playing. 

3 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

That was a very odd and short lived tantrum she had but I believe she has commented now saying she is playing. 

I was kinda excited to see her on there and that paddy has almost completely put me off. What a spoilt baby. 

• Upvote 1

that tantrum is hilarious. Even if you had those kind of highfalutin ideas about needing your own announcement because you're just so important, making it public is just mindblowingly thick 😄

UNLESS this is some kind of extra diva public behavior and its on purpose to make her seem more weird? i dont know. Anything could be true 

38 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

In an attempt to get this thread back on track...

Among my friends it's had a great response. Elton is nailed on for all of us to see. That'll probably be the only 1 of the 3 for me. My best friend is definitely in for AMs and "we'll see" for GnR.

I actually quite hope that on Friday or Saturday the headliners of other stages don't appeal to be either so I can head over to SE corner before it becomes super busy. Did that last year when Kendrick was on and had much more fun there than when it gets absolutely rammed.

Yeah I know 6 people going this year and they’re all planning to go to all 3 Pyramid headliners, which none of them usually do (same as me, it’ll only be my second time doing all 3 in 10 Glastonbury’s)

2 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Ok, what’s everyone’s thoughts on potential special guests during Elton? The list is pretty endless! Would love to see Kiki Dee, And any from Lady Gaga, Rod, Ronnie Wood, Dua, Pet Shop Boys..... 

Rina Sawayama since he picked her out for BST.

I don't reckon we'll see much though, he's got enough to go on for 2.5 hours without guests. 

6 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

The content on this forum the last few months really has made missing out on tickets that much easier.

Hopefully everyone can pull themselves together for my resale success, so I can be suitably hyped up.

All the good vibes of it being the first one back after covid all used up now hey... back to entitlement 🤣

I'm sure it'll perk up, I literally can't wait and already started a packing list! GnR Tshirt... CHECK ✔️ LOL (don't worry I'll bring Neil's one too 😉)

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum

11 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Ok, what’s everyone’s thoughts on potential special guests during Elton? The list is pretty endless! Would love to see Kiki Dee, And any from Lady Gaga, Rod, Ronnie Wood, Dua, Pet Shop Boys..... 

The dream would be Dua but I can’t see it unfortunately 

15 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

The content on this forum the last few months really has made missing out on tickets that much easier.

Hopefully everyone can pull themselves together for my resale success, so I can be suitably hyped up.

This is only this forum, a tiny percentage of those attending the festival.