Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

4 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I find this a very odd placement!

Why is the placement odd? Genuine question, not having a go or anything.

For me this line up so far isn’t great, the headliners apart from Elton are awful and there’s only 1 or 2 that in total that appeal. Hopefully the full announcement of acts will be better for me!

I think a few years ago Lana would’ve seemed a strange choice as a Other headliner, but they’re clearly trying to make it a second main stage with a more diverse range of headliners now rather than ‘the electronic headliner stage’ it largely became for a while there so, although it sucks for me as that’s a fucker of a clash, it’s not too surprising to see, and she’ll get a much better and more receptive crowd there.

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I think a few years ago Lana would’ve seemed a strange choice as a Other headliner, but they’re clearly trying to make it a second main stage with a more diverse range of headliners now rather than ‘the electronic headliner stage’ it largely became for a while there so, although it sucks for me as that’s a fucker of a clash, it’s not too surprising to see, and she’ll get a much better and more receptive crowd there.

Great slot for her, agreed. Just sucks for those wanting to see GnR.

The clear inference is that Swifty fucked them over and they don’t want to say so and burn the bridge. AM, Swift, Elton and 90% of the moaning and criticism goes away. I feel for them if anything.

6 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

The clear inference is that Swifty fucked them over and they don’t want to say so and burn the bridge. AM, Swift, Elton and 90% of the moaning and criticism goes away. I feel for them if anything.

Spot on.

21 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Don’t think she’s going to become a pyramid headliner so it makes sense.

3 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Wonder how the younger element feel about having 3 old bands/artists as pyramid headliners?

Arctics are pretty big with the younger crowd, they'll be very happy about it.

Elton's team have also done a great job of marketing his back catalogue over the past few years to make him a popular act across all demographics.

5 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Have we got a night for this? Please be the Friday!

i've got hewr down for saturday, not sure where the day cam frm might be mike's who is playing where topic.

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

As is I Want Love. Both off the same album and never played. Seem to recall that he wasn’t in a great place at the time and the songs bring back memories. Shame, they’re some of his best IMO.

I agree. It's by far his last very good album. Patrick Leonard does a great production too. 

22 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Wonder how the younger element feel about having 3 old bands/artists as pyramid headliners?

our lot all like AM but most have seen before (and know they are shit live but will probs end up there anyway). GNR nobody cares, Elton the people who like saw last year, couldn't care less myself.

hardly a home run

1 hour ago, Gregcharlie said:

Arctic Monkeys very popular with the TikTokers and those 30 year old (or just shy of) bastards like me. 

AM were popular with 18 year olds before tiktok

8 minutes ago, gfa said:

AM were popular with 18 year olds before tiktok

Obviously. What I meant is, there is now clearly a demographic of young people who discover, let’s call it ‘music of the recent past’, through TikTok, as well as the all the artists who are choosing to post their music directly on that platform. 

1 hour ago, Gregcharlie said:

Obviously. What I meant is, there is now clearly a demographic of young people who discover, let’s call it ‘music of the recent past’, through TikTok, as well as the all the artists who are choosing to post their music directly on that platform. 

Sure but these early 00s indies bands have always had a huge following for young people, see like community festival all of superstruct etc. these fests have been full of 16-20 year olds for the past 5 years. I meant specific indie as a genre btw - kate bush obviously got big from tiktok among others

Going through this lot so far with my kids and it's seems to be all rap crap.. Nightmare.. I'm officially old 

But my kids and grandkids seem VERY HAPPY.. What a strange festival I'm going to have.. Good job it's my last lolol