Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

14 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

We already know that she'll play Glastonbury for the reduced fee.

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Indeed, and if Emily is to believe she is interested in returning.

I really hope this is the case. I think I'm kind of on the same thinking as Matt on this - maybe the reduced fee and profile boost made sense when she was coming off the back of an album/singles that didn't really catapult her back to the top (Lover era) but since then she had her whole lockdown thing with Folklore and Evermore which got her a whole new bunch of fans and respect, and then she's released Midnights and got this whole huge Eras tour going 🤷🏻‍♀️

I mean, I am a pessimist and this is kind of my way of insulating myself against disappointment 😅 but genuinely, I hope I am wrong and she actually does want to and will come back.

36 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

We already know that she'll play Glastonbury for the reduced fee.

My point is that she agreed to do it last time off the back of a shaky stadium tour. Somehow she’s managed to repeak higher than the 1989 days. She doesn’t play by usual rules but I guess that’s why we love miss Swift.

Don’t think she would have come anywhere near Glasto in the 1989 days… so that’s what worries me if she’s back to that place.

2 hours ago, clarkete said:

You poor lamb I don't know how you cope. 

"People don't like hypocrites", therefore over three years later everyone brings up an incident she apologised for by the next day.

Have you ever read the coverage she gets in the US?  As with many artists there, she receives a lot of bigotry via social media or from right wing commentators - see much of the coverage about the stupid flute. 

It's not just one incident; there were plenty of other things that went against Lizzo's public brand that annoyed people (such as the aforementioned Chris Brown worship).

What a bunch of bigots in the USA are saying is irrelevant, since she's nonetheless a massive act who sells out arenas over there.

So let's quit this whole triggered bullshit where it's a big problem when someone doesn't fall in line about wonderful she is. People have the right not to like or care about certain artists. And I've seen her perform live for that matter, FWIW.

14 hours ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Because it went against her whole brand, that's why. People don't like hypocrites.

IDGAF if she plays Glasto or not, but this whole "you either stand with her or you're with the far right" narrative on the internet is insufferable AF.

She's a person not a brand. Try humanising people. She did what a lot of people did moaned about what she thought was poor service on twitter. Realised she made a mistake and was unequivocal in her apology. I never said the comment about the far right by the way either. Just that it was a nothing incident nearly half a decade ago and she doesn't deserve to have it thrown in her face constantly. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Relative to her own success, but she was still one of the biggest acts on the planet.

Yeah I get that but it was probably the first time in a long time that she was struggling to sell all the tickets in the stadiums she was playing. Now she’s … well.. you know.

3 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I meant to play at some point. 

If there was an “anytime future headliner” bet my money would be going on her. 

Understand. I’m just being more cautious this time as I’ve thought of her as a guaranteed lock for a few years in a row now. I’m not letting myself get let down like that again 😞 

7 minutes ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

It's not just one incident; there were plenty of other things that went against Lizzo's public brand that annoyed people (such as the aforementioned Chris Brown worship).

What a bunch of bigots in the USA are saying is irrelevant, since she's nonetheless a massive act who sells out arenas over there.

So let's quit this whole triggered bullshit where it's a big problem when someone doesn't fall in line about wonderful she is. People have the right not to like or care about certain artists. And I've seen her perform live for that matter, FWIW.

Got to say, you seem triggered.

Emily’s exact words, and this was a couple of days after this year’s festival.

“I think we’ve got Taylor on board next time she’s doing some touring,” says Eavis. “We would love to have her back, obviously.”

For someone who is very careful with what they say in public she wouldn’t be saying that if there was no agreement on either side to have her back.

51 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Emily’s exact words, and this was a couple of days after this year’s festival.

“I think we’ve got Taylor on board next time she’s doing some touring,” says Eavis. “We would love to have her back, obviously.”

For someone who is very careful with what they say in public she wouldn’t be saying that if there was no agreement on either side to have her back.

Emily must be very confident to be saying that