Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

9 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I've no issue with the type of music etc that headlines but the festival wanted a cheap black rapper who said the right things and he was an option. 

45 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

This is quite laughable considering this whole board had been talking for the last couple of years about diversity of acts being booked. I'll remind you all of Kendrick, Travis, The Weeknd all being mentioned for slots. Slots to include all cultures and races.

Now tell me when a white rapper was available apart from Eminem to headline Glastonbury....again I'll wait.

By 50 Cent's own admission, rap is black music primarily, there is no getting away from that. So Glastonbury booked it as a way to be diverse. They didn't have to make the booking they chose. Just like Jay-Z, they didn't have to.

Don't ignore the actual facts behind it all.

You forgot the Beastie Boys!

It sounds like you do have an issue.  Yes the festival tries to diversify - what are the reasons for that?  They don't want women and black people headlining because women and black people get paid less.  They want to get different people going to the festival - part of that is different types of music, and yes there are blind spots, e.g. metal - and they seem to have done a bloody good job of that based on ticket demand.

Sounds like if they are going with a rap act you'd prefer if a white boy performing.  By your own reference of 50 Cent 'rap is black music primarily', and you've no issue with a rap headliner as you've no issue with what type of music headlines, but unless it's someone you approve of they're going for a 'cheap black option'?

9 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Last minute entry for take it how you want.

And what is that huge British music scene he represents and talks about? Black Britain

‘Black Britain’ is not a music scene. He wasn’t booked because he was a “cheap black rapper” he was booked because Emily thought he was good enough to headline, in which she was correct.

It's funny how people on here are constantly demanding certain headliners just for the sake of diversity and no other reason, every single page of this topic almost, yet when someone says they feel that's why a particular previous headliner was booked they get downvoted into oblivion.

For the record I don't agree at all that this is why Stormzy was booked and I always felt he was a no brainer in terms of headliner choice, but maybe it's time we all started judging artists on their music, and their music only?

Edited by VCK

11 minutes ago, VCK said:

For the record I don't agree at all that this is why Stormzy was booked and I always felt he was a no brainer in terms of headliner choice, but maybe it's time we all started judging artists on their music, and their music only?

This isn't how its booked though from headliners to deep in the undercard so why would we discuss what happens in that way.

2 hours ago, VCK said:

It's funny how people on here are constantly demanding certain headliners just for the sake of diversity and no other reason, every single page of this topic almost, yet when someone says they feel that's why a particular previous headliner was booked they get downvoted into oblivion.

Oblivion was a long time ago! With a rep of -2000 there’s clearly been a lot of previous shit takes.

7 hours ago, p.pete said:

You forgot the Beastie Boys!

It sounds like you do have an issue.  Yes the festival tries to diversify - what are the reasons for that?  They don't want women and black people headlining because women and black people get paid less.  They want to get different people going to the festival - part of that is different types of music, and yes there are blind spots, e.g. metal - and they seem to have done a bloody good job of that based on ticket demand.

Sounds like if they are going with a rap act you'd prefer if a white boy performing.  By your own reference of 50 Cent 'rap is black music primarily', and you've no issue with a rap headliner as you've no issue with what type of music headlines, but unless it's someone you approve of they're going for a 'cheap black option'?

Beatie Boys are more rap rock, similarly to RATM.

Look for his interview on it. He does an interview stating exactly this and says the problem for many people is that a white man does it better, meaning Eminem in this case. They aren't my original words. 

I don't disapprove of Stormzy like you suggest, but he there is a top of of what Glastonbury will pay for acts. They don't all get paid the same, just the bigger artists will get paid what the top line the festival will pay. My point was that Stormzy would have entered into the cheaper quote for a diverse booking in what the festival was going for. A lot of why they would have gone for him was due to what he had done for the community he comes from.

Yes the wording wasn't the best but essentially that what what I meant. I don't really give a shit about who turns it around etc and who downvotes stuff. Move on...you're entertaining yourself, not me.

7 hours ago, kingbadger said:

I'm not racist but I have a massive issue with the festival booking a black Briton who represents black Britain. 

Look below at the comment. Google it, this is why Stormzy became who he is.

7 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

‘Black Britain’ is not a music scene. He wasn’t booked because he was a “cheap black rapper” he was booked because Emily thought he was good enough to headline, in which she was correct.

So and see what Stormzy campaigned for then. You know he done loads of charity work that went to Black British causes yes. It's not just made up. 

6 hours ago, Superscally said:

Dude. You should probably end this.

Why?

3 hours ago, Neil said:

gazza always talks shite.

haha coming from you that's applaudable. Go and snort some more drugs or something.

• Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Beatie Boys are more rap rock, similarly to RATM.

Look for his interview on it. He does an interview stating exactly this and says the problem for many people is that a white man does it better, meaning Eminem in this case. They aren't my original words. 

I don't disapprove of Stormzy like you suggest, but he there is a top of of what Glastonbury will pay for acts. They don't all get paid the same, just the bigger artists will get paid what the top line the festival will pay. My point was that Stormzy would have entered into the cheaper quote for a diverse booking in what the festival was going for. A lot of why they would have gone for him was due to what he had done for the community he comes from.

Yes the wording wasn't the best but essentially that what what I meant. I don't really give a shit about who turns it around etc and who downvotes stuff. Move on...you're entertaining yourself, not me.

Look below at the comment. Google it, this is why Stormzy became who he is.

So and see what Stormzy campaigned for then. You know he done loads of charity work that went to Black British causes yes. It's not just made up. 

Why?

haha coming from you that's applaudable. Go and snort some more drugs or something.

3 hours ago, Neil said:

gazza always talks shite.

2 hours ago, Neil said:

So what you done is not look for the video of it and snort some coke instead.

Next you'll be bullshitting that it's okay because everyone who goes to a dentist is a drug addict because they can't take the pain.

Guess what everyone!

First link that can be found on YouTube.

@Neil will say that is fake though. I say put your downvote count back up like proper man and accept it rather than removing it knowing people were going to come at you for being a arse.

Edited by thewayiam

21 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

What the blithering fuck are you talking about?

Drug addicted dental patients? Did not see that coming.

A conversation Neil had about a drugs argument a while back that apparently you accept to take cocaine when you have treatment at a dentist because they inject it to lower the pain.

Now if you want hear something pathetic, the above is all you need. Having a filling is something I can never imagine I want but yet I am happy to take cocaine when this happens.

Nor did I but I learnt it's thing that day apparently. Clearly it's not and it's a bullshit reason to defend your drug use.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

A conversation Neil had about a drugs argument a while back that apparently you accept to take cocaine when you have treatment at a dentist because they inject it to lower the pain.

Now if you want hear something pathetic, the above is all you need. Having a filling is something I can never imagine I want but yet I am happy to take cocaine when this happens.

Nor did I but I learnt it's thing that day apparently. Clearly it's not and it's a bullshit reason to defend your drug use.

I think you mean novocaine.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, VCK said:

Nah.  Not going to ignore context.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

you know he's talking shite, its the only thing he does.

my painkillers of choice nowadays are tramadol and pregabalin (i have a lot of pain to manage).

3 hours ago, philipsteak said:

I knew I would regret asking

Well you did ask so I said. He will continue the he talks shit...as I said he talks shit because he knows I'm not going to dig and find the post and I'm not.

But let's be honest, it that unlikely a conversation about he affects of drugs and alcohol came up on here? No.

Is it unlikely that someone one here started banning people based on his own made up accusations of what the person had said? No because it happened. Half the forum wanted to pull away.

One last thing, who else has taken their up/down vote counter away because they were worried over the previous period of their reputation? Him again.

Not me as I'll say my view regardless of all that shit.

What other billy big bollocks has such an infatuation about being correct over acts everytime and can't bare it for it not to happen? The same person in denial signs are all there.

So when we come to who talks bollocks and again a this post below as that's all he's got, it's in fact ego up his own arse Neil.

2 hours ago, Neil said:

as i said he talks shite.

Keep taking those painkillers you angry man.

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

You miss the point. It's not what I meant, it's what he meant.

I disputed drugs and I'm against them etc etc very heavily at the time and nothing has changed

His defence and comeback was do I visit the dentist etc which led to fillings blah blah. And that if I've had then I accept drug taking. At that point I shut it off because that was ludicrous.

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

I'll ask you a couple of questions to help me answer more accurately. Is Black Britain a bad thing and what is your interpretation of it?

No Black Britain is not a bad thing at all. Equal rights. I grew up around some people who were treated like they shouldn't be here and had a choice etc etc.

But I don't need anyone telling me that Black Britain is not a thing to do with Stormzy as it may not be the thing it is now without him.

6 minutes ago, Neil said:

you know he's talking shite, its the only thing he does.

my painkillers of choice nowadays are tramadol and pregabalin (i have a lot of pain to manage).

So do we from you on here.