Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

3 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

Has anyone considered the combination of The Weeknd on Friday, Muse on Saturday, Elton on Sunday? Dates for the former two seem to line up and it would be diverse. The Friday night is also often the more contemporary slot and Muse would have enough material to fill the longer Saturday slot.

Looks like The Weeknd is in Amsterdam on the Saturday, having been in Norway on the Tuesday - think that puts him in same category as Blur and Styles as hard to see happening logistically

Edited by Alcatraz

3 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

Imagine getting so angry about saying CB ain’t the greatest.

so so so many better DJ’s

Just now, Muppetmark said:

I think its more suggesting camelphat. Literally the worst dj to come through in years 

Chems are my favourite artist. Was never saying they are the very best but they are far from shit - they wouldn't have headlined every festival under the sun if they weren't half decent. Fantastic live show as well of course.

Camelphat are fine but don't even come close. Their biggest song is about *checks notes* ... ah yes, date rape.

26 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

or chuck in Camelphat ahead of Chemical as well. 

Yikes, that's a hot take. Although I agree that the Chems have possibly oversaturated themselves in the past five years, the suggestion that Camelphat's output is superior (even against Tom and Ed's recent work) is a hard one to get on board with. I'd like to see the Chems veer off into something slightly less formulaic in the future but their live show is still up there with most top tier electronic acts

2 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

Would GnRs fit in that mad Aerosmith slot that was going to happen but couldn’t? Or are GnR just massively more popular than Aero?

Aerosmith didn't sell out hyde park either of the last 2 times they played. 

Gnr did almost double the tickets in London

7 minutes ago, adcarr_ said:

Do people genuinely think gnr will headline the Saturday? I thought maybe they’d do the Sunday but really can’t see them relying on gnr (specifically Axl) for that Saturday night slot

If what we’ve heard is true, it was originally supposed to be Taylor Swift but she dropped out to do her US tour instead so they had to draft in GnR, so Saturday it is. Suppose they’re not too dissimilar to Macca, Metallica, the Stones, Bruce etc as a big oldie Saturday night act, despite reception to them headlining undoubtedly not being as enthusiastic as that lot. 

9 minutes ago, Alking said:

So Mel C just said she’s hopeful they’ll be another reunion… Spice girls on the farm??

I really do wish they'd fuck off. Every bloody interview they bring up Glastonbury then finally admit they've never been asked, let's hope it stays that way.

• Upvote 5

16 minutes ago, adcarr_ said:

Do people genuinely think gnr will headline the Saturday? I thought maybe they’d do the Sunday but really can’t see them relying on gnr (specifically Axl) for that Saturday night slot

They sold out a World Tour with hundreds of dates, including two at Tottenham Stadium at £100 to £250 a time.....Axl voice was decent when he sang for AC/DC and was for much of the World Tour where they played 3 hour sets. They only played 2 hours and less in UK because he had an issue with his voice. Like them or not, they are one of the biggest bands in the world.

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

I really do wish they'd fuck off. Every bloody interview they bring up Glastonbury then finally admit they've never been asked, let's hope it stays that way.

Wow, you’re a grumpy gnome this afternoon! 😂

29 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

Aerosmith didn't sell out hyde park either of the last 2 times they played. 

Gnr did almost double the tickets in London

Their only Hyde Park date was 2007. The second non sell out was even more of a fail as it was Clapham Common which was smaller. 

6 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Agreed. It's tedious begging at this point. At least Robbie had the decency to beg once then keep schtum.

2 minutes ago, Alking said:

Wow, you’re a grumpy gnome this afternoon! 😂

I know 😁, I'm sure they'd go down a storm too but I'm fed up of reading about them and how they'd love to do the Legends slot/are lying about being in talks/will get Posh back for Glastonbury etc. 

7 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

wouldn't have it any other way

efests traffic would be down a good 10% i reckon if mel c got banned from mentioning glasto

7 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

i kinda think they would have fitted it .... but the whole play for the slot is very off putting .... and the field full of union jack dresses might cause me to vomit 

1 hour ago, she bangs the drums said:

They sold out a World Tour with hundreds of dates, including two at Tottenham Stadium at £100 to £250 a time.....Axl voice was decent when he sang for AC/DC and was for much of the World Tour where they played 3 hour sets. They only played 2 hours and less in UK because he had an issue with his voice. Like them or not, they are one of the biggest bands in the world.

Having failed with Elton we now have folk trying to shoehorn GnR, one of the biggest and most successful rock bands of all time, into a non-headline slot.

I love this place sometimes.

Edited by Hugh Jass II
  • Upvote 2