Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not that I'm swallowing that. If they are touring I doubt they'd play a festival exclusive that prevents their own dates in France.

Maybe they don't want to do shedloads of dates and are doing big fests in Europe for the $$$. Could see them at Mad Cool for a Spanish exclusive. Werchter might have got them as well which puts them bang into the frame for Glastonbury.

Just being hopeful here.

3 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Maybe they don't want to do shedloads of dates and are doing big fests in Europe for the $$$. Could see them at Mad Cool for a Spanish exclusive. Werchter might have got them as well which puts them bang into the frame for Glastonbury.

Just being hopeful here.

I dont think they are very suited for multiple-day-fests. Too big. 

4 minutes ago, RatingsAndMoney said:

Thankfully it’s fake. Slipknot scheduled for elsewhere on the date stated above. 

I don’t think I’d be able to sleep if AC/DC were around next year and the possibility of them topping the pyramid. Absolute fantasy stuff that I could only dream of! 

Thankfully?! i was booking my eurostar for that friday. 

5 hours ago, adcarr_ said:

Do people think bring me the horizon will make an appearance? Not sure where they’d play given they seem set as headliners at other festivals now 

They've played a couple of times, but they're another example of a band who are proven headliners elsewhere but don't really have that general mass appeal to headline Glastonbury. See also: Biffy Clyro, Foals.

Didn't they play halfway down the Other Stage in 2016, the year after they subheadlined Reading and Leeds?

No way they will ever headline anything other than maybe the Other Stage tbh, they don't have as much crossover appeal as Metallica for example.

I'm kinda surprised they never tried to get Black Sabbath tbh, I feel like they probably could have done the Pyramid at some point. 

Saying that I imagine Ozzy's management would only accept huge money. 

Edited by Xeph1995

21 minutes ago, VCK said:

They've played a couple of times, but they're another example of a band who are proven headliners elsewhere but don't really have that general mass appeal to headline Glastonbury. See also: Biffy Clyro, Foals.

Didn't they play halfway down the Other Stage in 2016, the year after they subheadlined Reading and Leeds?

The collabs with Sigrid and Sheeran have given them mass appeal - they are a different propostion to when the were on the Other stage in the afternoon in 2019 but then they were up against Kylie who had the biggest Glasto crowd ever at that time. 

8 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Said this on the other place too, but I don't think Blur are being discussed enough. We are told they are doing Wembley next July, but would that be their only show? We know for a fact that they're not at IOW/TRSNMT/Latitude and Reading aren't booking them any time soon.

Could be a headliner under our noses all along.

The info I have on their Wembley show in july is solid, no idea if there's other shows, my info comes from  someone involved in the Wembley show.