Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

4 minutes ago, SpencerF said:

Yup - ever since Reading and Leeds decided to move from the 3 headliner setup the the '3 co-headliner' set up, the quality of headliners has declined (imo anyway). Obviously it makes sense, you have a budget that can only go so far and you're trying to book six 'headline' acts. 

Nobody on the Reading boards actually considers the second headliners as proper ones.

This year had AM, Dave and RATM/1975. None of those would be out of place on the pyramid

They binned off the entire second stage losing a lot of big acts in the process - in exchange for a second main stage which doesn't have as many acts as the R1 tent used to, so the budget was made up by doing that

5 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

They've not even officially split up. 2 of the 4 have left and it hasn't even been addressed on the band's socials which is mental. There's a decent chance the 2 remaining members just continue under the same name.

Not sure about continuing, could see van mc cann going solo though

4 hours ago, Neil said:

not there for them to shut it down, and not here for the morons who are annoying me.

I hear you! I meant actual punters at the festival (in general) not the clique gurus on the old Glasto website nor anyone annoying you here. 

Just now, Andy0808 v5 said:

Darling buds of May is a catchy tune tbf. 

I'm not ashamed to say I liked them and even went to one of their gigs (and they were really good).

They got slammed and mocked by the press for being too derivative of Britpop but just a year or two later there was that wave of bands like Peace and Swim Deep who had the Britpop sound and the Indie crowd loved them.

19 minutes ago, VCK said:

I'm not ashamed to say I liked them and even went to one of their gigs (and they were really good).

They got slammed and mocked by the press for being too derivative of Britpop but just a year or two later there was that wave of bands like Peace and Swim Deep who had the Britpop sound and the Indie crowd loved them.

Pretty sure Viva Brother were an ‘emo’ band in a previous reincarnation hence everyone seeing through them, and the singer was a twat.

Edited by PolygonWindow

6 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If they're going to book The National and Arctic Monkeys they should also get Gorillaz so we'll have a trio who's only experience of Glastonbury is dying on their arses.

Dying on their arse?

The National have played Glastonbury thrice and whilst the last show might have underwhelming the previous two most certainly did not.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Wasn’t really into them at the time and can’t remember where I would have been when they were on (probably dying under a tree somewhere), but the full set is on YouTube and it’s ace.

I'd love them back but I think it's 2024 at the earliest, next year is Bon Iver's year.

10 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

This but make it 2023.

They’re such a strange one now to place slot wise though. There’s realistically only 2 they could play considering their headliner status on the continent but aren’t really as big in the UK. 
Would maybe subbing Taylor Swift as headliner in the future be the solution? 

7 minutes ago, Gregcharlie said:

They’re such a strange one now to place slot wise though. There’s realistically only 2 they could play considering their headliner status on the continent but aren’t really as big in the UK. 
Would maybe subbing Taylor Swift as headliner in the future be the solution? 

Don't want these lads subbing anyone. They need a full headline set on the other. I'm sure they'd take a other headline slot since they play a lot of mid size festivals everywhere else. 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Dying on their arse?

The National have played Glastonbury thrice and whilst the last show might have underwhelming the previous two most certainly did not.

Didn’t see them in 2008 but that 2010 set on the Other was brilliant. The set that really got me into them.