Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

26 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

Why? Representation has been stacked in favour of white males for decades and still is in many ways. There is no need to promote male bands to these positions because they continue to benefit from this. 

Stop being silly.

So then it's not a 50/50 split if you're saying men don't need to be there. Also to claim that white males are the only demographic to have a lot of representation in music until recent years is not true at all.

Also, objectively speaking a lot of the hugest names in music right now, on an international scale, are female, such as Taylor.

But like I said, what the artist looks like doesn't matter. Only the music.

19 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

Have Prodigy just fucking wrote themselves out of Galsto with this post??

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ck0tAsdNNUw/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Very much not. If anything I'd say it adds more fuel.

"Headline" and "show" are two key qualifiers there. They definitely wouldn't be headlining Glastonbury, and "show" can usually be taken to mean a stand alone show rather than a Festival set.

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

There are plenty of acts people tout as headliners that I don't like but understand their appeal so can see them as a headliner, I find it inconceivable that people would actually want Rhianna to headline though, absolutely friggin' dreadful stuff. 

I imagine if I were to go through the history of Glastonbury them IMO well over 50% of the headliners would be "absolutely friggin' dreadful stuff".

Personally I find it inconceivable that so many want Elton John to headline.

Fortunately there are 100s of stages and West Holts seem to know what they're doing re booking headliners.

6 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

There are plenty of acts people tout as headliners that I don't like but understand their appeal so can see them as a headliner, I find it inconceivable that people would actually want Rhianna to headline though, absolutely friggin' dreadful stuff. 

Id rather see Rihanna than Taylor Swift, but wouldnt want to see either. Itd be a proper McDowell/Clockwork Orange/forced eyeballs kind of situation, and i'm not sure the pyramid stage has this kind of set-up for the audience just yet. 

4 minutes ago, topmarksbri said:

Where did the GnR rumour start? I just had a look on betting markets and they're still heavy faves which I find very surprising. 

Emily mentioned them out of the blue in an interview late last year. Then a couple of months ago the betting went all over the place for them, indicating some heavy money put down somewhere.

Edited by jannybruck

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The Sun also have them as 'in talks'

Worth mentioning that according to The Sun, Arctic Monkeys are "signed", and all of Elton John, Eminem, GnR, and Rhianna have been claimed as "in talks".

Given that only 3 of those 5, at most, can be right, what they say is as always no guarantee of anything.

4 hours ago, VCK said:

The UK and US.

I mean you had the British press successfully convincing thousands of people to listen to The Kooks and The Fratellis 15 years ago. Now they're telling people that cheesy pop music has artistic merit, and people are agreeing.

That's because it does. Future Nostalgia for example, is a better album than most of the lame  rock shite we've had in recent years

57 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Nah, headlining a stage at a festival isn't a headline show like they're referring to here. They'll be at multiple festivals next summer now they're back together.

i didn't see this in here and posted in acts touring around

There's not any UK fests they would sub that are left to announce bar Reading (which isn't going to happen) based off the size they are from these Irish dates.

Maybe special guests somewhere but i think thats really pushing it.

Just now, gfa said:

i didn't see this in here and posted in acts touring around

There's not any UK fests they would sub that are left to announce bar Reading (which isn't going to happen) based off the size they are from these Irish dates.

Maybe special guests somewhere but i think thats really pushing it.

Download is missing a few big slots. I think without Keith - and with already-booked Pendulum not being as hot as they were a decade ago - a 1-2 punch on 2nd stage is entirely possible. 

25 minutes ago, Enkidu said:

That's because it does. Future Nostalgia for example, is a better album than most of the lame  rock shite we've had in recent years

Dua Lipa is a prime example of a mainstream pop artist being hyped up to be more than what her actual music is.

Nothing wrong with liking pop music, music is subjective and all that, but let's not pretend that the McDonald's meal you're eating has much nutritional value.

Edited by VCK
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Enkidu said:

Tbf fuck the Sun but apparently they have been pretty good at getting scoops on glastonbury news. I certainly take everything they say with a pinch (or a handful really) of salt though

They haven’t they just guess quite a bit and by default get the odd thing right