Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

22 minutes ago, VCK said:

Not really headliner related but I'm really enjoying Justin Hawkins' YouTube channel, best music YouTuber around at the minute. I wonder what the chances of The Darkness appearing would be? Other Stage opener or maybe a mid slot on the Pyramid?

I doubt they'd be booked for other opener. quite before my time and i know they did big slots in the early 2000s at festivals but they dropped off a cliff is my understanding

2 hours ago, VCK said:

Not really headliner related but I'm really enjoying Justin Hawkins' YouTube channel, best music YouTuber around at the minute. I wonder what the chances of The Darkness appearing would be? Other Stage opener or maybe a mid slot on the Pyramid?

Convinced you’re living about 20 years in the past if you think the darkness would get a prominent slot at Glastonbury 2023. Guy is a nobody now.

Edited by Matt42

3 hours ago, VCK said:

Best music channel!? Justin Hawkins!? Branch out more mate.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Convinced you’re living about 20 years in the past if you think the darkness would get a prominent slot at Glastonbury 2023. Guy is a nobody now.

The slots I mentioned aren't exactly prominent.

8 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Best music channel!? Justin Hawkins!? Branch out more mate.

I've watched tonnes of music channels, Justin offers a lot of interesting and unique perspectives. My opinion though.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, VCK said:

The slots I mentioned aren't exactly prominent.

I've watched tonnes of music channels, Justin offers a lot of interesting and unique perspectives. My opinion though.

Other opener is a special slot - therefore prominent.

48 minutes ago, gfa said:

Other opener is a special slot - therefore prominent.

It's not really a "special slot", it just usually goes to older more established acts who would normally be playing elsewhere.

22 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

There are only about 27 pyramid slots a year and you want one to go to the bloody darkness? I beg you to branch out from what was big in 2005.

I merely suggested mid Pyramid as a possible slot.

2 minutes ago, clarkete said:

You can't dispute that it was bloody popular though, the crowd were standing on and behind the footpaths at the back. 

I was a few rows in front of the sound desk but glad ot hear it was popular. I mean its a fairly big band thats of a popular demographic of music for Glastonbury on very early on Friday with not much else of that size to go against it so it should really have a big crowd. 

1 hour ago, chazwwe said:

I was a few rows in front of the sound desk but glad ot hear it was popular. I mean its a fairly big band thats of a popular demographic of music for Glastonbury on very early on Friday with not much else of that size to go against it so it should really have a big crowd. 

Yeah I think I was going through on the way somewhere and watched for a bit, but it was busier than most of the shows I saw there (except PSB). 

You're right about the vocals, they were a bit erm sub optimal. 

Edited by clarkete

2 hours ago, clarkete said:

Yeah I think I was going through on the way somewhere and watched for a bit, but it was busier than most of the shows I saw there (except PSB). 

You're right about the vocals, they were a bit erm sub optimal. 

Pretty standard for The Libertines  even on their best days!