Approving payment in-app

kingbadger

I will be paying with my Barclaycard because they still offer a OTP which is easier to read and react to in my opinion. Just drag down from the top, read the number and type it straight in. Forgot to say, that is because I am more confident of getting through on my phone than on my laptop

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

no problem with santander ... I authorised it in the app 

So I have a Santander account that I never use but have just transferred money into it for Sunday. Just looking on the app but can't see where I might authorise a payment. Any help on where this is in the app would be appreciated. Or I know they can text a code to me

Just now, Helsbels said:

So I have a Santander account that I never use but have just transferred money into it for Sunday. Just looking on the app but can't see where I might authorise a payment. Any help on where this is in the app would be appreciated. Or I know they can text a code to me

once the screen tells you to go to the app .... it will then show a payment as pending on the screen once you've signed in , from memory you click 2 different buttons on the app and then it will send you back to to the site to confirm you've authorised payment on the app . I dont trust the text thing personally ... 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Helsbels said:

For Nationwide, once you make the payment, the vendor contacts your bank for approval (you get a message via the app), you open the app, click on the 'Yes, I'm making this payment' window that appears, continue to login in to your bank app, then click the 'Go back to seller' button to complete the approval. So, this is going from your laptop, to your phone, and the laptop Web browser will refresh to confirm your tickets. 👍🏻🤞🏻

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It would be good if you could pre-authorise a potential transaction. Or going onto a banking app and temporarily suspending the verification for the next transaction for say anything under £500.

You can with Revolut i think, you go on their live chat i think

Monzo worked for me yesterday.

32 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Bloody hell - just read this - I can't believe they've now enabled this (or been forced to enable it by the bank). Previous years it skipped this authorisation step. I always felt that this was a good thing as any extra steps added on a system already being as stressed and hammered as much as the See ticket processing platform is during the ticket sale, would only be of negtive impact. And surprise surprise, its introduced another point of failure in the transaction process....

Exactly this. It’s nuts.

18 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

once the screen tells you to go to the app .... it will then show a payment as pending on the screen once you've signed in , from memory you click 2 different buttons on the app and then it will send you back to to the site to confirm you've authorised payment on the app . I dont trust the text thing personally ... 

Will go with your advice then. I'm not using my phone on Sunday. Going to keep it free for this reason. Thanks

38 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Bloody hell - just read this - I can't believe they've now enabled this (or been forced to enable it by the bank). Previous years it skipped this authorisation step. I always felt that this was a good thing as any extra steps added on a system already being as stressed and hammered as much as the See ticket processing platform is during the ticket sale, would only be of negtive impact. And surprise surprise, its introduced another point of failure in the transaction process....

Its required

How it sold out quicker than ever with this extra step is anyone's guess

Edited by gfa

5 minutes ago, gfa said:

Its required

How it sold out quicker than ever with this extra step is anyone's guess

More servers...?

By this I mean: if they ran 50 servers for the sale they could conceivably sell out the lot in a few mins if they wanted to with the demand they have for them. But that might backfire on them in terms of public reaction to such a small window of oppertunity.

So, to absorb the overhead of enabling two factor auth with the bank, they add another server or two to compensate. Easy to do with cloud IaaS. Thing is the step adds another point of potential failure should the system struggle variably throughout the sale, perticularly at the banking auth end I would imagine as well, wating for that service to catch up.

Edited by Pinhead

2 hours ago, kingbadger said:

So seems myself and a few others got through to purchase tickets, however after we approved the purchase on our banking app, the payment didn't process. Who else had this problem? Seems like the majority have been on NatWest. 

Did those who got tickets last night do so having approved on their banking app? Who do you bank with?

Seems ridiculous if there's a problem with mandatory two-factor authentication or with a specific bank. Means swathes of people simply wouldn't be able to buy a ticket. 

2 hours ago, kaytee... said:

Looks like natwest is the problem then. Never had this problem before until they sent out the new MasterCard debit cards 

2 hours ago, Helsbels said:

Would be interesting to know if it was only Natwest or if anyone had issues with other banks?

Everyone I've seen mention it seems to bank with Natwest, so thought I'd ask the question in the thread if it's just them where people have had issues. 

Without wishing to complicate this, I bank with Natwest and I wasn't asked to approve using the app last night. Payment went straight through. I am asked to verify virtually all payments I make online, too.

• Like 1

So seems myself and a few others got through to purchase tickets, however after we approved the purchase on our banking app, the payment didn't process. Who else had this problem? Seems like the majority have been on NatWest. 

Did those who got tickets last night do so having approved on their banking app? Who do you bank with?

Seems ridiculous if there's a problem with mandatory two-factor authentication or with a specific bank. Means swathes of people simply wouldn't be able to buy a ticket. 

This is my big fear about getting through on my mobile as I'm having issues paying for tickets and other stuff due to the NatWest verification process (should be ok on laptop though I hope). Will probably have to try and pay with someone else's card.

Edited by addicted2noise

7 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

More servers...?

techy people said it was the same as usual

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

Without wishing to complicate this, I bank with Natwest and I wasn't asked to approve using the app last night. Payment went straight through. I am asked to verify virtually all payments I make online, too.

luck that, not worth risking it if tons of people were otherwise having issues for sunday i'd say

4 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

This is my big fear about getting through on my mobile as I'm having issues paying for tickets and other stuff due to the NatWest verification process (should be ok on laptop though I hope). Will probably have to try and pay with someone else's card.

with revolut you can get a virtual card in minutes, no need to wait for them  to be sent out / use a mate's yep 🙂 good luck

5 minutes ago, gfa said:

techy people said it was the same as usual

luck that, not worth risking it if tons of people were otherwise having issues for sunday i'd say

with revolut you can get a virtual card in minutes, no need to wait for them  to be sent out / use a mate's yep 🙂 good luck

Thanks I have revolut, will try that instead.

55 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

tremendous you got tickets right away without having to wait in limbo for two and a half years for a presale like you had to do for this years festival! We’ve got Santander as well, I just have phone handy, an authorisation request comes through and I just log on bank and click authorise. We go on Sunday, hope we reach that stage! 

12 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

tremendous you got tickets right away without having to wait in limbo for two and a half years for a presale like you had to do for this years festival! We’ve got Santander as well, I just have phone handy, an authorisation request comes through and I just log on bank and click authorise. We go on Sunday, hope we reach that stage! 

Fingers crossed … have you a group or just 2 people ? 

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Four of us in a group and my son is helping out. 

If it gets to resale … drop me a dm with details … too many to help at the moment as I’m locked into spreadsheet helping and some mates on there , it’s impossible I had so much help from people I can’t return it all 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

I think the problem was getting to the point when you enter card details and then seeing an error saying the details couldn't be authorized - this happened to me twice without asking me to verify in the app. So to natwest it looked like I tried to process the payment three times - on the third try that's when I was able to approve in the app. So the problem lies with seetickets 

1 minute ago, kingbadger said:

@Neilis there any reason why you're trying to ban my account? Literally started this thread this morning. I'm a gold member with a load of posts. Is this cos I disagreed with you, like many others, about GnR headlining? 

gold member turns the ads off, it doesn't turn twat mode on. 

am i trying to ban your account? your psychic skills aren't working properly.