Approving payment in-app

kingbadger

So seems myself and a few others got through to purchase tickets, however after we approved the purchase on our banking app, the payment didn't process. Who else had this problem? Seems like the majority have been on NatWest. 

Did those who got tickets last night do so having approved on their banking app? Who do you bank with?

Seems ridiculous if there's a problem with mandatory two-factor authentication or with a specific bank. Means swathes of people simply wouldn't be able to buy a ticket. 

10 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

So seems myself and a few others got through to purchase tickets, however after we approved the purchase on our banking app, the payment didn't process. Who else had this problem? Seems like the majority have been on NatWest. 

Did those who got tickets last night do so having approved on their banking app? Who do you bank with?

Seems ridiculous if there's a problem with mandatory two-factor authentication or with a specific bank. Means swathes of people simply wouldn't be able to buy a ticket. 

Im with first direct. Did the one time passcode and it worked fine

10 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Im with first direct. Did the one time passcode and it worked fine

Am with First Direct no passcode required - payment went straight through - £74

A friends card with a different bank for £208 went through - no passcode or check either

24 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

I had to do this in 2022 resale with Natwest in the app, but thankfully it did process just in time (eventually)

I secured mine through Nationwide. At the final payment stage it asks to authorise payment through a card reader or the app. Always use the app on your phone, the card read reader is too convoluted. Plus that way, you don't need to open up any new web browsers on your laptop/PC etc. You go onto the phone app and it automatically detects the payment, it then asks if this was you, to which you obviously confirm yes. You then go back to the payment screen on See Tickets and you're done. Quite simple.

3 minutes ago, Helsbels said:

Mine was Natwest and I authorised payment but it didn't go through....gutted!! Going to use my Santander card for Sunday and have other half's TSB as a reserve.

Looks like natwest is the problem then. Never had this problem before until they sent out the new MasterCard debit cards 

3 minutes ago, Helsbels said:

Would be interesting to know if it was only Natwest or if anyone had issues with other banks?

Everyone I've seen mention it seems to bank with Natwest, so thought I'd ask the question in the thread if it's just them where people have had issues. 

This morning I bought Neighbourhood Weekend Sunday tickets on my credit card (MBNA) and I verified by text (in app verification is always flaky with them), got the text and entered the code and it still declined it. WTF is the point of verifying if they can still decline. Got a text saying if it was my transaction to reply Yes and then got told to wait 10 minutes and try again. Luckily I was testing this out for Sunday and have 3 other cards available but I think it’s a ridiculous system. 

3 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

This morning I bought Neighbourhood Weekend Sunday tickets on my credit card (MBNA) and I verified by text (in app verification is always flaky with them), got the text and entered the code and it still declined it. WTF is the point of verifying if they can still decline. Got a text saying if it was my transaction to reply Yes and then got told to wait 10 minutes and try again. Luckily I was testing this out for Sunday and have 3 other cards available but I think it’s a ridiculous system. 

It would be good if you could pre-authorise a potential transaction. Or going onto a banking app and temporarily suspending the verification for the next transaction for say anything under £500.

5 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I've had this in the past with Halifax credit card, verified it and was told to wait 10 mins and try again (luckily that wasn't a time-sensitive purchase). Used starling for pulp tickets this morning, was straightforward - click on notification, click yes, payment went through.

8 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It would be good if you could pre-authorise a potential transaction. Or going onto a banking app and temporarily suspending the verification for the next transaction for say anything under £500.

Yep I just think it’s ridiculous that they don’t accept you typing in a code that you requested from your phone but if you type yes on the same phone it’s all fine!! 

Going to use our debit card and a back up Revolut card for Sunday. Would be great if you could pre-authorise but I checked before and was told you can’t. 

I've already posted it in the other thread, but here's some information from a mate's bank:  

4 hours ago, ThomZorke said:

So a friend got stuck as well at the authorisation page. Nothing happened after he authorised the payment. Well, he called his bank today and asked if there was an issue with his card and they told him, the website didn't support 3D-Secure for authorisation. Apparently, they were able to confirm this after looking into their system in order to find out what went wrong.

If this really is the case, then they royally screwed up. It sounds like the channel back from authorisation to the website didn't work, which could explain the unusually high number of complaints about people failing at that stage.

51 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yeah this should be the standard. Like when you have to inform your bank if you're going abroad. 

Bloody hell - just read this - I can't believe they've now enabled this (or been forced to enable it by the bank). Previous years it skipped this authorisation step. I always felt that this was a good thing as any extra steps added on a system already being as stressed and hammered as much as the See ticket processing platform is during the ticket sale, would only be of negtive impact. And surprise surprise, its introduced another point of failure in the transaction process....