2024 Headliners

1 hour ago, foolee said:

The worrying thing for me re the SZA news is this probably rules out there being any really big subs ala Olivia Rodrigo (Lizzo last year) as they'd have just bumped them up. I also feel like it may rule out a churnups style slot as that would've surely been the easy option to bump too. Still, looking forward to the line-up and reaction. Hoping we get it asap but have a feeling BST will want shows (SZA and potentially Stevie Nicks) on sale for up to a week so we won't actually get anything until w/c 18/03 at the earliest.

It all depends on who is available and when. Just because you've got a big sub who can headline or a secret set somewhere... doesn't mean the act is available on the day you have a gap at the top of the bill.

1 hour ago, foolee said:

The worrying thing for me re the SZA news is this probably rules out there being any really big subs ala Olivia Rodrigo (Lizzo last year) as they'd have just bumped them up. I also feel like it may rule out a churnups style slot as that would've surely been the easy option to bump too. Still, looking forward to the line-up and reaction. Hoping we get it asap but have a feeling BST will want shows (SZA and potentially Stevie Nicks) on sale for up to a week so we won't actually get anything until w/c 18/03 at the earliest.

I still reckon there's chance O-Rod will sub Dua on Saturday.

21 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

It all depends on who is available and when. Just because you've got a big sub who can headline or a secret set somewhere... doesn't mean the act is available on the day you have a gap at the top of the bill.

This, but there might also be contractual reasons why a headline sized act doing a secret set can't headline or the act and fest might both prefer them doing a secret set for whatever reason.

Production may also be another reason. I know production for headliners is generally less important and smaller at Glastonbury than at other big festivals, but an act that would be a big sub/small headliner might want to put on a big show as a statement to give their career an extra leg up.

Not gonna lie. Can't keep up other than Dua deffo in. What happened to stevie? I dunno. Nick Cave, SZR (that is literally just letters btw) little bit of Alan partridge thrown in) Billy Joel. What the f is going on and can I spend times at all the other stages? I like the other stages. My husband said he will only go to the pyramid again if it is, say, David Bowie. Happy with that 😃 

26 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Still hoping for Green Day to do a churnups set.

Given that Green Day have no prior relationship with the festival I think it’s extremely unlikely they’ll be making their first appearance doing a secret set, even if it is a highly televised one like Foos last year. 

35 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I mean if they have O-Rod as a sub and SZA headlining faur play to them - but I'd say its pretty f**king unlikely at this juncture.

Think we need to start a thread to discuss pyramid subs cause i can't think of many that'd fit this year.

Edited by Acid_Haze

20 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Given that Green Day have no prior relationship with the festival I think it’s extremely unlikely they’ll be making their first appearance doing a secret set, even if it is a highly televised one like Foos last year. 

Not entirely true - Billie Joe Armstrong attended in 2022 to support his Son’s band who were playing one of the small stages. Only a small link of course but he’ll likely be on the Eavii radar at least by extension.

The bigger issue is GD have back to back shows the entire weekend - I can’t see an early evening slot as they’ll need to be at their own shows for sound check etc. I’ve booked to see them in Manchester due to this.

25 minutes ago, Mich1268 said:

...My husband said he will only go to the pyramid again if it is, say, David Bowie. Happy with that 😃 

I'm afraid I've got some bad news for your husband 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Think we need to start a thread to discuss pyramid subs cause i can't think of many that'd fit this year.

Not sure they ever really fit. Therefore LCD, Streets and SZA. 

3 hours ago, stuie said:

Imagine if you were well rested, felt fresh, had new feet and some decent footwear! That passably decent time could turn into a great time. 

I'm not sure I'd do it again. Heard all the songs I wanted to hear. I imagine there will be fewer of those 8 years later. If my feet were working I'd have walked somewhere else in all likelihood 

58 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

LCD soundsytem, Doja Cat, Pulp, Burna Boy, Dave, Janelle Monae

Think there’s a fair few about 

8 minutes ago, enquirer said:

Could someone please clarify, does the information we were given about SZA state that she is just playing the festival or that she is headlining?

Headlining 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FloopFiller said:

Should have read this before replying above. Good point. No chance.

The shortest lived dream ever.

9 minutes ago, enquirer said:

Could someone please clarify, does the information we were given about SZA state that she is just playing the festival or that she is headlining?

Headlining, replacing Stevie Wonder, replacing Madonna.

• Thanks 1