2024 Headliners

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

In most years by early March we’ve had one or two headliners, the legend and maybe a smattering of other acts by now.

To go this long with complete radio silence from the festival with regards to the lineup is unusual by recent standards.

Tbf, i think that’s what Emily said would happen before Christmas though… nothing until poster and poster isn’t late. 

3 hours ago, K2SO said:

Obviously not headline, but elsewhere.

My girlfriend met Joe at the Pop Pop Pop Up Shop a couple of weeks ago and he told her they aren't playing.

Somebody in the self-confirms thread then backed this up after meeting Joe at the same thing. They said he'd told them that Idles were offered a slot but turned it down because it was below their expectations. I'd imagine most people would have at least had them down as headlining Woodsies this year so you have to wonder what they were offered and what they were expecting.

Ah ok, that makes more sense. I thought you meant not offered enough money wise. But I can imagine that they were hoping to headline one of the stages and that didn't happen... 

On Tangk according to my social media it's everywhere... The problem of the musical echo chamber I guess! 

28 minutes ago, stuie said:

Er… nah man… Stevie was ‘a lock’ here and on discord until the ‘situation changed’ 😂 

Stuie mate, the only combination of "Stevie" and "lock" I can find since October on here is you...

stevie lock.png

Just now, Sasperella2 said:

Ah ok, that makes more sense. I thought you meant not offered enough money wise. But I can imagine that they were hoping to headline one of the stages and that didn't happen... 

On Tangk according to my social media it's everywhere... The problem of the musical echo chamber I guess! 

Yeah, I think most people would have had them locked in for a headline slot on Woodsies or maybe even Other at a push. I reckon they were offered the same slot as last time - About 3rd or 4th down on Other so they just turned it down.

TANGK has done really well for them so far - Another number 1 album, and sell-out shows at many UK venues, including Ally Pally. They've a right to be offended at a lower slot. 

• Like 1

It's always fun to take the piss out of people who are sharing info and leaks and are actually making a contribution before any announcements. The best kinds of discussion are saying "who?" at SZA and being arsey because people enjoy using another forum instead of this one.

Better still, you've got to act like you've been "shouted down" for asking a question.

Edited by Alex DeLarge
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, K2SO said:

Yeah, I think most people would have had them locked in for a headline slot on Woodsies or maybe even Other at a push. I reckon they were offered the same slot as last time - About 3rd or 4th down on Other so they just turned it down.

TANGK has done really well for them so far - Another number 1 album, and sell-out shows at many UK venues, including Ally Pally. They've a right to be offended at a lower slot. 

It won’t be the particular slot that offended them, it’ll be the money 

16 minutes ago, K2SO said:

Don't forget the CBeebies slot too...

• Like 1

Wow...a lot to catchup on over the last few days...

I'm in a big group of mid 20s...some of us knew the name SZA, some didn't, but those who did had very little knowledge of any of her songs. I wouldn't necessarily say its just those a bit older who don't know of her...I think she still represents a bit of a niche, typified by the genre of her music. 

For me its pretty dull and I wouldn't be booking her to headline. However, if its Dua Coldplay and SZA I'd still be at 2/3 which equals the most I've ever done (with last year). It really doesn't matter, if anything I'd rather not be at the Pyramid all three nights.

9 hours ago, northernangel said:

Move on Grumpy, not interested in you or your ignorance to Glastonbury Park set 2023.

Sorry - I was a bit busy enjoying a proper set from a good dj, rather than one just pressing play on a bunch of utterly basic mainstream bollox.

8 hours ago, HH46810 said:

Wow...a lot to catchup on over the last few days...

I'm in a big group of mid 20s...some of us knew the name SZA, some didn't, but those who did had very little knowledge of any of her songs. I wouldn't necessarily say its just those a bit older who don't know of her...I think she still represents a bit of a niche, typified by the genre of her music. 

For me it’s pretty dull and I wouldn't be booking her to headline. However, if it’s Dua Coldplay and SZA I'd still be at 2/3 which equals the most I've ever done (with last year). It really doesn't matter, if anything I'd rather not be at the Pyramid all three nights.

For me booking Coldplay is dull. Booking SZA isn’t. 

2 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Coldplay is a familiar booking, and it may well be dull to many.

But they'll never treat Glastonbury as "just another show", I think. Seldom think it will be boring.

But is that enough these days? I think it's well-documented on here about Coldplay's prowess as a live act, never dialling it in, particularly on the farm. That can't be denied. But, in 2024, there's a strong argument to suggest that it's a relatively uninspired booking. Boring? No. Exciting? No. Safe? Yes. Cheaper than others? Probably.

That's if Coldplay are booked, of course. They probably are, and I believe the intel we've been given so far. I'd just love to see the festival throw a massive curveball this year, for all three headliners.