2024 Headliners

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

Absolute scenes on here when it’s actually Madonna after all and you just believed some bloke from the internet.

Well we’ve all basically believed some bloke on the internet about Madonna, and all of the other headliner rumours we’ve ever had. Not sure why the Stevie one is giving you such a hard time. 

3 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Well we’ve all basically believed some bloke on the internet about Madonna, and all of the other headliner rumours we’ve ever had. Not sure why the Stevie one is giving you such a hard time. 

Nothing is giving me a hard time, I find it amusing everyone talking absolutes now, like we’ve had an announcement.

As far as I can gather no one has even seen Stevie Wonder since 2019, so it’s out of nowhere. Compared to Madonna who’s done about 400 shows and is very active, doing the end of the career tour like Elton etc.

I’ll believe it when it comes from Glasto HQ but otherwise try to keep an open mind.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, stuie said:

Nothing is giving me a hard time, I find it amusing everyone talking absolutes now, like we’ve had an announcement.

As far as I can gather no one has even seen Stevie Wonder since 2019, so it’s out of nowhere. Compared to Madonna who’s done about 400 shows and is very active, doing the end of the career tour like Elton etc.

I’ll believe it when it comes from Glasto HQ but otherwise try to keep an open mind.

A cogent approach. Adore SW but short a genuinely astonishing return to form/health his appearance makes little sense.

2 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Stevie info has come from a legit place, although I do agree that him having nothing announced so far this year does make it seem like a peculiar rumour to be rolling with right now. If the info had come from elsewhere I’d probably be calling bullshit on it too tbh. 

It’s also backed up in terms of BST at least so that adds confidence for me 

Massive set of headliners IMO, whether it’s Madge or Stevie. Nice balance too.

For all the usual pissing and moaning about Coldplay they’re pretty much the most consistent ticket shifter in the world, aren’t doing any other festivals, aren’t even currently doing any UK gigs next year, will get a huge crowd and go over really well. 

Dua is at exactly the right point in her career, has a volley of proper bangers, female, very good live from what I’ve seen.

Female legend and one Female headliner is a positive.

Madge or Stevie, both are huge all time legends. They may not be right at the top of the game but have enough hits to level Worthy Farm and both will have an event feel (especially Madge).

Look at what other festivals that pay a lot more have got this year and GFL are punching again.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Is this it 

image.jpeg

Thought this was a three day festival from the way it listed on the poster but nope, one day - that’s an insane amount of high calibre acts for a single day, too much so if anything. Imagine it plays a lot like WWWY in that a lot of the lower acts only get like 20 minutes and just play five of their hits. 

8 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Massive set of headliners IMO, whether it’s Madge or Stevie. Nice balance too.

For all the usual pissing and moaning about Coldplay they’re pretty much the most consistent ticket shifter in the world, aren’t doing any other festivals, aren’t even currently doing any UK gigs next year, will get a huge crowd and go over really well. 

Dua is at exactly the right point in her career, has a volley of proper bangers, female, very good live from what I’ve seen.

Female legend and one Female headliner is a positive.

Madge or Stevie, both are huge all time legends. They may not be right at the top of the game but have enough hits to level Worthy Farm and both will have an event feel (especially Madge).

Look at what other festivals that pay a lot more have got this year and GFL are punching again.

I think if Glastonbury managed to book Stevie, Sting, Dua Lipa, Pulp, The Killers, Avril Lavigne, Coldplay, wildcard Olivia, Shania Twain, The National, The Prodigy, Keane, The Smile, Snow Patrol.

I think it would be hard not to call that a cracker and up there with the strongest of the year.

20 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Is this it 

image.jpeg

Janet’s team been at the poster again or is that her legit position? 😂 

I’d have a great day at this to be fair. 

17 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

It’s also backed up in terms of BST at least so that adds confidence for me 

I missed the BST announcement too then it seems. When was that? 😂