2024 Headliners

Just now, Krisesk said:

As much as I'd like Stevie Wonder, there's literally nothing suggesting he is even active, right?

It’s all rumours, but no one else is more than a vague rumour either. All we know is he has recovered from a significant illness over recent years, which I guess may prompt him to give it one last master blast. 

Really mixed feelings about the *supposed* headliners this year. I don't mind Dua, Stevie or Coldplay. But if it's them...it's just not exciting whatsoever for me personally... However, it completely suits the army of chair people who are gonna LOVE it let's face it. I'll probably stay away, Stevie might tempt me there I suppose but only really so I can say I've seen him. Could easily be tempted by circus instead though tbh 🤣 

NOT complaining at all, I'm actually really excited to find alternatives all over the farm at those peak times. Just personally the most 'meh' lineup for my tastes I think I've ever seen 🤷🏼‍♀️ Hoping for a good undercard this year x

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum

42 minutes ago, Franky said:

Stevie f**king Wonder ….. again !!

It has been 14 years, this is hardly The 1975 at R&L territory. The last time Stevie headlined Minecraft hadn't been released, South Sudan wasn't a country and Osama bin Laden was still alive. 

• Like 2

Just now, Alex DeLarge said:

If you're 20, you were 6 when Stevie last headlined. It is a bit weird when people compare about the line-ups being samey/ stale when they've gone every year for the past twenty.

Yep agree and It’s likely one Michael wants and who can begrudge that . Maybe they’ll sing about his award rather than the birthday . Might see all 3 , might see 0 which makes it quite interesting for me 

1 hour ago, Franky said:

Stevie f**king Wonder ….. again !!

I’m f**king glad I don’t go to Glastonbury all excited for the music. 

What is with these guys? Have some originality ffs. 

Only eFests could you find people turning their noses up to one of the greatest, talented and most prolific artists in the history of music playing on the Pyramid for only the second time in their illustrious career. You say "again" like it wasn't fourteen years back.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, On The Blend said:

It has been 14 years, this is hardly The 1975 at R&L territory. The last time Stevie headlined Minecraft hadn't been released, South Sudan wasn't a country and Osama bin Laden was still alive. 

Wow. This analysis has really aged me. I didn’t have a smartphone yet in 2010. 

9 minutes ago, mcshed said:

What is the current position of this place to mentioning the source? I don't want to start anything silly but is Discord still blocked as a word here.

Nope no problems with mentions if it’s in context of something like this . However link posting is out of order as it remains iggys business as are dms 

Edited by Crazyfool01

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Absolutely furious that they've booked one of the very few people in modern music that could legitimately be termed a genius.

Think we are overplaying this people furious line ? I mean maybe 1 or 2 aren’t so keen but that’s life