2024 Headliners

14 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I'd take AC/DC on the proviso that it comes in at a strict ninety to ninety-five minutes.

Given they let Foo Fighters and Guns N Roses go all the way to their usual stadium-set length, I suspect that if they were to actually book AC/DC, you'd get the full-fat extended cut regardless.

1 hour ago, MK1 said:

I highly doubt it. The festival had to fork out mega bucks for it to happen ten years ago and I can’t see them wanting to do that again. Consider them well and truly ticked off. 

4 hours ago, charlierc said:

Given they let Foo Fighters and Guns N Roses go all the way to their usual stadium-set length, I suspect that if they were to actually book AC/DC, you'd get the full-fat extended cut regardless.

Yeah, I think they would. Still maintain they should have had the others trimmed too, GNR especially. 

Elton one of the few without longueurs in my recent memory for a lengthier, hundred-minute-plus headline set, and he trimmed down his usual stuff too.

All about picking the audience, I guess.

On 10/8/2023 at 1:34 PM, MK1 said:

If AC/DC can do PowerTrip festival why not Glastonbury??

The Eavii would have to use their whole budget for that and you got one headliner lol.

podcast which has a nugget about ac dc touring next year. 20 or so shows potentially. 37 minute mark.

https://spotify.link/sy7TLjMGNDb

Edited by Suprefan
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Are the June festivals announcing Ed Sheeran raising the possibility that he could be in the mix?

Nah, I really don’t see him being in the mix again any time soon. He was an outlier as far as Pyramid headliners go and, although still hugely popular, has only gotten naffer over time. Doubt the festival would pursue him again unless they were low on options. 

On 10/8/2023 at 9:34 PM, MK1 said:

If AC/DC can do PowerTrip festival why not Glastonbury??

...because they won't. 10 million reasons why.

On 10/8/2023 at 10:29 PM, Neil said:

now is the last chance to top up their pension plan.

Hence will be elsewhere...if they do any more shows.

On 10/9/2023 at 10:08 AM, Billy Shears said:

Would love to see it!

You won't see it.

On 10/9/2023 at 3:49 PM, deadponyclub said:

they would smash it!

Correct, but they won't be there.

On 10/10/2023 at 2:58 AM, NorthernSoul52 said:

I'd take AC/DC on the proviso that it comes in at a strict ninety to ninety-five minutes. That Power Trip set is great for the fans, but for Glastonbury neutrals, you want something a little bit less long in the tooth, especially given Let There Be Rock would last about twenty minutes alone

1 Shoot to Thrill
2 Shot Down in Flames
Dog Eat Dog
T.N.T.
Shot in the Dark
Back in Black
You Shook Me All Night Long
Hells Bells
Rock 'n' Roll Train
10 Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
11 Thunderstruck
12 Whole Lotta Rosie
13 Let There Be Rock

14 Highway to Hell
15 For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)

If memory serves me right, Metallica came in around ninety-five minutes? That felt a little bit short for their catalogue depth when I watched it the first time, but after I went back to it, came to appreciate just how well paced it was. Not sure it needs to be longer than that.

Ac/dc play as long as they want. Not what a festival wants.

On 10/10/2023 at 2:18 PM, MrZigster said:

A worse enunciater than Reg. Unpopular opinion I know but I preferred Brian Johnson. At least you could understand what he was singing.

Would like to see them (well, Angus + whoever's in the band this week) headline but think £££ means no.

Correct. On the last bit.

On 10/10/2023 at 2:28 PM, Neil said:

it would be another definitely not contemporary old rockers act but on a different level to gnr.

Yes, but moot.

On 10/10/2023 at 2:28 PM, Skip997 said:

Last thing we need is more comedy rock

Always need more. It won't be DC though.

On 10/10/2023 at 2:41 PM, The Nal said:

Love me a bit of AC/DC but they get a bit samey after about 30 minutes. 

That said, yes please. Last chance saloon. Amazed Brian can still sing anything these days, especially like this.

He won't be singing "Are you ready Glastonbury".

On 10/10/2023 at 3:08 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

They're playing Riff Raff, which reason enough to genuflect and adopt a 'we're not worthy' stance.

Will they ever play it again? 

On 10/10/2023 at 3:09 PM, The Nal said:

And Givin The Dog a Bone for serious lols

Oh, she's blowing me crazy
'Til my ammunition is dry

Oh, she's using her head again
She's using her head
Oh, she's using her head again

I'm just a givin' the dog a bone
Givin' the dog a bone
Givin' the dog a bone
Givin' the dog a bone
Givin' the dog a bone
Givin' the dog a bone

New 1975 single?

On 10/10/2023 at 3:13 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Bit of old blues filth. Lucille Bogan would approve.

😀

On 10/10/2023 at 3:31 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Anyway I'd be a bit more optimistic regarding Dacca if GnR had brought Angus out back in June (giving Emily an opportunity to pounce on the pint-sized axe-wielder)

Angus wouldn't be arsed to make a special trip for that.

On 10/10/2023 at 3:48 PM, henry bear said:

If AC/DC tour next year, I can't see them being bothered about a festival that pays peanuts (and which they have no allegiance to) when they can earn megabucks playing the world's stadia. It's not as if they need the exposure.

This is the only relevant point.

On 10/10/2023 at 3:50 PM, Neil said:

its a box they havent ticked.

They haven't been to the moon. They won't tick this box either 

On 10/10/2023 at 4:08 PM, JayDiesel said:

Not hopeful (or particularly keen) of AC/DC playing the farm, but I do think to dismiss them because of the money is foolish. Guns N Roses played literally last year, and they're absolute weapons for the bag - if they did it, anyone can

GnR are still actively touring. DC are teetering and not in great physical shape, with little appetite for a long tour. That means money is the biggest factor.

On 10/10/2023 at 4:08 PM, crumbler said:

Brian sounded awful at Power Trip but ultimately it's AC/DC and I'd still have a great time regardless.

He didn't. 

On 10/10/2023 at 4:17 PM, northernangel said:

Agreed. I cannot see any part of them thinking, oh we haven't done Glastonbury.

👆

On 10/10/2023 at 4:55 PM, MKBAB said:

Friday: Rihanna

Saturday: Madonna 

Sunday: AC/DC 

Monday: Wake up after Saturday's mushroom trip and your mates are telling you how good Coldplay were on Sunday.

On 10/10/2023 at 4:58 PM, wro_lap said:

I've just seen the footage of Thunderstruck at Power Trip and the guitar is... yeah. But I'd take AC/DC at Glastonbury in a heartbeat

Angus needs to change the way he plays it. He'll not f**k it up at Glasto anyway, so don't stress.

On 10/10/2023 at 5:55 PM, charlierc said:

Seeing as they made Download build them their own stage and stopped all other bands playing when they were on, I reckon they'd play the set they were always going to play. Which here, sadly is zero songs.

On 10/10/2023 at 10:19 PM, NorthernSoul52 said:

Yeah, I think they would. Still maintain they should have had the others trimmed too, GNR especially. 

Elton one of the few without longueurs in my recent memory for a lengthier, hundred-minute-plus headline set, and he trimmed down his usual stuff too.

All about picking the audience, I guess.

The Pyramid crowd is not that.

On 10/11/2023 at 5:16 AM, Suprefan said:

The Eavii would have to use their whole budget for that and you got one headliner lol.

podcast which has a nugget about ac dc touring next year. 20 or so shows potentially. 37 minute mark.

https://spotify.link/sy7TLjMGNDb

That dude is a douche and seeing as he thinks they'll play 20 dates worldwide with 10 in the US, you can take that with a healthy dose of bullshit

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Superscally said:

...because they won't. 10 million reasons why.

Hence will be elsewhere...if they do any more shows.

You won't see it.

Correct, but they won't be there.

Ac/dc play as long as they want. Not what a festival wants.

Correct. On the last bit.

Yes, but moot.

Always need more. It won't be DC though.

He won't be singing "Are you ready Glastonbury".

Will they ever play it again? 

New 1975 single?

😀

Angus wouldn't be arsed to make a special trip for that.

This is the only relevant point.

They haven't been to the moon. They won't tick this box either 

GnR are still actively touring. DC are teetering and not in great physical shape, with little appetite for a long tour. That means money is the biggest factor.

He didn't. 

👆

Monday: Wake up after Saturday's mushroom trip and your mates are telling you how good Coldplay were on Sunday.

Angus needs to change the way he plays it. He'll not f**k it up at Glasto anyway, so don't stress.

Seeing as they made Download build them their own stage and stopped all other bands playing when they were on, I reckon they'd play the set they were always going to play. Which here, sadly is zero songs.

The Pyramid crowd is not that.

That dude is a douche and seeing as he thinks they'll play 20 dates worldwide with 10 in the US, you can take that with a healthy dose of bullshit

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Bad Bunny absolutely knocking it out the park as always on this new album. Anyone still doubting he will be headlining the Pyramid in 2024 must be literally eating humble pie this morning

Gracias por Nada, Mercedes Carota and Vuelve Candy B are going to go off on the Sunday night.

And dont even get me stated on No Me Quiero Casar. Can see it end up being the Autumn radio darling to what Miley Cyrus Flowers was in the first half of the year

Edited by JonSnow