2024 Headliners

It can work the other way too, in the 70’s I saw The Who play at Celtic Park. Many of the audience were Celtic fans and they were keen to take a souvenir away with them, so much of the pitch got destroyed as they dug holes in it. (Back in the days when there was no protective cover on the pitch).

Great gig by the way, The Who (original 4), The Sensational Alex Harvey Band, Little Feat…

On 8/31/2023 at 8:23 AM, Suprefan said:

If Fender is doing it the old fashioned way of playing the entire circuit and notching some notable slots, then whats getting in the way of being a headliner if his next album is successful? Did Arctic Monkeys going from sub at Reading in 2006 to Pyramid in 2007 off one album bother you at all? I thought so..... And if this is your thinking then there really arent any younger artists good enough to be a headliner. Might as well keep booking senior citizen headliners til the rest get past age 40.

was the use of circuit and slots deliberate? I'm out of touch with new acts so haven't heard a note of Fender but from his name I'm assuming hes a garage mechanic who got spotted in a pub after a shift and is suddenly successful. If it was a movie it would be a spinoff from the Cars films 

13 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

CAA16628-84D0-4BA6-AA6A-F7A7C4D26DEF.png

12 hours ago, MK1 said:

From Festileaks:

European Tour 2024: Possible announcement of dates next Tuesday, September 12. Possible dates: June 12 and 14 in Madrid (Metropolitan), San Sebastián (June 17) and perhaps Barcelona (Olympic) June 20 and 22. Let's cross our fingers

Thanks folks. Much obliged.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

He is, yep. But on the face of things there's no urgency for them to book him to headline next year, so they can afford to take their time a little to see how the next album pans out 

Fender will always agree to do it, he's in their back pocket I feel. Better to go after the acts below that are harder to lock in

1 hour ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Agreed. Plenty of acts in the ether that are headline ready. Styles, Swift, Rhianna, Dave, Dua...BLACKPINK 👀

blackpink lol is this a suprefan alt? 😂

18 hours ago, balti-pie said:

If i was absolutely bang up for a stadium gig and the nearest one was the Emirates, i'd swerve it as well. I think thats completely fair enough. 

I was an at England game a few years back when Wembley was being done up, at Old Trafford - a few of us went in a minibus, including my Leeds supporting mate with a pathological hatred of anything Man United. Completely understandable and reasonably so, of course! We had a stack of pints before the game and at half time i went down and got a few pies to try and provide some stomach ballast; he took one look at the Man United badge on the pie and promptly threw it on the pitch, the hate-filled bastard.

I couldve eaten that pie if he didnt want it! pie wastage! 

great story balti 🙂 

1 hour ago, On The Blend said:

Is it time to renew discussions of Bad Bunny? Honestly guys, he's really, really popular and will surely get the nod soon...

Unfortunately I cant see him touring his 2022 album 'Un Verano Sin Ti' for a second year so we will likely have to wait for the next album before he headlines the Pyramid.

A shame as this was his most commercially successful album peaking at 62 in the Uk album charts, so out of his back catalogue has the most songs we all know and love.

While it is clear and obvious he is on an upwards trajectory (smart money is on is next album cracking the top 50) I do worry that a lot of the iconic Un Verano Sin Ti songs will get shelved from his setlist when he inventively headlines.

Edited by JonSnow
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3