2024 Headliners

9 minutes ago, CC22 said:

The staging is a big part of why it won’t be Taylor, the current tour she’s doing is an absolutely huge production and is about a 3.5 hour long set. She’s not cutting the production down and rehearsing a circa 2 hour one stage show mid tour purely for Glastonbury. That’s before the fact that she’ll almost certainly add another Dublin date given demand.

As you say, likely that more dates will added to her tour as demand will be phenomenal.  Just looked at her tour schedule and currently there's enough room to move between venues and set up each time with a single stage set.  I mean, she could add further Dublin dates before the announced dates, leaving the Sunday free,  but then it depends how many consecutive days she's comfortable performing.  Admire Taylor Swift but wouldn't go and see her if she did headline.

6 minutes ago, Meerkat said:

Without knowing anything about dates etc, and the assuming we have 2 female headliners:

Dua Lipa, Blur, Madonna would be the front runners for me

Definitely cannot imagine Blur, same as Pulp, they won't be on the road touring this time next year.

10 minutes ago, spcdust said:

Definitely cannot imagine Blur, same as Pulp, they won't be on the road touring this time next year.

Ah there you go! I was trying to think of a guitar based act to balance it out but was struggling tbh. 

27 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Taylor needs to announce her extra dates ASAP. Kill this rumour early, the hope is gonna kill too many of you if not.

Tbh - there is no hope (for next year). Anyone who's still trying to pretend it's even possible is deluding themselves. The amount of production in the shows, the differences in trying to change that literally overnight to fit into a vastly different time and space, it's not even loosely credible that it could happen especially not when you chuck a flight into the mix.

I say that as someone who considers Taylor the only remaining act I need to see on the Pyramid. Really want it to happen, no chance it does any time soon.

1 hour ago, JonSnow said:

Still have this nagging feeling that one of them might be Miley.

Especially with how massive Flowers was in January-March which could have been the time the headliners were being finalised

Looks like Emily first said there will be two female headliners was on 3rd March? 

(for avoidance of doubt I mean it if Emily and the booking team had any doubts that Miley is big enough to headline, that the success of Flowers quashed this)

I'd take Miley

36 minutes ago, JRhys29 said:

Said this before but I think Dua is a cert - sadly I wonder if this makes Rihanna less likely given their appeal and audience would largely be similar. However I do think Madonna has to be in the frame, and would also tick the legacy box. This leaves a slot for "rock" act (and presumably a band) - I'd love them to go the way of Bring Me The Horizon but can understand why this may be unlikely.

BMTH would certainly makes ticketing easier

33 minutes ago, Meerkat said:

Without knowing anything about dates etc, and the assuming we have 2 female headliners:

Dua Lipa, Blur, Madonna would be the front runners for me

They are the front runners but Glastonbury getting that is another thing 

6 hours ago, GlastoFlow said:

Surely The 1975 would be bad press re. Rina Sawayama & other controversy

There would be bad press, but not enough to cancel a booking. And this press is pretty light compared to some of the stories and videos concerning Axl Rose or Josh Homme.

I certainly respect Sawayama's right to speak out though, and behaviour like this should be held up to scrutiny. That said, I find it annoying she is complaining about who owns her masters (Healy is a shareholder in her label). Record labels have been doing this with every artist since the industry began and if you don't agree with it, don't sign the contract. I agree its a sh*tty practice, but young artists just keep signing the contracts, collecting the advances, enjoying the push a label gives them, and then whinge about it later. Bit of a rant... But anyone who is considering signing with a label should read the Don Passman book.

1 minute ago, JonSnow said:

I really hope Taylor hurries up and announces another Dublin date before October turning the 0.1% chance into 0% and making ticket day a lot easier.

(and this is coming from a massive fan)

Got some news for you - the footage of Elton levelling the place is gonna balance out any positive impact of Taylor swiping left.

Is Miley Cyrus that big a name to headline?  If that was the best they could book I really think there would be a lot of disappointment.   I honestly don't think she's big enough for a main headline spot on The Pyramid Stage, possibly, at a push, The Other Stage

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Got some news for you - the footage of Elton levelling the place is gonna balance out any positive impact of Taylor swiping left.

Aye, Elton tearing the place apart, wall to wall sunshine and more coverage than ever before…

Going to be harder than ever to get a ticket in October. 

1 minute ago, spcdust said:

Is Miley Cyrus that big a name to headline?  If that was the best they could book I really think there would be a lot of disappointment.   I honestly don't think she's big enough for a main headline spot on The Pyramid Stage, possibly, at a push, The Other Stage

Agreed, I can't see it. She'd be a good booking but she's just not headliner level.

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

If anything they’ve got the weekend free so that they can actually attend it (and Dave can make a few more guest spots)

That’s my take as well. Grohl is in Lars territory now, building tour dates around a GSH just so he can attend. 

5 minutes ago, spcdust said:

There’d be a lot of disappointment, then she’d absolutely smash it and people would agree it was an inspired booking.  

23 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Dublin. Last weekend of June as usual. Really very unlikely for Taylor sadly, unless it was a stripped down set (personally I’d be in favour of that but I doubt she would be up for just standing there with no gimmicks for 2hrs). It feels exactly like 2015 when she was technically free and in the area on the Sunday night but it was never realistic that she’d actually turn up, even despite the fest being on their knees begging acts to take the spot that had been earmarked for Prince. 

Yeah it's a struggle to see that show hopping from Dublin to Glastonbury overnight. There's been 3/4 days between each location across this entire tour. The wait goes on I suspect...😑

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

There’d be a lot of disappointment, then she’d absolutely smash it and people would agree it was an inspired booking.  

That's my take also.

Would get a lot of casual backlash from people who have their hearts and souls set on it being Taylor (Had a look earlier and the daily exp***s have released 2023 headliner odds and laughably have Taylor at 1/3 odds on)

And then similar to the Stormzy and Kendrick bookings she would inevitably put on a great set which would end up going down really well both on site and in the newspaper reviews.

6 minutes ago, JonSnow said:

That's my take also.

Would get a lot of casual backlash from people who have their hearts and souls set on it being Taylor (Had a look earlier and the daily exp***s have released 2023 headliner odds and laughably have Taylor at 1/3 odds on)

And then similar to the Stormzy and Kendrick bookings she would inevitably put on a great set which would end up going down really well both on site and in the newspaper reviews.

Imagine if the two female headliners are Miley & Dolly shared. That would be pretty cool.