2024 Headliners

53 minutes ago, uscore said:

Dua Lipa, Taylor, and the 1975 would be a reasonable set of headliners, and a massive swing from the old farts we've got this year!

I wonder if Madonna or someone would be considered instead of one of them, purely because the festival always seems quite keen to keep the old people happy (I mean the crowd, not the performer)

Madonna being ‘considered’ wouldn’t be as a consolation prize, it would be one of the biggest bookings the festival has ever made, because it’s f**king Madonna!

Obviously no idea what state she’s in as a live performer these days - we’ll see in a couple of months once reports of these greatest hits tour start coming out - but just her being booked at all would be a massive deal, and much like the endless conversations we’ve had over this years headliners, whether she’s still up to it or not will be null and void once the entire field is belting out her catalogue of timeless bangers. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Madonna being ‘considered’ wouldn’t be as a consolation prize, it would be one of the biggest bookings the festival has ever made, because it’s f**king Madonna!

Obviously no idea what state she’s in as a live performer these days - we’ll see in a couple of months once reports of these greatest hits tour start coming out - but just her being booked at all would be a massive deal, and much like the endless conversations we’ve had over this years headliners, whether she’s still up to it or not will be null and void once the entire field is belting out her catalogue of timeless bangers. 

This ^

On 5/28/2023 at 8:36 PM, northernangel said:

Due Lipa can't dance but she's there I think. She's turned on stage into exactly what is wrong with how young girls are dressing and acting these days.

Could you elaborate on this a bit more please, what's 'wrong with how young girls are dressing and acting these days?'

On 5/28/2023 at 8:36 PM, northernangel said:

And she has done that as her management clearly said you need to do this or you're forgotten very quickly.

Yeah clearly, she couldn't be remembered for writing f**king bangerss like Levitating. Of course the looks are part of her image - just like Bowie, Hendrix, The Beatles, Madonna etc. have worked image/sex appeal into their personas. 

1 hour ago, JP1994 said:

If any of those mentioned are the 3 headliners then that would genuinely be the worst set headliners to ever appear at the festival haha.

Although not my cup of tea whatsoever I’d get Rihanna as she has been huge.

Madonna’s old stuff class but she’s not relevant anymore, though I get it’s still Madonna.

Dua Lipa and the 1975 shouldn’t even be in the conversation.

1975 are okay but not worthy of headlining.

Dua Lipa is just awful. 

Get ready to be upset. It'll happen next year or year after. 

1 hour ago, uscore said:

Dua Lipa, Taylor, and the 1975 would be a reasonable set of headliners, and a massive swing from the old farts we've got this year!

I wonder if Madonna or someone would be considered instead of one of them, purely because the festival always seems quite keen to keep the old people happy (I mean the crowd, not the performer)

There will def be an "old" act and I would keep the money on Depeche Mode over Madonna. For one her production might be something you couldnt pull off on the pyramid and such. ( same for taylors ) Depeche is doing a few festivals this year and theres nothing crazy so its not an issue. They still apparently have an opening next june on their euro tour dates.  The 1975 rumor wont die until they either headline or return as an Other sub and it kills any chance of being on top and theyre the next Foals. Dua should be there but anything can happen.

still on the 3 D's

Depeche, Dua, Dave.

I agree no Taylor - can’t see her rehearsing a completely separate reduced show amongst the eras tour. It’s a completely different situation to a rock band doing glastonbury alongside a stadium tour. She performs with dancers and stage sets etc she will have to rehearse something completely extra on top of the full production of the eras tour. I can’t see it happening at all.

If I had to predict right now I’d say Olivia Rodrigo, AC/DC, Dua Lipa.

27 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

There will def be an "old" act and I would keep the money on Depeche Mode over Madonna. For one her production might be something you couldnt pull off on the pyramid and such. ( same for taylors ) Depeche is doing a few festivals this year and theres nothing crazy so its not an issue. They still apparently have an opening next june on their euro tour dates.  The 1975 rumor wont die until they either headline or return as an Other sub and it kills any chance of being on top and theyre the next Foals. Dua should be there but anything can happen.

still on the 3 D's

Depeche, Dua, Dave.

Depeche would be class.

Who’s Dave?

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I agree no Taylor - can’t see her rehearsing a completely separate reduced show amongst the eras tour. It’s a completely different situation to a rock band doing glastonbury alongside a stadium tour. She performs with dancers and stage sets etc she will have to rehearse something completely extra on top of the full production of the eras tour. I can’t see it happening at all.

Hadn’t considered ORod, and it seems a little premature for me just now, but that might completely change once album #2 comes out and she becomes a certified Billie-level superstar. I don’t think she’s gonna be one of next years headliners personally and think, if Dua is one, then the other female act is gonna be a more established act rather than a another new ‘bump up’ headliner. 

Still sticking with Depeche Mode, Madonna, Dua for my trio, although Depeche Mode is one of those ‘seems like it should be their time before they call it a day but could easily see them just saying no and taking the big payouts elsewhere’, so we’ll see on that one. 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Sure   I agree.  That wasn't the point I was trying to make.  I just meant the 3 people I originally listed were all quite (relatively) young artists,  and there might be an thought to book someone a bit more classic. 

31 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Hadn’t considered ORod, and it seems a little premature for me just now, but that might completely change once album #2 comes out and she becomes a certified Billie-level superstar. I don’t think she’s gonna be one of next years headliners personally and think, if Dua is one, then the other female act is gonna be a more established act rather than a another new ‘bump up’ headliner. 

Still sticking with Depeche Mode, Madonna, Dua for my trio, although Depeche Mode is one of those ‘seems like it should be their time before they call it a day but could easily see them just saying no and taking the big payouts elsewhere’, so we’ll see on that one. 

New music coming on Friday and new album in July apparently. If she releases an album in July and headlines Glastonbury the year after it’s pretty much the exact same timeline Billie had. (happier than ever came out July 2021).

I honestly think Madonna is super super unlikely. If we are talking about artists who won’t get out of bed unless it’s for a certain fee, she really is one. I can’t see her deciding to be flexible on things now either.

Depeche Mode maybe but we predict them a lot and there’s not really been any movement on it. We’ve also got a very good DM source linked with efests etc and there’s no indication they’ve signed up at all. Pretty sure we’d hear if they had.

Edited by Matt42

51 minutes ago, JP1994 said:

Depeche would be class.

Who’s Dave?

The uk rapper.

Billie worked out the way it did but was an eventuality. It easily wouldve made her a contender for next year had she not done 2022. 

O Rod is not going to release an album a month after this single drops. That things not coming til later this year. I dont think Emily is going to roll the dice on it. She will def hit the circuit so youll be able to see how she commands on stage in much larger settings.  Theres lots of options overall. 

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Well I think it was more tell tale that Emily was saying she expects Taylor within the next 5 years at the fest. That doesnt mean next year like for sure. If she does any festivals its after everything and its total victory lap. Besides, if it happened next year theres no damn way that tour gets announced til after T Day even happens. Theyre not going to want to make it blatantly obvious and then youve got a bunch of Swifties trying for tickets. In 2019 when it was all gonna happen you didnt even have anything close to the buzz thats going on if she announces one date. Although maybe if they announce after the registration period closes? Thats sneaky at least.

Edited by Suprefan

15 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

Coldplay have just announced more shows in 2024. 

Asian dates so far - playing in the Philippines, Thailand and Singapore.

I don't know if they'll be doing 3 successive European summer tours, having done a load last year and playing some more in 2023. Unquestionably big enough, but they might want the break themselves.

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

I don't know if they'll be doing 3 successive European summer tours, having done a load last year and playing some more in 2023. Unquestionably big enough, but they might want the break themselves.

Yea I think it’s the tail end of the tour now, they might do a few festivals next year. 

but they could sell out another European leg. 

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

Olivia Rodrigo, Pulp and Biffy Clyro is my guess for the Pyramid subs next year.

I think Olivia will be 3rd. I can see Biffy being back, but maybe Other headliner vs who ever the big female pop artist is (dua/the other one). Pulp, if continue touring have to be a lock. 

1 hour ago, dotdash79 said:

Yea I think it’s the tail end of the tour now, they might do a few festivals next year. 

but they could sell out another European leg. 

Unquestionably big enough to do it if they want to do it. Whether they want to or would rather have summer 2024 off might well be the barrier.

But we'll see. Long way to go until that gets announced, one way or another.