Download 2024

FeverDream

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Would love to see them hand a slot to a first-timer, but that will hinge on multiple factors - namely, can they get two others who are blindingly good enough to pull punters in along the way?

My Chemical Romance's lack of dates this year after their NZ/AU/JP run makes me think they are going to take the rest of 2023 off and then hit the festival circuit hard next year with a new album in tow. Preface it with a US tour through the spring and their own EU shows tail-end towards October and November. (There is a good chance they could end up at R+L of course.)

This year is where Download becomes Download 2.0. Full steam ahead with the new approach, I say! 

Avenged Sevenfold / Nightwish / Spiritbox 

Sleep Token 

My Chemical Romance / Enter Shikari / Turnstile / Jimmy Eat World / Creeper / Knocked Loose / Cassyette 

Trivium 

Rage Against The Machine / Run The Jewels / While She Sleeps 

Sabaton 

I could only be bothered to flesh out the MCR day. 

30 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

This year is where Download becomes Download 2.0. Full steam ahead with the new approach, I say! 

Avenged Sevenfold / Nightwish / Spiritbox 

Sleep Token 

My Chemical Romance / Enter Shikari / Turnstile / Jimmy Eat World / Creeper / Knocked Loose / Cassyette 

Trivium 

Rage Against The Machine / Run The Jewels / While She Sleeps 

Sabaton 

I could only be bothered to flesh out the MCR day. 

Works for me. That's a pretty strong bill, even if it is a trio of returning headliners. (The presence of credible candidates subbing this year does mean this is more realistic.)

I’ve got nothing else to do on a Sunday morning so I’ve fleshed out a 2024 lineup with what I’d book if I was booking it: 

Avenged Sevenfold / Nightwish / Spiritbox / Mudvayne / Soulfly / Dragonforce / Malevolence

Sleep Token / Beartooth 

Billy Talent 

Cannibal Corpse

Trivium / Cradle of Filth

Ghostemane 

Periphery 

Rage Against The Machine / Run The Jewels / While She Sleeps / $uicideboy$ / Code Orange / Biohazard / Employed To Serve 

Sabaton / Arch Enemy 

The Story So Far 

HEALTH 

23 minutes ago, Swansea93 said:

Yungblud would be a good addition he knows how to get a crowd going and puts on a good show, he’d be a good fresh option with the future of the festival, also need Enter Shikari & Don Broco stepping up to logo slots on main stage for once.

Agreed on YUNGBLUD. Him under MCR would be great. 

Does anyone else think Idles are due a return? Or have I missed something with them, they never seem to be mentioned but are growing and growing in size and are known for putting on a monster live show. 

As far as I can tell the last time they played was on the Dogtooth in 2017 with just their debut album

1 hour ago, panda97 said:

Does anyone else think Idles are due a return? Or have I missed something with them, they never seem to be mentioned but are growing and growing in size and are known for putting on a monster live show. 

As far as I can tell the last time they played was on the Dogtooth in 2017 with just their debut album

They don’t really fit in to the hard rock/metal bracket that the festival tends to fill the top of the lineup with, and they’d probably want a fairly sizeable slot. A bit like Royal Blood -  not a bad booking for when they’re a smaller act playing way down the bill, but not a band Download would bother with at the size they’re at now.

Now that Foo Fighters are back doing some shows I would love it if they made their debut at Download.

Something like this on main stage:

Foo Fighters / Royal Blood / Nothing But Thieves / Spirit Box / Jimmy Eat World / Dream State / Cassyette 

Completely and utterly not a typical main stage at Download but something I could see going down well should the other days be a bit more traditional.

10 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

AVENGED SEVENFOLD / Bullet For My Valentine / Trivium

Sabaton / Amon Amarth

__

MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE / Enter Shikari / Sum41

Sleep Token / Spiritbox

__

TOOL / Korn or Deftones / Turnstile

Lamb Of God / Godsmack

don't think we're ever getting SOAD, RATM and Rammstein again

Can see the reasoning for thinking RATM might not be back given that they could just call it quits again at any given moment, but why not SOAD and Rammstein ever again? Download would be fucked if those two acts disappeared from their roster. 

7 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Can see the reasoning for thinking RATM might not be back given that they could just call it quits again at any given moment, but why not SOAD and Rammstein ever again? Download would be fucked if those two acts disappeared from their roster. 

SOAD are basicaly disbanding again, they are doing that one-off festival in Vegas and that's about it for a while. Rammstein are doing that massive stadium tour since 2019 and probaly are never going to step down that production again, since it's making tons of money

On 2/26/2023 at 8:31 AM, FloorFiller said:

Yeah as above me, Serj literally doesn't want to tour, that SOAD show in Vegas is gonna be the most phoned-in hour they've ever done 

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

Yeah as above me, Serj literally doesn't want to tour, that SOAD show in Vegas is gonna be the most phoned-in hour they've ever done 

I know Serj has been holding them back regarding recording new material but I thought he was still up for touring in order to keep a steady pay check. Wish they’d just break up for good at this point.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

That new track is absolute garbage though. 

Christ this is absolutely terrible. Was expecting it to be bad but in a usual Avenged Sevenfold way, but wtf is this. 

Also I know the guy’s had problems with his voice in the past but he sounds really bad here… barely singing through the rasp.