Avalanche:  In Flames 

Dogtooth: Heilung 

__

Apex: AVENGED SEVENFOLD / Judas Priest /  Megadeth / While She Sleeps 

Opus: Gojira / Black Label Society 

Avalanche: Alkaline Trio 

Dogtooth: Dimmu Borgir 

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

I think given the fact that enter shikari have just announced a tour for next year and they are playing Wembley arena makes me think they are ready for that headliner slot

51 minutes ago, Hazz said:

I think given the fact that enter shikari have just announced a tour for next year and they are playing Wembley arena makes me think they are ready for that headliner slot

No chance they are ever headlining, but they might get the sub bump next time around.

2 hours ago, Hazz said:

Playing Wembley for £46, they're not headliners. But they deserve a sub spot on main stage after all this time. 

Shikari could easily sub and that’s where I think they’ll be next year. It’ll have been a bloody long time coming and Copping said in their book that he sees them as a special guest to a headliner at this point so he knows they’re a sub band these days. 

If Aerosmith really will drag this run into 2024, I cannot fathom them not playing at this.

Likewise, if there's a new leg of MCR's reunion run - perhaps with a new record in tow - they'd seem a shoe-in.

And that leaves the likely one spot left for Avenged Sevenfold, as mooted earlier.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

If Aerosmith really will drag this run into 2024, I cannot fathom them not playing at this.

Likewise, if there's a new leg of MCR's reunion run - perhaps with a new record in tow - they'd seem a shoe-in.

And that leaves the likely one spot left for Avenged Sevenfold, as mooted earlier.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Aeorosmith’s final tour consists mainly (or even purely) of festivals over their own arena shows in Europe. Can absolutely see them at Download ‘24 as you say.

21 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I personally think Aerosmith will do Glastonbury (having originally been booked for 2020) and a ‘final’ UK date at BST. 

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Were Aerosmith booked for Glastonbury 2020? Memory like a sieve.

Yep, they accidentally posted it on their website tour dates before official confirmation, then the festival got cancelled before they were ever officially announced. They were doing Glastonbury & two arena dates in July. 

Either way, this is about the time that they could really do with starting to get the likes of Green Day, Blink or MCR - not metal but still very popular with that type of crowd - to headline if they want to have any headliners left in a few years. Perfect time with the likes of pop/punk back on the commercial rise and those bands coming out of retirement. Think Blink will do Reading/Leeds next year, and if MCR don’t end up touring again then Green Day would be a great booking for Download to finally get.

23 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Yep, they accidentally posted it on their website tour dates before official confirmation, then the festival got cancelled before they were ever officially announced. They were doing Glastonbury & two arena dates in July. 

I remember the arena dates. Think they were meant to do Sheffield around then. 

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve just got around to listening to this other new A7X song and… wtf. Fair enough to them for trying something different and getting a bit weird with it, but god this is bad, and M Shadows voice sounds utterly fucked, which is especially worrying when even studio trickery isn’t hiding it. The brief part of him screaming sounds like utter torture for him:

On 5/12/2023 at 9:19 PM, FloorFiller said:

A7X, MCR, Aerosmith would be my current bet, but A7X are the only one I’d put any money on. 

Can't see past Aerosmith but I Download will have to take the hit on them doing Glastonbury too but in a very late announced slot. 

On 5/12/2023 at 11:16 PM, foolee said:

Avenged Sevenfold, Green Day & Aerosmith. No signs of MCR being back and think Blink-182 will do August festivals. 

I don't see Green Day at Download, I don't think they need to do it. Agree on Blink 182 too, I think Reading will have them on an exclusive next year. 

My guess would be The Prodigy/GNR, A7X, Aerosmith. I realize two of them both played in 2018 and before but it would be the same if SOAD looked to be active too and we all know if they were touring then would be in. I just question The Prodigy getting booked now to headlined main now and not zippo but they are still selling hugely and headlining everywhere else they usually would. They are due a return and are certainly a bigger seller than most zippo headliners this year bar Ghost.