Download 2024

FeverDream

12 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

A7X will definitely headline 2024. And they've always sucked. 

Naaaah. They’ve got some untouchable albums. The last one was brilliant. He sounds like he’s sat down for a shit and got his scrotum stuck between the seat on this new track, though. He doesn’t sound a million miles away from modern day Axl Rose. It’s guff. 

9 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

for me at this moment A7X, My Chemical Romance and Tool are pretty nailed on as the headliner trio, unless reading is getting MCR

Won't be Tool. They'll play their next album launch, all jokes aside regarding that being 20 years away. 

13 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Naaaah. They’ve got some untouchable albums. The last one was brilliant. He sounds like he’s sat down for a shit and got his scrotum stuck between the seat on this new track, though. He doesn’t sound a million miles away from modern day Axl Rose. It’s guff. 

I'll give them another try at some point in the future, just never did a thing for me, but I'll admit it's been years. 

Now that AC/DC are evidently back, I can see 2024 being something like

A7X / AC/DC / Gojira

Save some money for AC/DC giving Gojira the headline bump early. Returning head, legendary head, new head. 

Then again AC/DC do not need Download at all, they can fill stadiums on their own. 

Edited by BenG92

On 3/31/2023 at 9:16 AM, BenG92 said:

Now that AC/DC are evidently back, I can see 2024 being something like

A7X / AC/DC / Gojira

Save some money for AC/DC giving Gojira the headline bump early. Returning head, legendary head, new head. 

Then again AC/DC do not need Download at all, they can fill stadiums on their own. 

Love Gojira, but they’d be a fairly weak sub at this point so no chance they’re getting the headliner bump, even as a smaller option. 

Also don’t see AC/DC coming back myself, as much as Download needs it. 

A7X, MCR, Tool seems the obvious bet at this point given who we know will probably still be touring, but could see somebody else (no idea who) coming out of the woodworks to take Tool’s place. 

Gojira ain’t headlining Download any time soon. They’d make a great sub for sure but they’re way off being the size DL looks at for headliners.

I think it’ll be A7X and MCR for sure. The last? If RATM are about, that makes all the sense. Tool coming to Europe would make them likely too (if they are). I don’t think we can count Rammstein our either. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them do a European festival run after a few years of doing their own stadium shows. 

Edited by Andre91

23 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Love Gojira, but they’d be a fairly weak sub at this point so no chance they’re getting the headliner bump, even as a smaller option. 

Also don’t see AC/DC coming back myself, as much as Download needs it. 

A7X, MCR, Tool seems the obvious bet at this point given who we know will probably still be touring, but could see somebody else (no idea who) coming out of the woodworks to take Tool’s place. 

Aye I wouldn't normally put Gojira there yet either, but if they wanted to pull out the stops for AC/DC they might have to downsize on another day. Dunno. I feel like they managed to bag them in 2010 purely because they were filming a DVD on their own stage and didn't even want to be on the t-shirts, so Andy still had the budget for Rage and Aerosmith. All of this is headcanon obviously, I don't have a scooby doo. In reality I don't think it'll be AC/DC. 

It won't be Tool again until their new album, all jokes aside. Only two occasions they've done Download has been a new album cycle. Don't get me wrong, man with Lateralus avatar will be all over it, but I can't see it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Screw it: 

Avenged Sevenfold / Machine Head / Killswitch Engage / Spiritbox / Bad Omens / Kvelertak / Malevolence 

Sleep Token / Beartooth 

The Interrupters 

HEALTH 

Blink-182 / Enter Shikari / Turnstile / The Pretty Reckless / Creeper / Knocked Loose / Cassyette 

Trivium / Mudvayne

Ghostemane 

Cannibal Corpse 

System Of A Down / Gojira / While She Sleeps / Babymetal / Cavalera / Biohazard / Employed To Serve 

Sabaton / Arch Enemy 

The Story So Far 

Periphery 

Edited by Andre91

On 4/15/2023 at 4:26 PM, Andre91 said:

Screw it: 

Avenged Sevenfold / Machine Head / Killswitch Engage / Spiritbox / Bad Omens / Kvelertak / Malevolence 

Sleep Token / Beartooth 

The Interrupters 

HEALTH 

Blink-182 / Enter Shikari / Turnstile / The Pretty Reckless / Creeper / Knocked Loose / Cassyette 

Trivium / Mudvayne

Ghostemane 

Cannibal Corpse 

System Of A Down / Gojira / While She Sleeps / Babymetal / Cavalera / Biohazard / Employed To Serve 

Sabaton / Arch Enemy 

The Story So Far 

Periphery 

I just can’t see System back any time soon. Others have pointed out that their Vegas show will be the most phoned in, half arsed set ever. 

19 hours ago, Hart Attack said:

Potential headliners...

• AC/DC
  • Aerosmith
  • Avenged Sevenfold
  • Blink-182
  • Def Leppard
  • Fall Out Boy
  • Foo Fighters
  • Green Day
  • Guns N Roses
  • Muse
  • My Chemical Romance
  • Nine Inch Nails
  • Rammstein
  • System Of A Down
  • Tool

Any other suggestions?

Not really the scene anymore but if download wanted a female headliner they could go with Paramore 

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Not really the scene anymore but if download wanted a female headliner they could go with Paramore 

Tbh they would’ve been a tough sell back when they were more pop/punk but they’ve strayed so far from that sound now that they wouldn’t fit in at Download at all these days. Gotta be a strong possibility they’re at Reading/Leeds next year though you’d have thought. 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Tbh they would’ve been a tough sell back when they were more pop/punk but they’ve strayed so far from that sound now that they wouldn’t fit in at Download at all these days. Gotta be a strong possibility they’re at Reading/Leeds next year though you’d have thought. 

I think they will be at R&L.