2024 Festival

Chad888

4 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Hopefully cause Phoebe is going back to her solo stuff for at least a bit. I enjoy Boy Genius but Phoebe's own stuff is another level. 

Saw Phoebe twice last year and just saw boygenius this week. Although I prefer her solo stuff, boygenius were way better live and I think way better suited to a festival. Not sure if Phoebe is suited to playing main stage at Leeds, just the music style wouldn't work for a non-plussed crowd.

6 hours ago, foolee said:

Anyone heard Yungblud’s new track? Addresses a lot of the hate he’s been getting. Quite rap centred and pretty emotional lyric wise. Sub headliner next year I reckon. 

Alot of his songs are to be fair. 

I havent asked so its a guess but i imagine he will be there in some capacity as its been a few years now.

MSE: Paramore / Two Door Cinema Club / Tom Grennan

MSW: Tyler, the Creator / Don Toliver / PinkPantheress 

MSE: Travis Scott / Aitch / Ice Spice

MSW: Fred again.. / Headie One / beabadoobee

MSE: Blink-182 / YUNGBLUD / IDLES 

MSW: Kasabian / The Wombats / Ashnikko

Edited by Andre91

16 hours ago, sacred shape said:

Saw Phoebe twice last year and just saw boygenius this week. Although I prefer her solo stuff, boygenius were way better live and I think way better suited to a festival. Not sure if Phoebe is suited to playing main stage at Leeds, just the music style wouldn't work for a non-plussed crowd.

Yeah, I was more selfishly thinking about a solo tour rather than festival appearances! 

I put Kasabian as headliner because they’re always bound to have someone more ‘indie’ but I’ve got a feeling that if Machine Gun Kelly is around, he will have MSW headliner written all over him. The only other fest he could really do is headlining Slam Dunk but I think his last tour might make him too big. 

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I put Kasabian as headliner because they’re always bound to have someone more ‘indie’ but I’ve got a feeling that if Machine Gun Kelly is around, he will have MSW headliner written all over him. The only other fest he could really do is headlining Slam Dunk but I think his last tour might make him too big. 

He's too big for slam dunk, way too big imo.

9 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I could see them doing something mental and putting Yungblud in as MSW Headliner.

12 hours ago, WhoOdyssey said:

I’ve heard that Catfish are back next year, new lineup other than Van McCann. Same source that revealed them as headliners a few years ago.

Not sure if they’ll be at R&L, but certainly a possibility. 

Glastonbury, big weekend and maybe trnmt 

Seen a a few videos of Mumford & Sons at Victorious, seemed to really get the crowd going - are they at MSW headliner level still? I feel like it wouldn’t go down great with the younger crowd but then again I’d have thought the same with Imagine Dragons or Kasabian if they were to headline. 

23 hours ago, FrogLobster said:

I could see them doing something mental and putting Yungblud in as MSW Headliner.

He was rumoured for that this year.

Even though he's a complete cringelord and he murdered great songs by Sublime and The Chats, he is undeniably one of the biggest acts in the UK right now so it wouldn't surprise me if he did it next year.

8 hours ago, Crafty94 said:

Seen a a few videos of Mumford & Sons at Victorious, seemed to really get the crowd going - are they at MSW headliner level still? I feel like it wouldn’t go down great with the younger crowd but then again I’d have thought the same with Imagine Dragons or Kasabian if they were to headline. 

Imagine Dragons draw a much younger crowd than the other two I’d say, they’ve actually had hits in the last few years. 

On 8/26/2023 at 8:51 PM, Andre91 said:

Easy day ticket for Sunday and wouldn’t care about the rest so suits me! 

On 8/26/2023 at 3:10 AM, foolee said:

Anyone heard Yungblud’s new track? Addresses a lot of the hate he’s been getting. Quite rap centred and pretty emotional lyric wise. Sub headliner next year I reckon. 

That'll be a Glastonbury act quite high up, 3rd down main at the lowest. I reckon he'd be great below O'Rod to mix it up.

On 8/26/2023 at 10:11 AM, Andre91 said:

YUNGBLUD to sub Blink-182 next year, I reckon. Although a MSW headline slot wouldn’t surprise me after the size of that last tour he did. 

See below but yes 

On 8/26/2023 at 1:51 PM, Andre91 said:

I reckon MSW will be gone next year.

On 8/27/2023 at 12:22 AM, WhoOdyssey said:

I’ve heard that Catfish are back next year, new lineup other than Van McCann. Same source that revealed them as headliners a few years ago.

Oh I hope so, would have Glastonbury written all over for me. They seemed to be a favourite booking previously and it's the publicity they need. I always though Van was a good front man for them. My guess is that they could sub Reading if they move back to the old format next year, I'd expect them to play 3rd at Glastonbury on main.

29 minutes ago, foolee said:

Easy day ticket for Sunday and wouldn’t care about the rest so suits me! 

I'd agree, I'd probably not bother with Friday even though Tom Grennan was class at Glastonbury.

On 8/25/2023 at 9:41 PM, Sorcha17 said:

yCjAX9f.jpg

On 8/26/2023 at 1:51 PM, Andre91 said:

I’d say either of these are decent ^ but not enough to get me back

On 8/26/2023 at 5:38 PM, Andre91 said:

Would MGK even be well received at Slam Dunk? All the big acts are bands from about 15 years ago? Would probably do well on the day but get poor initial reception I think?

On 8/27/2023 at 12:22 AM, WhoOdyssey said:

I reckon they will do all superstruct fests + a few others

they’d surely want the same slot which could be quite risky with a new lineup … their last headline set was pretty poor as well imo, i think Kasabian is a far safer bet

Not sure if I read it on here or somewhere else but apparently they were playing Muse on the main stage to sound check in the mornings. Doubt this means much but they’re due an appearance aren’t they? No idea if they have 2024 plans already though, I can’t stand them personally 😅