Arcardia at the blood world cup

zahidf

Have just seen that it's 5-1

I also read that Iranian players and fans refused to sing their national anthem in protest of their own governments treatment of women, and in line with the current protests within Iran since the death of Mahsa Amini. Well done them!!! They genuinely face being kicked from the national team, but still chose to put their morality first. Very emotional moment according to the press, with female fans in tears at the gesture in the stands. 😥

1 minute ago, Alvoram said:

Have just seen that it's 5-1

I also read that Iranian players and fans refused to sing their national anthem in protest of their own governments treatment of women, and in line with the current protests within Iran since the death of Mahsa Amini. Well done them!!! They genuinely face being kicked from the national team, but still chose to put their morality first. Very emotional moment according to the press, with female fans in tears at the gesture in the stands. 😥

Wouldn't get too excited yet, although England have got a bye to the quarters.

Also read that Iranians back home are supporting England.

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

Wouldn't get too excited yet, although England have got a bye to the quarters.

Also read that Iranians back home are supporting England.

Yes there were boos from some of the males in the crowd at the gesture, apparently. But that just makes the player's stance and their willingness to actually take action even more commendable imo. 

On 11/19/2022 at 8:26 PM, Sawdusty surfer said:

Nail on the head there. 

From the inception I've heard that GFL bankrolled it's development.

The first year that Arcadia had The Afterburner in the SE corner GFL, along with everyone else including me, were completely blown away. As I understand it, Pip Rush then worked with the festival to develop it. I could be wrong though. 

If it is the case, then although the festival don't own it nor have any say in its direction now, the festival is inextricably linked to it. 

The festival, as far as I'm aware, has not made any statement regarding it being at the World Cup but I can imagine what they are thinking. There are few large events that have a policy more ethically sound than Glastonbury. 

As to the future of Arcadia at the festival, there's probably a contract in force covering the next year or five. 

I know many people involved in the festival circuit and from what I've heard Arcadia may not be flavour of the month now. 

The festival is linked to it when the spider uses the Glastonbury name to promote itself. 

9 hours ago, stuie said:

😐

Following the various ticket links there are quite a few well known artists who are out there taking the $$s. It’s not just washed up house/trance DJs and EDM rubbish.

Calvin Harris, Diplo (as part of Major Lazer), Hot Since 82 and Camelphat aren’t names I’d necessarily expected.

5 minutes ago, t0paz said:

Following the various ticket links there are quite a few well known artists who are out there taking the $$s. It’s not just washed up house/trance DJs and EDM rubbish.

Calvin Harris, Diplo (as part of Major Lazer), Hot Since 82 and Camelphat aren’t names I’d necessarily expected.

Money talks. 

Dirty cash I want you, dirty cash I need you ohhh

2 hours ago, John the Moth said:

Just in case any one needs more reason to feel disgusted at Qatar hosting this World Cup, it’s the main story on the latest “Last Week Tonight”. Paints a grim picture.

Saw it too, thought it was a good report and was pleased they showed the issues to a US audience. 

On 11/22/2022 at 8:08 PM, t0paz said:

Calvin Harris and Diplo are EDM rubbish.

Camelphat are plague DJs and along with Hot Since 82 played in Saudi Arabia last year (disappointingly so are FKJ and Michael Kiwanuka this year).

• 6 months later...