The good, the bad and the ugly

Fat_Buddha

Keep thinking back to that Pixies set and I think any disappointment must surely come from how strangely sequenced it was. They played 29 songs, only 8/9 of which were from the post-reunion albums. Maybe it was just that run of about 5 in the middle of the set that just killed all momentum? There's not many songs they didn't play that really could have changed people's perceptions.

As for The Chisel. Yeah, not my bag at all, but I absolutely loved it when the pit started and that older bloke with the mohawk kept trying to join in, but would then stumble out after 10 seconds gasping for breath. Fair play to him for trying to keep up with the youth, but you've got to know when your time is done 😂

On 9/6/2022 at 4:04 PM, 5co77ie said:

...successfully got early bird tickets at tier one prices,  for the first time

oh and Tide & Thyme win best caterers of the festival circuit 2022- and yes i tried every single eatery there this year - ask my bank app! I even had to sample all their extra random dishes - salmon bowl, kedgeree, etc

Thyme & Tide did the best salt & pepper squid I've ever had, and the fish stew was great too.  Glad I managed to get back on Sunday evening for that.

I miss that place that did kedgeree for breakfast though...

10 minutes ago, Hooskerdoo said:

Newbie here (to the forum, EotR veteran). I usually try and catch as many late-night Tipi sets as possible, but I've not been well recently and couldn't face the late nights. So who did I miss? I saw a bit of Beak, and I know about Ural Thomas, but who else was on? Thanks.

The first night was Mandy, Indiana after Beak. Second night, I think the first was Grove but no idea about the second - also had an early night for this one! And Sunday was Bug Club and Alabaster Deplume after Ural Thomas! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jack1212 said:

The first night was Mandy, Indiana after Beak. Second night, I think the first was Grove but no idea about the second - also had an early night for this one! And Sunday was Bug Club and Alabaster Deplume after Ural Thomas! 

Second on Saturday was Los Bitchos. Alabaster was third on Saturday.

The Good.

The site - it's just bloody lovely.

The line up - never going to please everybody but I loved every act I saw (bar one, but others loved it so who am I to complain).

The lovely person who handed in my backpack to lost property when I drunkenly left it by the firepit.

The new real ale tent area - nice chilled out area - spent too much time there.

The Not So Good.

Not enough craft cider choice in the real ale bar - i.e. stuff with just apples in it!

Boat - nice idea but needs some work on raising the stage.

Toilets - not awful, not great but then I've spent a long time on building sites. The high tech green/red lights thing didn't work which made queues longer. Compost toilets are the way to go. Green Man seemed to have cracked it this year.

The Ugly

Don't be ridiculous!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, shoebox said:

Keep thinking back to that Pixies set and I think any disappointment must surely come from how strangely sequenced it was. They played 29 songs, only 8/9 of which were from the post-reunion albums. Maybe it was just that run of about 5 in the middle of the set that just killed all momentum? There's not many songs they didn't play that really could have changed people's perceptions.

As for The Chisel. Yeah, not my bag at all, but I absolutely loved it when the pit started and that older bloke with the mohawk kept trying to join in, but would then stumble out after 10 seconds gasping for breath. Fair play to him for trying to keep up with the youth, but you've got to know when your time is done 😂

Re: Pixies I think the whole second half was disappointing. I was so pumped up and then it just dragged & dragged & dragged.

looking at the setlist:

1-4 thrilling

5-15 pretty much all great 

16-29 mediocre at best

Even when they did return to the oldies for the final six songs, they were strange choices (ana dreary; La La love you irritating/overstretched; wave of mutilation already played better). Only 2 obvious bangers & by that time they’d lost me

57 minutes ago, Hurray4theWhiffWhaff said:

Re: Pixies I think the whole second half was disappointing. I was so pumped up and then it just dragged & dragged & dragged.

looking at the setlist:

1-4 thrilling

16-29 mediocre at best

Even when they did return to the oldies for the final six songs, they were strange choices (ana dreary; La La love you irritating/overstretched; wave of mutilation already played better). Only 2 obvious bangers & by that time they’d lost me

They have a new album out in a couple of weeks, so were always going to play a bunch of new songs. I thought they all sounded better than most of their last 2 albums. I do agree that la la love you (easily the worst song on the first 4 albums) and a 2nd version of 'mutilation' was a waste of 2 songs though!

Another lovely EOTR, my 13th since 2008 -  it just gets better every year I think. Although I still miss the early days when there was so much more Americana/folk etc, it makes sense that they've moved with the times (plus it’s introduced me to so much good music I may have otherwise missed)

Thursday

We arrived early Thursday pm very excited as per, set up and and headed straight out

Joe and the Shit Boys were the best Faroese queer shit punk band I’ve seen in years (well ever)  - just what I needed to kick things off. Funny, punchy and rude AF - songs like Drugs are for Children etc brought a smile to the face

Sudan Archives was extraordinary

And Khruangbin sucked me right in - loved the medley of covers at the end too

Made a vow not to go too large on the first night and ending up suffering on the Friday again as we do every year. 

As usual, this went out the window when we started on the Hot Ciders and listened to the DJs in the Tipi until the early hours.

Friday

Woke up Friday feeling murky, but nothing an early Bloody Mary (or two) wouldn’t fix

Missed the procession but loved Shovel Dance Collective’s modern take on traditional folk

Saw the end of Naima Bock who was nice enough

Then Golden Dregs who keeps getting better each year

Anais Mitchell was sublime, wish I’d managed to catch her HadesTown musical when it was over here

Rushed over for last half of Durand Jones, who helped ease my troubled self with his sweet, healing soul music

Rushed over to the Boat for Snapped Ankles who were amazing, not that anyone could see anything due to the set up

Caught a bit of Fleet Foxes, but headed to Garden for one of my highlights of the weekend. Black Midi, who were ferocious and smashed it out of the park (Garden)

Audiobooks always put on a good show, and then stayed for the secret sets - Mandy, Indiana & Beak. Former was fun, but Beak just fab as ever. Can we have them back every year please?

Saturday

Despite staying until everything was finished at 3am on Friday, thankfully Saturday morning arrived with less (self-inflicted) pain

More Bloody Mary, then a beautifully curated afternoon of folk etc at the Garden Stage

Yasmin Williams was entrancing, but deserved more than 30 mins, Margo Cilker was a lovely dose of pure country and Alabaster de Plume (of whom I knew very little) turned out to be one of my highlights. I’m not sure if he’s played with his band before, by the way he was directing them between each song, or if he was playing with the arrangements on the fly, but the combination of sax and voices was incredible. Quote of the weekend - When in Doubt, Yes!

Wave Pictures were a welcome last minute addition and as joyous as ever, Weather Station also lovely but Kevin Morby was amazing. Loved his gold cowboy suit and probably the best I’ve seen him. Harlem River was a great finisher

I’ve liked Magnetic Fields for years but never managed to catch them before. Wow, just spellbinding, albeit impacted by the terrible noise bleed from the Pixies and the Big Top

Managed to catch last 30 mins of the Pixies including Here Comes Your Man and Where is my Mind, but looks like most of the hits were front loaded

Rushed to Tip for last sets of the night

Grove bass was so deep the entire Helter Skelter shook throughout (we were parked there for her set). I was worried the resonance might lead to it imploding, but luckily there were no casualties. 

Apart, that is, from the disgruntled landlords on the What’s App group which was great fun. After much abuse, someone asked 'what time are The Landlords playing? ‘ - ‘You never know, they turn up unannounced’ was the reply….. This continued all weekend, causing much hilarity but also many disgruntled Landlords leaving the group 

Los Bitchos were funky and fun

Loved (again) Alabaster de Plume 

Sunday

Sunday came, much too quickly, and spent the entire day at the Garden again, but could easily have spent it at the Woods

Katherine Priddy was lovely and folky

Jake Xerxes Fussell has been on my must see list for a long time and didn’t disappoint 

Cassandra Jenkins transported me over the ocean and Ryley Walker was fun, but missed the end to see Hurray for the Riff Raff. Rockier/more synthy than I remember but the lead singer (and band) were amazing.

Settled in to the Woods for Kurt Vile (languid, louche and so cool) and finally Bright Eyes

Conor Oberst was the first headliner I remember seeing at the Garden stage in 2008, so it felt special already, and he blew me away again this time. It was a bit like watching a car crash at times and (to mix a metaphor) I wasn’t sure if the train would stay on the tracks, but he somehow kept it together for a glorious performance - humble, self-lacerating, vulnerable, honest and sometimes shambolic, it was life-affirming and brilliant. Hope he gets the help he needs soon

Plus. the performance was enhanced by the continuous bursts of lightning throughout the sky around the stage - what a glorious way to frame such a show.

Weather wise, we’d dodged a bullet all weekend but when the heavens opened, boy did we know it. The Tipi and Big Top were evacuated and some dodgy advice from Security (‘Go home now, all stages are permanently closed’) meant many missed the last two amazing sets of the weekend in the Tipi (and Yard Act in Big Top). We ignored the advice, more in hope than expectation, and Ural Thomas was sensational, as were his band. I’m not sure what’s he drinking but to be so on the ball in your 80s is amazing, and finished with Bug Club who may have been the most fun I had all weekend!

Foodwise, the offerings were much the usual, but enjoyed the Fish Finger roll and Indonesian Rendang. The Burger from the shack at midnight in the monsoon was something else too. Prices seemed more reasonable than Greenman but there was not a lot in it TBH. I do wish they’d bring back the Goat curry/Jamaican shack again though. Best value was the mixed bhaji/samosa/ pakora etc bowl for £4 from the Curry Shed, though the bacon and egg roll from the Tea Bus sorted me out at least once.

Just realised I’ve used the word ‘lovely’ throughout  - says a lot in itself (other than I need to expand my vocabulary)

Gutted I Missed

All of the Comedy. Although I had been frequently reminded this was meant to be a ‘music festival’, some of my favourite memories previously were catching the late night shows whilst suitable immaculate

All the films except for the last film of the festival - Near Dark - which was a great way to see things out in style. The curation for the Cinema was exceptional throughout - just wished I could see more

All the secret Piano Stage sets - sounds like there were some corkers

All of the music performances on the Comedy Stage

Shockingly, we didn’t go to the Big Top at anytime (probably for the first time ever) - not because the curation was suspect, more the choices elsewhere were so strong

Fruit Bats
Porridge Radio
Darron Hanlon
Gwenifer Raymond
James Yorkston
Party Dozen
Perfume Genius
Lee Patterson
Willie J Healey
Robert Stillman
The Chisel
DeathCrash
Cola
Purling Hiss
Hailu Mergia
Lucy Dacus
Aldous Harding

Top 5

Black Midi - get better every time I see them. I think the first time was a late night Secret Set a few years ago and I didn’t know what to expect. Tightest and most ferocious band of the weekend

Kevin Morby - such a great songwriter, hits the groove and what a voice  

Bright Eyes - see above - nonpareil

Beak - would be an announced headliner at most other festivals. Funny, dry and absorbing as ever. They wanted more volume but a colicky horse put paid to that apparently…

Alabaster de Plume - revelation of the weekend, nicest man in pop clearly 

The biggest problem now is having to wait 12 months to do it all again!

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, scrippit said:

Great festival as ever, filled with lots of memorable moments, but the highlight for me was definitely and, slightly surprisingly, Black Midi (I've seen them before and been underwhelmed). Everything about their performance was brilliant, the atmosphere, the sound quality - absolutely epic this year in the Garden - and their relentless playing without a pause. We were all blown away.

Disappointments; the Boat stage where we could never see the band, some of the undercard were frankly mediocre and Pixies, who seemed worn out. But, really, this is picking at straws.

black midi followed by Battles was an absolute sonic assault and I loved every second of it

20 hours ago, Hooskerdoo said:

Newbie here (to the forum, EotR veteran). I usually try and catch as many late-night Tipi sets as possible, but I've not been well recently and couldn't face the late nights. So who did I miss? I saw a bit of Beak, and I know about Ural Thomas, but who else was on? Thanks.

5 hours ago, Hurray4theWhiffWhaff said:

looking at the setlist:

1-4 thrilling

16-29 mediocre at best

There are many things I love about the festival... the bands, people, atmosphere, stages, location and the weather always seems to be kind. Simon and the rest of the organisers do a fantastic job at putting it all together.

One thing that gets me every year, though, is the Saturday headliners. It isn't necessarily who they put on the woods or garden, and am sure they appeal to many. The issue is the lack of choice. With nothing else being on at the Big Top or Tipi at the same time, I feel like I've been herded to see a band I don't really want to see... and there's only so much time a sane person can spend at the karaoke.

Good

This was my sixth EOTR. Great lineup and tons of new bands to discover. Generally a super atmosphere. Luckily it only rained after the last act on Sunday ! Really enjoyed it and will return next year (just purchased tickets). Glad Rough Trade were back. 

Not So Good

Were there more attendees this year ? Did they increase maximum capacity ? At times it seemed a bit too crowded. As some others have mentioned there were more drunk / stoned people (which isn't bad) but quite a few chatting throughout performances. I fear there may be a tipping point where the magic is lost but am sure the organizers will  steer it in the right direction. 

As has been repeatedly mentioned the toilets and showers were far from ideal and the three ladies I went with were really quite fed up with the long wait. Boutique camping area layout, facilities and toilets / showers were also nowhere near as good as the previous year. On Sunday it was as though everyone had just given up, no soap, hand sanitiser. 

Everyone was talking about the funny faces that Aldous Harding was pulling onstage. In fact she was simply reacting to the strong wiff of piss from the effing forest toilets.

Edited by Jimmy Dean
Update

First EOTR was in 2009, missed 2 since then (2010 was at a wedding, 2021 fatigued). Early birds bought for next year.

Good

Didn't see as much music as normally would as previously I left my better half to manage the kids whilst I did my selfish bit running from stage to stage, but I've decided while my kids are still happy to hangout with me I will make use of that (I am sure that will change in the next couple of years). Anyhow, I enjoyed DEHD, The Magnetic Fields x 2, Grace Cummings, Lucy Dacus x 2 (first time seeing her with a band), Skullcrusher..

The Piano Stage, probably enjoy this more than the other stages (folk not talking), however sets appear shorter and it is certainly a lot busier than it used to be.

Low dick head quota.

Good folk camped by us, generally quiet at night and in the mornings.

Weather. Wasn't even cold at night which we know it can be.

Annual meet up with Fat Buddha.

Bad

Toilets, we were within the first 20 people into the festival on the Thursday morning, my Mrs headed straight for the toilets in the main camping area and said they were disgusting? How is that possible? Overall I found the toilets bearable but not good enough compared to previous years (lack of toilet paper and hand gel). Only once saw them emptied (not cleaned) by 2 blokes when previously it seemed like there was an army of cleaners who would hose them down as well as emptying them.

More urinals needed at the back of the Woods stage.

The End of the Road sign in the Garden field, takes up seating / standing by the hedge, plus is unnecessary. I've already bought a ticket, I know where I am, I don't need a huge pointless sign telling me where I am.

Smoking. Yes it is outdoors but you are still in the immediate vicinity of others, it really isn't hard to either to go an hour without a cigarette, or walk 20 metres away from everyone where it is quiet (e.g front left or right of the Woods stage), it is then dead easy to get back into the crowd.

Music from Two Tribes bar spilling into Garden Stage.

Observation

Less stewards, remember when they use to have those huge fire lookout stands in the main camping field? Anyhow didn't impact me either way, less stewards also meant my eldest nipper snuck backstage to use the posh toilets set assigned for the artists, "proper toilet seats and 2 different types of soap, Dad".

Less food options, everything I ate was great, just more queues.

Pixies, I only caught the end of their set due to being at the Garden Stage for The Magnetic Fields, however I have to say the crowd was the biggest I have ever seen at the Woods stage.

Someone mentioned about soft drinks prices at the food stalls (2-3 quid), they were £1.50 in the festival shop.

7 hours ago, Hurray4theWhiffWhaff said:

looking at the setlist:

1-4 thrilling

16-29 mediocre at best

I agree with this. I love the Pixies, but after a great start I was disappointed with that set.

Onto the good -

Went to the festival with my wife, teenage daughters and a couple of friends, I really enjoyed being  with this group. We had a lot of laughter and fun.

Loved the site, so beautiful.
Great food- ate as much of it as I could.

The Peacock chicks, four cute bundles of feathers.

The fires to sit by.

musical highlights-

The Heavy Heavy - was amazed by them, how can a band be so good after only one EP?

The Magnetic Fields at the Piano stage, lovely moment and I wish I had seen their headline set.

Caught the last part of Los Bitchos set and really enjoyed that,  what good fun.

Also caught part of the Lucy Dacus set, magical stuff 

Fleet Foxes, Bright Eyes, Dehd, Perfume Genius also highlights. I liked most of the sets I saw to be honest.

The weather😎 - feel like we might  have had the last of the summer

The Bad

As already stated-  the wasps, they really are gits at this time of year.

Having to go back to work on Tuesday, still suffering a festival come down. I need the weekend to come.

On 9/6/2022 at 7:50 PM, xxialac said:

I thought exactly the same. Criticising your own band member in front of the audience is twat behaviour - you take collective responsibility as a group.

Although to be fair Sniffany also criticised her band members (including guitarist for forgetting his pick!) but it was obvious she loved them really.

7 hours ago, staffop said:
Another lovely EOTR, my 13th since 2008 -  it just gets better every year I think. Although I still miss the early days when there was so much more Americana/folk etc, it makes sense that they've moved with the times (plus it’s introduced me to so much good music I may have otherwise missed)

Thursday

We arrived early Thursday pm very excited as per, set up and and headed straight out

Joe and the Shit Boys were the best Faroese queer shit punk band I’ve seen in years (well ever)  - just what I needed to kick things off. Funny, punchy and rude AF - songs like Drugs are for Children etc brought a smile to the face

Sudan Archives was extraordinary

And Khruangbin sucked me right in - loved the medley of covers at the end too

Made a vow not to go too large on the first night and ending up suffering on the Friday again as we do every year. 

As usual, this went out the window when we started on the Hot Ciders and listened to the DJs in the Tipi until the early hours.

Friday

Woke up Friday feeling murky, but nothing an early Bloody Mary (or two) wouldn’t fix

Missed the procession but loved Shovel Dance Collective’s modern take on traditional folk

Saw the end of Naima Bock who was nice enough

Then Golden Dregs who keeps getting better each year

Anais Mitchell was sublime, wish I’d managed to catch her HadesTown musical when it was over here

Rushed over for last half of Durand Jones, who helped ease my troubled self with his sweet, healing soul music

Rushed over to the Boat for Snapped Ankles who were amazing, not that anyone could see anything due to the set up

Caught a bit of Fleet Foxes, but headed to Garden for one of my highlights of the weekend. Black Midi, who were ferocious and smashed it out of the park (Garden)

Audiobooks always put on a good show, and then stayed for the secret sets - Mandy, Indiana & Beak. Former was fun, but Beak just fab as ever. Can we have them back every year please?

Saturday

Despite staying until everything was finished at 3am on Friday, thankfully Saturday morning arrived with less (self-inflicted) pain

More Bloody Mary, then a beautifully curated afternoon of folk etc at the Garden Stage

Yasmin Williams was entrancing, but deserved more than 30 mins, Margo Cilker was a lovely dose of pure country and Alabaster de Plume (of whom I knew very little) turned out to be one of my highlights. I’m not sure if he’s played with his band before, by the way he was directing them between each song, or if he was playing with the arrangements on the fly, but the combination of sax and voices was incredible. Quote of the weekend - When in Doubt, Yes!

Wave Pictures were a welcome last minute addition and as joyous as ever, Weather Station also lovely but Kevin Morby was amazing. Loved his gold cowboy suit and probably the best I’ve seen him. Harlem River was a great finisher

I’ve liked Magnetic Fields for years but never managed to catch them before. Wow, just spellbinding, albeit impacted by the terrible noise bleed from the Pixies and the Big Top

Managed to catch last 30 mins of the Pixies including Here Comes Your Man and Where is my Mind, but looks like most of the hits were front loaded

Rushed to Tip for last sets of the night

Grove bass was so deep the entire Helter Skelter shook throughout (we were parked there for her set). I was worried the resonance might lead to it imploding, but luckily there were no casualties. 

Apart, that is, from the disgruntled landlords on the What’s App group which was great fun. After much abuse, someone asked 'what time are The Landlords playing? ‘ - ‘You never know, they turn up unannounced’ was the reply….. This continued all weekend, causing much hilarity but also many disgruntled Landlords leaving the group 

Los Bitchos were funky and fun

Loved (again) Alabaster de Plume 

Sunday

Sunday came, much too quickly, and spent the entire day at the Garden again, but could easily have spent it at the Woods

Katherine Priddy was lovely and folky

Jake Xerxes Fussell has been on my must see list for a long time and didn’t disappoint 

Cassandra Jenkins transported me over the ocean and Ryley Walker was fun, but missed the end to see Hurray for the Riff Raff. Rockier/more synthy than I remember but the lead singer (and band) were amazing.

Settled in to the Woods for Kurt Vile (languid, louche and so cool) and finally Bright Eyes

Conor Oberst was the first headliner I remember seeing at the Garden stage in 2008, so it felt special already, and he blew me away again this time. It was a bit like watching a car crash at times and (to mix a metaphor) I wasn’t sure if the train would stay on the tracks, but he somehow kept it together for a glorious performance - humble, self-lacerating, vulnerable, honest and sometimes shambolic, it was life-affirming and brilliant. Hope he gets the help he needs soon

Plus. the performance was enhanced by the continuous bursts of lightning throughout the sky around the stage - what a glorious way to frame such a show.

Weather wise, we’d dodged a bullet all weekend but when the heavens opened, boy did we know it. The Tipi and Big Top were evacuated and some dodgy advice from Security (‘Go home now, all stages are permanently closed’) meant many missed the last two amazing sets of the weekend in the Tipi (and Yard Act in Big Top). We ignored the advice, more in hope than expectation, and Ural Thomas was sensational, as were his band. I’m not sure what’s he drinking but to be so on the ball in your 80s is amazing, and finished with Bug Club who may have been the most fun I had all weekend!

Foodwise, the offerings were much the usual, but enjoyed the Fish Finger roll and Indonesian Rendang. The Burger from the shack at midnight in the monsoon was something else too. Prices seemed more reasonable than Greenman but there was not a lot in it TBH. I do wish they’d bring back the Goat curry/Jamaican shack again though. Best value was the mixed bhaji/samosa/ pakora etc bowl for £4 from the Curry Shed, though the bacon and egg roll from the Tea Bus sorted me out at least once.

Just realised I’ve used the word ‘lovely’ throughout  - says a lot in itself (other than I need to expand my vocabulary)

Gutted I Missed

All of the Comedy. Although I had been frequently reminded this was meant to be a ‘music festival’, some of my favourite memories previously were catching the late night shows whilst suitable immaculate

All the films except for the last film of the festival - Near Dark - which was a great way to see things out in style. The curation for the Cinema was exceptional throughout - just wished I could see more

All the secret Piano Stage sets - sounds like there were some corkers

All of the music performances on the Comedy Stage

Shockingly, we didn’t go to the Big Top at anytime (probably for the first time ever) - not because the curation was suspect, more the choices elsewhere were so strong

Fruit Bats
Porridge Radio
Darron Hanlon
Gwenifer Raymond
James Yorkston
Party Dozen
Perfume Genius
Lee Patterson
Willie J Healey
Robert Stillman
The Chisel
DeathCrash
Cola
Purling Hiss
Hailu Mergia
Lucy Dacus
Aldous Harding

Top 5

Black Midi - get better every time I see them. I think the first time was a late night Secret Set a few years ago and I didn’t know what to expect. Tightest and most ferocious band of the weekend

Kevin Morby - such a great songwriter, hits the groove and what a voice  

Bright Eyes - see above - nonpareil

Beak - would be an announced headliner at most other festivals. Funny, dry and absorbing as ever. They wanted more volume but a colicky horse put paid to that apparently…

Alabaster de Plume - revelation of the weekend, nicest man in pop clearly 

The biggest problem now is having to wait 12 months to do it all again!

Lovely write-up. So much that reflects my own experience.  Pretty sure there was just the one disgruntled landlord though.  Pete.  He left the group & then someone reinstated him!!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, robith said:

black midi followed by Battles was an absolute sonic assault and I loved every second of it

Agree on this and the above poster. Black Midi were probably my band if the festival despite somehow being the worst thing I saw at glastonbury this year. Glad I let my mate make the choice between then and Fleet Foxes in the end. 

A different time of day so I was much more in the mood and into it by headliner time rather than early afternoon, different set list, and they’d lost the sax player from glastonbury which wasn’t doing it for me either. They just seemed much more into it and focussed. Great noise from start to finish and then onto Battles. Two great drummers. Friday was amazing. 

2 hours ago, Jeel said:

I heard someone doing something unspeakable to TLC's Waterfalls as I was using the urinal. Why we need karaoke at a music festival full of professionals is beyond me but if it must be there can it not be inside again? Far too loud 

Ha, I looked on my phone last night and I have a video of this I didn’t really remember - it wasn’t me singing but it was shocking 😁 (and someone doing 505 even worse). I love the karaoke for late night though. Just a good laugh. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/5/2022 at 3:51 PM, SweepingTheNation said:

Saw someone who I swear was Tiny from (late 90s indie-prog nearly-weres) Ultrasound wearing an Ultrasound T-shirt on Friday.

And it was, because he's written a review of it which features some very odd descriptions (and some bands he's obviously very excited and verbose about, in fairness) https://joyzine.org/2022/09/08/end-of-the-road-festival-1st-to-4th-september-2022-larmer-tree-gardens-wiltshire/